Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
David if I didn't think you were a dude
I'd call this a cat-fight.
I wish "he"? would either ignore me, or block me. Because he? seems obsessed...
Old 05-26-2018, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I can't believe the moderators allow you to continue to post such awful vitriole. Does anyone know how to contact the moderators?
Moderators will not help. This forum is like living next door to total trailer trash.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Homer does not deserve to get banned. He's voicing what many of us feel right now. Do you expect us just to be happy with the current turn of events? I hope not because you better buckle up.
Homer rules this place. Lord of the Flies.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Homer rules this place. Lord of the Flies.
No, I don't.

But I do hope bw doesn't kill me with a rock from above.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Ugh, I've really tried to stay out of this but I'll just leave this here (not that it matters since I'm not a mod):

I agree that a newbie gushing all about Neil Finn, posting videos of his performances, and repeatedly parroting the 'official narrative' for Lindsey's dismissal in the Rumours forum seems deliberately provocative.

Normally, I'd otherwise agree that telling another member to 'shut up' crosses a line. As it stands, I'd just as soon ignore arguments between members and intend to do so moving forward.
If telling other members to "shut up" and using obscene vulgarities in reference to members of the band doesn't get someone banned from a fan forum then there's no point in having moderators.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If telling other members to "shut up" and using obscene vulgarities in reference to members of the band doesn't get someone banned from a fan forum then there's no point in having moderators.
But it’s not against forum rules to use “obscene vulgarities” about members of the band. As for telling you to shut it, you were calling for someone who has been here for like twenty years to be banned. Maybe learn the rules of this board, first.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2018, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well maybe if certain members of the band didn't behave in an obscene and vulgar way people wouldn't reference them in that way

Old 05-26-2018, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we all need a time out and group hug as a sound system plays the following Fleetwood Mac "classic" from the Time album:

Old 05-26-2018, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love 95% of you!
Old 05-26-2018, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
I think we all need a time out and group hug as a sound system plays the following Fleetwood Mac "classic" from the Time album:

In all seriousness, Mick had the best guitar solo on the album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2018, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
But it’s not against forum rules to use “obscene vulgarities” about members of the band. As for telling you to shut it, you were calling for someone who has been here for like twenty years to be banned. Maybe learn the rules of this board, first.
So using vulgarities against band members doesn't violate forum rules?

Telling members to "shut up" doesn't violates the rules?

I guess I just assumed that obscene behavior like this wouldn't be allowed.

As far as a member being on the forum for 20 years, you would think he would know better and have more respect for the integrity of this website.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Actually I just read through the forum rules and using vulgarities (just as "whore" or "shut up" or other offensive posts that I've seen this week) are not allowed.

Specifically, I found five references in the rules that forbid these obscene actions. Specifically, the forum rules forbid:

***Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language
***Any statement that defames, abuses or threatens others
***Derogatory statements that could be construed as bigoted, hateful or racially offensive
***Attacks / Retaliation of any kind. Either against a member or group of members. Doing so will result in a warning. If you continue, you WILL be banned.
***Obscene language and/or graphics

I'm a bit shocked that the moderators put up with such offensive behavior whether the person has been on this site for 20 years or 20 minutes.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a bit shocked that the moderators put up with such offensive behavior whether the person has been on this site for 20 years or 20 minutes.[/QUOTE]

You might have noticed these are not normal times around here. It seems you just joined. Are you a fan of Neil or Mike Campbell? It seems maybe that's what drew you here? There are a lot of upset long time fans of the band who are not happy with LB's firing. You might want to cop everyone a break. BTW calling Mick Fleetwood a wh$re (is that better) is hardly offensive. He is known around the rock industry as one of the biggest shysters ever. I'm surprised he hasn't started selling FM coffins like Gene Simmons.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=0&ajaxhist=0
Old 05-27-2018, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You might want to cop everyone a break. BTW calling Mick Fleetwood a wh$re (is that better) is hardly offensive.

Calling anyone a "whore" is obscene no matter who the recipient is and no matter what the circumstances are. It shouldn't be tolerated. And I've been a big FM fan for 40+ years and joined the group with all the talk about recent events.

Last edited by Sugar Mouse; 05-27-2018 at 12:58 AM..
Old 05-27-2018, 12:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

I've been around here for a few years, mainly to follow the updates and find information. From what I've seen there's always been some of this tone in the forum about this band member or that band member. But I just tend to steer clear of it.

I've said myself that it's understandable people are upset about what's happened, but there is no need for outright rude behaviour and not being able to respect different way of looking at things.

I have been on this forum longer than Sugar Mouse and he is obviously a Finn fan but he evidently has at least as much knowledge of FM as I do (certainly more than could be accumulated in short time since this turn of events) and probably more, since he's evidently followed them longer - since 70s, whereas for me it's since 90s.

A moderator has thanked him for the information he has provided about Neil Finn since joining this forum, for those interested in more about him but not quite sure where to start. He has not disrespected or shown ignorance about any other member of the group.

I'm feeling quite torn myself atm about everything, as I've been aware of Neil Finn since early 1980s as a great local talent. I know the great work he is capable of. And then I admire Lindsey Buckingham as perhaps my guitar player favourite of all time. I have great respect for them both. So it's a very difficult time for me as fan of both acts. Not totally sure how I feel - just seeing how things unfold.

Last edited by Missy; 05-27-2018 at 01:50 AM..