User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie commented on " Buckingham Mcvie" album

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...-a3442501.html

Stevie Nicks says she does not think Fleetwood Mac will make another album together — because they are “not 40” any more.

The singer, 68, believes the band are more likely to focus on touring and doubts they will ever record a follow-up to 2003’s Say You Will.

She said: “If the five of us were to get together to make a record it would take a year, which is what it always takes us.

"It would be a whole year of recording, then press, then rehearsal, and by the time we got back onto the road, it would be heading towards the second year, and I don’t know whether at this time it’s better for us just to do a big tour.”

The band has sold more than 100 million records and reformed with the classic line-up of Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, John and Christine McVie and Mick Fleetwood for a world tour, which ended in 2015.

Nicks said: “It’s every single penny we make divided by five, so the expense of making a record, which is huge, and then to get back on tour ... we are not 40.

"We have to take that into consideration — how long can we do tours that are three-hour shows? Would you rather spend a year in the studio or get back on the road? I think that the band would choose to tour.”

Nicks, who is focusing on her solo career, is also reluctant to make new music.

She said: “I don’t write as many songs any more because with the internet, the way that kids listen to music, all the streaming, and the fact that if they’re very savvy, if they want to get it and not pay for it, they can.

"It goes against the grain of our whole belief in, ‘You write a song, you record it, and you put it out there and people should buy it’.

"We realise it’s not our world any more and the younger kids don’t look at it like they’re taking from us... we don’t have the impetus to write 20 songs because we know that unless you’re under 20 you’re not going to sell many records.”

She is not involved with the new album by McVie and Buckingham, which is not a Fleetwood Mac record.
She said: “I’m sure it’s going to be great, because Christine is super-inspired. I’m really happy for them.”

On July 9, Nicks will support her old friend Tom Petty with his band The Heartbreakers at Barclaycard Presents British Summer Time in Hyde Park.

She said: “I’m the girl who always wanted to be in his band and he’s always the one who said, ‘No, no girls allowed.’ There’s just no one else I’d rather be on stage with than Tom.”

Last edited by TheWildHeart67; 01-17-2017 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: correction of text
Old 01-17-2017, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She sounds like she is all about money and she is probably the richest of them by far. She also sounds like a curmudgeon. Putting her in a very bad light.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:10 PM
Registered

i am not going to any reunion / final /oldies tour I am excited for the Mcvie and Buckingham record but if the 5 of them get together with no new music no way i will spend 5 cents

and in the time she's been Bitching about making a record they did it

Last edited by olive; 01-17-2017 at 04:14 PM..
Old 01-17-2017, 04:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She sounds like she is all about money and she is probably the richest of them by far. She also sounds like a curmudgeon. Putting her in a very bad light.
Agreed! This is some kinda sad news, and Stevie seems like she has just had it with recording altogether. hopefully she will come around..
Old 01-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to agree, I am not too happy about the comments she chose to make in this article--I still love her, but no, it would not have taken a year out of her life to add backing vocals to already completed songs and contribute 2 or 3 new ones--
Old 01-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

PS I tried editing my OP to correct the thread title,, I meant to type MCVIE--Not MOVIE LOL It will not let me correct that word :-(
Old 01-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Registered

she should keep touring , she will not sustain selling out arena unless she is packaged with someone who can fill half of it for her and FM should bring in Rick and Billy and make a kick ass record then tour with them

Last edited by olive; 01-17-2017 at 04:42 PM..
Old 01-17-2017, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
She says that Fleetwood Mac isn't going to make a record, but they did... without her input, of course. It's still FM to me.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:39 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Well... isn't it physically gruelling for them to continue to tour at their age? Why not enjoy the re-established connection with Christine in the studio? Who cares if it takes a year? So would a world tour, the only difference being the financial implications.

