User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
50% of the current FM fans are AHS teens fans who are only there for witch Stevie...
True. What’s annoying is that even this mixed/critical review of the new lineup does what so many of the rave articles have done—it (largely) praises Stevie’s performances and practially ignores Fleetwood and the McVies. So even if it’s taking a different slant than the raves, the only FM members who are considered (on musical terms) are SN-LB vs. SN and LB’s replacements.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
50% of the current FM fans are AHS teens fans
Well if we needed any proof you aren't attending the current shows, there it is.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Well if we needed any proof you aren't attending the current shows, there it is.

Did I say 100%? I don't think so. I saved a place for you. Next to Stevie....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 02-24-2019 at 11:01 AM..
Old 02-24-2019, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did I say 100%? I don't think so.
No, you said 50%. And that's ridiculous.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
True. What’s annoying is that even this mixed/critical review of the new lineup does what so many of the rave articles have done—it (largely) praises Stevie’s performances and practially ignores Fleetwood and the McVies. So even if it’s taking a different slant than the raves, the only FM members who are considered (on musical terms) are SN-LB vs. SN and LB’s replacements.
That’s because it’s all about praising Stevie now.

Under other circumstances I’d feel sorry for the rest of the band. Now, I simply don’t care. I’m sure they don’t care either. They took the money and looked the other way.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-24-2019, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kristen Buckingham posted a link to this review on her twitter.

i hope the reviewer (who i'm sure is getting tons of hate from blind stans) is gratified to know he did lots of good with his writeup. adding to LB's healing process.

one sad person even decided to jump on LB's wife for liking the review stating the facts about her husband, and KB was extremely gracious to respond to the troll. making it very clear in the process how much the stress of the last year and continuing FM PR throwing shade at LB and his importance in FM legacy every step of the way have contributed to where he is right now.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-24-2019, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's kind of a shame that she can't go her own way. I don't understand why she lets the negativity of FM into her life. It just goes to show that money can't buy happiness.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Kristen Buckingham posted a link to this review on her twitter.

i hope the reviewer (who i'm sure is getting tons of hate from blind stans) is gratified to know he did lots of good with his writeup. adding to LB's healing process.

one sad person even decided to jump on LB's wife for liking the review stating the facts about her husband, and KB was extremely gracious to respond to the troll. making it very clear in the process how much the stress of the last year and continuing FM PR throwing shade at LB and his importance in FM legacy every step of the way have contributed to where he is right now.

Great answer! What was she supposed to do? Stay quiet to not upset Stevie's fans? She has every right to defend herself and her family.

It's a good thing they all have each other in this time of distress. It's good to have a family and real friends that support you when things go bad.

Awards and money mean nothing now.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
I don't understand why she lets the negativity of FM into her life.
The negativity of FM kicked in the front door and barged in.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
She can afford pretty strong locks.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
straight through Lindsey's heart. glad he has such fierce eloquent loving woman by his side.

FM should really stop diminishing his life's work. they've done enough damage. aren't their tickets supposedly selling ok? if so, there's no more excuses for what they've been doing. time to stop with all the garbage! it's way past time for them to finally take the positive turn.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-24-2019, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
FM should really stop diminishing his life's work. they've done enough damage. aren't their tickets supposedly selling ok? if so, there's no more excuses for what they've been doing. time to stop with all the garbage! it's way past time for them to finally take the positive turn.
What are you expecting them to do?
Old 02-24-2019, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
What are you expecting them to do?
Pay homage to him, the way they would Peter Green, or Bob Welch.... wait, they're pretty much shameless scum, any way you look at them.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Still, it was in poor taste that the band made a point to sing the praises of former contributors like Green when introducing these dives into its back catalog, while never once giving a nod to Buckingham when playing his songs. Given the fact that the former guitarist underwent emergency open heart surgery earlier this month that may have permanently damaged his vocal cords, the omission felt particularly glaring.

Fleetwood Mac is a different band following Buckingham’s exit. And until it takes full ownership of that fact, it’ll never be more than a serviceable imitation of its former self.
All this! So much!!!!

I'm sure they're not happy with this article. It just shows who they all are today.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Pay homage to him, the way they would Peter Green, or Bob Welch.... wait, they're pretty much shameless scum, any way you look at them.
haha, let's not be delusional now.

good first step would be to stop with regurgitated PR garbage with exact same verbiage so obviously sent out by band's marketing to be pasted into every review.

this was my tweet, soon after his heart attack / emergency open hear surgery -