User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nicki
OH HEY! No one said anything about the guy in the rock band! Konstantine or whatever his name was. He's sexy.
Yeah that guy is the brother of some girl in my town. She is very excited. I agree he is hot.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedSLN
She has a killer voice, but I've heard a few tracks off her album, and they're pretty dismal. My favorite is the ultra classy 'Baby Mama'

[chorus]
B-A-B-Y M-A-M-A
This goes out to all my baby mamas
B-A-B-Y M-A-M-A
I got love for all my baby mamas
Tiff, I'm going to kill you! That song is the silliest, most inane thing I've heard in a long time, but the chorus is so catchy. Now that you've reminded me of its existence, it's going to be in my head all day long!

ps: For those who haven't heard it--and that would be just about everyone--the B-A-B-Y part reminds me of a rip-off of the Jackson 5's ABC.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I finally broke down and started watching American Idol last night....it was pretty damn entertaining

It sad but fun to see people making absolute arses of themselves...but sad when they think they can actually sing....anway - I've been sucked in now
Old 01-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreammms
Yeah that guy is the brother of some girl in my town. She is very excited. I agree he is hot.
CAN I GET HIS NUMBER?!?!?!?
Old 01-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Well I finally broke down and started watching American Idol last night....it was pretty damn entertaining

It sad but fun to see people making absolute arses of themselves...but sad when they think they can actually sing....anway - I've been sucked in now
I never thought I would watch but after someone did a Stevie song that was it, I was hooked, hehe. I actually missed that episode though!

I missed Konstantine, dammit. I also thought that beautiful blonde farm girl sounded awesome, she may make it to the top 10.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
I never thought I would watch but after someone did a Stevie song that was it, I was hooked, hehe.
Oh ****. I missed this! What song was sung?!?!
Old 01-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Oh ****. I missed this! What song was sung?!?!
I think she was referring to when Nicki did Edge of 17" in season 1
Old 01-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
I never thought I would watch but after someone did a Stevie song that was it, I was hooked, hehe. I actually missed that episode though!

I missed Konstantine, dammit. I also thought that beautiful blonde farm girl sounded awesome, she may make it to the top 10.
Yeah - I liked the little farm girl - and she's got a nice pop/coutnry look to her - I bet she goes pretty far

I hated that Joe Shane guy and was so happy he didn't make it...

My best friend from high school - her dad got married to a woman w/kids - and moved to St. Louis - I'm pretty sure one of his step-kids was on last night - the girl singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" She was God awful...
Old 01-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I think she was referring to when Nicki did Edge of 17" in season 1
Yes, sorry, details are not my strong suit! I was out that nite and I saw the episode but didn't hear it since the jukebox was on where I was.

Oh yeah, and Simon and Paula both forgot their bras last nite!
Old 01-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did you guys like Niki from season 1? I really didn't care for her voice. But I'm thankful she chose a Stevie song at least.

The auditions this year have been soooo funny! especially that strange girl at the end of the first eppy on Tuesday....what was up with that...she was having conversations with herself. I believe she sang a carol king song..."I Feel the Earth Move".

FUNNY!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone watch this tonight?

They let a "fake" contestant through... This guy named Chris (something) came on and did a rap about the judges (that I actually thought was kinda funny).

He participated in Trading Spaces a few years ago, and I've seen him since on some pizza commercials. If it's the same guy, I think he also had a Comedy Central standup show.

Next week -- finally we get to the real competition!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Yup...

Chris Wilde (Wylde...something) is an actor and has been on lots of TV shows and stuff.

Nikki was at the Dallas 2003 FM show, I talked to her for a few seconds, and she and her family sat in the row right in front of Seteca, his friend, my mom and I. She sang Edge on the show and she did Rhiannon on the AI tour.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Chris Wilde (Wylde...something) is an actor and has been on lots of TV shows and stuff.

Nikki was at the Dallas 2003 FM show, I talked to her for a few seconds, and she and her family sat in the row right in front of Seteca, his friend, my mom and I. She sang Edge on the show and she did Rhiannon on the AI tour.
YES! Chris Wylde. Thank God - I thought I was going crazy for the first half of his routine. Ya know - that fast flashy mental slideshow where you try to place a face...

I wasn't a Nikki fan (other than the Stevie connection), but she seemed nice enough. If her website is still up, she actually recorded Rhiannon and Edge and had them for download. But that was what -- 4 years ago?
Old 02-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow 2002 or so...yep

I have a version of Rhiannon she did on a CD somewhere. I was never a fan of her voice either, but she was really sweet when I chatted with her. I didn't get my pic with her, but I should have. Ah well.

As if Chris being on AI tonight wasn't wierd enough...he was in an episode of Film Fakers with one of my obsessions....Justin Guarini.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone catch it last night? Thank God the general try-outs are over, I don't think I can take hearing another Whitney song, by someone good or bad. Ugh.

I liked the 2 crooners, but I liked the short brown-haired guy better than the one with the hat. I hated the guy who sang Queen, but apparently he sounded "just like Freddie Mercury." I must have not been listening well

And the guy who sounded like a chick? Oh.My.God. Hilarious! The only one more amusing may have been the guy who claims he had a job singing on cruise ships for 6 months. I was dying when Randy was vibrating along with this guy's ridiculous fake vibrato - "chainchainchaaa-aaa-aaa-aaa-iii-iii-iii-nnn...chain of foo-oooo-oooo-ooo-ooo-ooooo-llllssss..." Horrendous!