I find this whole lack of Stevie thing the biggest gottdamn shame. God forbid one of them keels over before we either a) get a new album or b) another tour with the 5-some. Very upsetting to think about it. The fact that Chris has returned and any of the band members would now fragment the group yet again is almost heartbreaking.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
i am not going to any reunion / final /oldies tour I am excited for the Mcvie and Buckingham record but if the 5 of them get together with no new music no way i will spend 5 cents

This is how I feel too.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

So does this mean that Stevie quit the band or what?
Old 01-17-2017, 05:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by svnwndrs View Post
So does this mean that Stevie quit the band or what?
no it means if they go out for a cash grab tour and really doesn't have to put in any effort into learning new songs ...she's going
Old 01-17-2017, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The more I think about the situation, the sadder I get. I could never hate Stevie, she is my favorite forever. However, it is sad that she seems to be stuck on this recording doesn't sell opinion. I am definitely happy that she took time to do the 24 Karat Gold Tour but i just wish she would contribute to a Fleetwood Mac album. I know Buckingham McVie will be great, but it's not the same to me without Stevie. I was thinking that her not wanting to work with Lindsey was the reason behind all this. Now this interview makes me think that it is recording in general. I guess this means no new solo album from her either. I wish something would change her mind. You can tell that tour has made her so happy, similar to the way songwriting used to as well.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will always love Stevie for that voice being there in my darkest hours but her attitude in this article is horrific. Someone who has always said that songwriting was her first love is not writing songs anymore because some 20 year old might steal it?! Just disgusting.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
The more I think about the situation, the sadder I get. I could never hate Stevie, she is my favorite forever. However, it is sad that she seems to be stuck on this recording doesn't sell opinion. I am definitely happy that she took time to do the 24 Karat Gold Tour but i just wish she would contribute to a Fleetwood Mac album. I know Buckingham McVie will be great, but it's not the same to me without Stevie. I was thinking that her not wanting to work with Lindsey was the reason behind all this. Now this interview makes me think that it is recording in general. I guess this means no new solo album from her either. I wish something would change her mind. You can tell that tour has made her so happy, similar to the way songwriting used to as well.
I love Stevie and I adore 24KG. However -- and I don't think I'm alone in this belief -- every song on that album could have been infinitely better with Fleetwood Mac. Same with IYD. I bought those albums because I love Stevie and her words... But the production on those albums leaves much to be desired. In my mind, good music is good music and I will buy it if it's good. Not even digital copies but tangible music that you can take and play and hold onto. Call me a "hipster" but I'm in the exact demographic that they keep saying they need to appeal to. And the thing that got me really hooked to begin with was Stevie appearing on American Horror Story, because while I knew of the band, that was like a little door for me to walk right through into their world. So that was a better marketing strategy for someone my age than any daytime talk show or singing contest performance.

Forget Bob Dylan -- would you say that to Beyonce or Adele right now, people who do sell whole albums because those whole albums are cohesive and creative and worth buying?? Anyone focused on just selling a single is only going to sell a single, and probably even fall short at that. IMHO streaming has replaced radio, not albums. People stream what they don't care to buy. If you love something, you'd still rather own it. I'm even a little offended that Stevie would assume anyone other than her fans would latch onto IYD or 24KG, simply because it's her singing and the lyrics are hers; you need the whole package if you want to be successful, and that is why I think a Fleetwood Mac album would do better than a Stevie solo album -- you have all of the components needed to make great art if you just put them together!

Even Stevie alone, imagine if she pulled a Beyonce and put her soul into basically a movie -- a "visual album" -- where she chose every detail with purpose, crafted a story and had an unlimited budget and creative freedom. And why couldn't she? That could literally be the Rhiannon movie we've heard so much about. She has the money and creativity to actually make that, just like Beyonce made Lemonade. But she lets herself get dragged down and live in the past instead, just like she talks about in her song Ghosts!

But back to the topic at hand...

It's clear to me that Stevie has a problem with Lindsey and a year on a new FM album equates to a year wasted because she would rather do things that make her happy in her remaining years. Fair enough.

I like how she doesn't mention Lindsey at all, but says Christine seems very inspired.

Last edited by lilyfee; 01-17-2017 at 08:08 PM..