User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Do we know if it was because Lindsey wanted time off to tour? That's just a guess, right?

For all we know, Lindsey made fun of Stevie rambling at MusiCares or told her she went on too long about Tom or something, and she became enraged and ordered Mick to fire him.

.... if it's true. I still pray it's not.
Is she seriously that sensitive? If Lindsey is that sensitive too, okay then. She can't take a joke of any sort? She has the money and fame over him.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 View Post
No way this is real. It's as many of you have posted a push for Billy's book, which is shameful in this circumstance.

No way this band blows the whole thing up at this point in their career; they know it's near the end.
It's inconceivable they'd go out like this, right? In the steve hoffman forum someone speculated this was actually a well planned way to excite the fans/increase sales for the "farewell" tour. Lindsey's out! Mike Campbell to replace him! Upheaval and drama then at the last minute the band works it out and Lindsey's back. Tickets go on sale to relieved fans who were scared they'd lost they're last chance to see the Rumors lineup. See how that works...kinda tinfoil hat but who am I to say. I hope and pray we get a final tour with a revised set list and a new album but I felt a little queasy when I read those tweets/facebook.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Is she seriously that sensitive? If Lindsey is that sensitive too, okay then. She can't take a joke of any sort? She has the money and fame over him.
I just threw that out there with absolutely no evidence at all as an illustration of the fact that it could be any number of scenarios.

That being said, if this is true and Stevie issued an ultimatum, I'd lay odds on it being a result of her going ballistic over something personal rather than a business-related conflict.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-07-2018 at 09:47 PM..
Old 04-07-2018, 09:48 PM
liddybvck

I agree that FM just needs to throw in the towel. You can't really have FM without Lindsey considering he's just as important as everyone else is. This could just be me, but I think that maybe they'll lose stadium seats because it's not the complete Rumours lineup which people love so much. I think throwing Lindsey out was a bad idea.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No from what was going around he didn't ask for days off he asked once to delay the tour and then asked again for a second delay....however, now it's being said he asked if they could arrange dates so he could do both at the same time and it went south from there.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And Mick and Stevie were both in agreement that Christine McVie could be replaced with Sheryl Crow. Those two are a match made in heaven. No wonder they are tight. What a pair...

They all talk about the love between one another, yet it all seems to completely evaporate the minute money is involved.

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-07-2018 at 09:56 PM..
Old 04-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
It's inconceivable they'd go out like this, right? In the steve hoffman forum someone speculated this was actually a well planned way to excite the fans/increase sales for the "farewell" tour. Lindsey's out! Mike Campbell to replace him! Upheaval and drama then at the last minute the band works it out and Lindsey's back. Tickets go on sale to relieved fans who were scared they'd lost they're last chance to see the Rumors lineup. See how that works...kinda tinfoil hat but who am I to say. I hope and pray we get a final tour with a revised set list and a new album but I felt a little queasy when I read those tweets/facebook.
Oh my goodness, that's a terrible conspiracy theory. I still would not buy tickets, even if they did pull a ridiculous bait and switch like that.

-----
Quote:
I just threw that out there with absolutely no evidence at all as an illustration of the fact that it could be any number of scenarios.

That being said, if this is true and Stevie issued an ultimatum, I'd lay odds on it being a result of her going ballistic over something personal rather than a business-related conflict.
@sodascouts, I see. I honestly hope the reasoning is as ridiculous as it sounds. It really does not make a whole ton of sense, but I can't help to think there's some sort of grain of truth. In whatever way they're going to spin this [if there's truth], I would think they would either pin it on LB or just say something along the lines of 'irreconcilable differences.' I would rather hear a band divorce stemming from 'irreconcilable differences' and keep us hanging. Whatever the real reason is [if there is one], it would be bonkers.

Last edited by RudieCantFail; 04-07-2018 at 09:59 PM..
Old 04-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac is dead without producing new music. If this news are true, it may seem like Stevie is pissed that Lindsey is still creative and productive.
Well, more room for Lindsey to keep being the artist he is. I say, don't look back and do a setlist of just post-2000 material, including the new album (which would be a super strong setlist), and let the others do their zombie pre-1990 thing, which is irrelevant.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If it's true, it bothers the heck out of me that Mike agreed. If it were me, I would look at them and say "are you NUTS, we just lost Tom. Do you know what I would give to play with him again. You are all in the last chapter, go home and work it out"

Of all of the stuff floating around, Mike agreeing to step into this is the hardest for me to even remotely understand.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I personally disagree; they survived probably the most horrible personal fights. For this to happen I think it was a business conflict and whoever in charge basically showing that they care about money more than loyalty.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still hoping its not true, but it increasingly seems it really is. Don't know whether to be sad, frustrated or angry. Unfortunately the passive fans who will buy tickets will be largely oblivious or maybe even welcome this line up change so I'm not sure it would impact on sales.
I have no interest in seeing a new Fleetwood Mac, though I'm considering buying a ticket just to boo.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-07-2018, 11:52 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm still hoping its not true, but it increasingly seems it really is. Don't know whether to be sad, frustrated or angry. Unfortunately the passive fans who will buy tickets will be largely oblivious or maybe even welcome this line up change so I'm not sure it would impact on sales.
I have no interest in seeing a new Fleetwood Mac, though I'm considering buying a ticket just to boo.
Nooo! Don't feed the big machine! Just roast them on social media because there are probably going to be some concert videos.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/04/b...-her-muse.html

Feb 2014 with Stevie in the NYT:

the very last Q&A in the interview:

Interviewer: Can you imagine a time when Fleetwood Mac will come to an end?

Stevie: It will probably become less physical and involve less travel. But I don’t see Fleetwood Mac ever really stopping.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
No from what was going around he didn't ask for days off he asked once to delay the tour and then asked again for a second delay....however, now it's being said he asked if they could arrange dates so he could do both at the same time and it went south from there.
I did a lot of digging around on all the threads and talk about it on FB and Twitter and while there's a whole bunch of people claiming a whole bunch of different things, this looks like the most accurate summation of it. He very seriously wanted to have dates so he could work on his solo project and they wouldn't give it to him and it got messy. Quite unfair if you ask me considering he's given up his solo material for the band more than once in the past and the band has always bent over backwards so Stevie could have time to do whatever she wants.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is some crazy sh*t.