Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
human fattening pen [cubicle]
That's briliant. And so true.

Well I almost flaked today on the gym - but I made myself go....

Ever wake up in just a horrid mood for no apparent reason? Well that was me this morning - I just feel foul. Annoyed and mad - and I woke up that way

So I wasn't going to go to the gym - but I made myself - figured maybe I could work off some aggression - that didn't work - but at least I got 35min. cardio + abs in. 4 days in a row...I'm on a roll

Now if I can just shake the wanting to hit something till they feel as bad as I do feeling it'll be a lovely day
Old 10-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm working at least 12 hours today, and I have to get up early for yoga tomorrow so I probably won't have time/energy/desire to work out tonight. But I did take a walk around campus on my lunch today.

Last night I did 30 min. on the eliptical, then abs & then weight resistance for arms & legs. Guess it's been a while - I'm a bit sore!
Old 10-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

Hey well walking around campus is better than sitting and doing nothing (which is what I usually do on days I don't work out).

I'm more and more envious of your home eliptical machine every day. Sigh.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
^^

Hey well walking around campus is better than sitting and doing nothing (which is what I usually do on days I don't work out).

I'm more and more envious of your home eliptical machine every day. Sigh.
Check the classifieds every single day. They don't show up often, and when they do, they're gone fast.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I'm working at least 12 hours today, and I have to get up early for yoga tomorrow so I probably won't have time/energy/desire to work out tonight. But I did take a walk around campus on my lunch today.

Last night I did 30 min. on the eliptical, then abs & then weight resistance for arms & legs. Guess it's been a while - I'm a bit sore!
you too!? I was in bed screaming I had RLS (restless leg syndrome) because my legs were twitching something turrible!!! but my ass feels nice and tight today! so, I guess it was all for the best.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Yeah, it's a good sore, but I can definitely feel it - a lot more than usual.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
dude! totally check out the gym at your school. doooo ittttttt! *goes with you* or get exercise dvd's or something. it'll help you feel a ton bettah. dude, my sleeping patterns are terrible, too. we really need to fix that ... i was proud of myself last night - i actually fell asleep before 2! even though there was an x files marathon on until, like, 6 a.m.! but i convinced myself i didn't need to watch since i have all the eps on dvd. i'm a dork.

as for meself, i've lost 20 pounds so far. i spent a slovenly 5 days in southwestern georgia visiting my brother, and gained a pound back. i'll probably lose it today or tomorrow. i feel a million times better now that i'm back to my routine & eating habits, and my stepdad wants to start eating better and exercising, too.

Yeah but... There's PEOPLE there! I'm leaning more toward the exercise DVDs. Anything, as long as it's current. I was laughing too hard to exercise when I pulled out those old Jane Fonda tapes... She's kinda ridiculous.

One pound? You'll lose that in no time. That's really great that you've gotten into the habit of eating and living better.

Quote:
I hear that. It can be hard to find the energy to get moving when you just don't feel good. I never found walking to help with depression much, I really have to sweat for it to help. Carrie is on the money with her gym suggestion.

It's cool to see everyone in here. I've also been slacking in the diet department. But I'm ready to reel it in again.
A small part of the depression is due to the fact that I've slacked and let go of what I had worked toward just a few months ago. So I know that if I can just work my way back up bit by bit, I'll feel a bit better, but I need the motivation! Someone kick me in the ass, please.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

3 days back watching the diet & I'm doing great & feeling great. I went to yoga class this morning and I feel so relaxed.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
me too. I looked in the mirror this morning (naked as they say do) and for the first time I can actually see changes.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Yeah but... There's PEOPLE there! I'm leaning more toward the exercise DVDs. Anything, as long as it's current. I was laughing too hard to exercise when I pulled out those old Jane Fonda tapes... She's kinda ridiculous.
yeah dude ... get some new dvd's. ooh! i know what you're getting for chrisssssstmasssss.

Quote:
A small part of the depression is due to the fact that I've slacked and let go of what I had worked toward just a few months ago. So I know that if I can just work my way back up bit by bit, I'll feel a bit better, but I need the motivation! Someone kick me in the ass, please.
*stomps up to canada and kicks you in the ass* my brother taught me how to yell like a drill sergeant ... you want me to practice on you?
Old 10-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
... I pulled out those old Jane Fonda tapes... She's kinda ridiculous.

One pound? You'll lose that in no time. That's really great that you've gotten into the habit of eating and living better.

Oh yeah, Jane was hard core, man. Back in the day I liked doing tapes cuz I was so self-conscious. Maybe there are newer ones that are better? I liked Jane's step tape, although it wasn't not rediculous. Maybe that isn't so bad, if you think it's funny then that could help.

Okay, you asked for this... Get your ASS out there and go for a WALK and stop making FRIGGING EXCUSES!!! STOP THINKING AND GET MOVING!!!(TM) Right NOW.

The sad truth is motivation follows action. You have to get moving first and then you will be motivated to keep moving.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My mod does Sweatin' to the Oldies - doesn't get much lamer than that
Old 10-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah dude ... get some new dvd's. ooh! i know what you're getting for chrisssssstmasssss.

*stomps up to canada and kicks you in the ass* my brother taught me how to yell like a drill sergeant ... you want me to practice on you?
If you buy me anything for Christmas, I'll sent a combat boot up your ass!

Quote:
Oh yeah, Jane was hard core, man. Back in the day I liked doing tapes cuz I was so self-conscious. Maybe there are newer ones that are better? I liked Jane's step tape, although it wasn't not rediculous. Maybe that isn't so bad, if you think it's funny then that could help.

Okay, you asked for this... Get your ASS out there and go for a WALK and stop making FRIGGING EXCUSES!!! STOP THINKING AND GET MOVING!!!(TM) Right NOW.
The only JF ones I have are from.... 1985 and 1990, and they are a laugh riot. All the costumes and junk. I should look for more recent exercise stuff. Oh, and thanks for the pep talk.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you buy me anything for Christmas, I'll sent a combat boot up your ass!
i am sooooooo not afraid of yo' canadian self.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i am sooooooo not afraid of yo' canadian self.
You should be! Canadian boots are tougher. Made out of beaver hyde.