The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked this album. I am not fussy on all the tracks ( Lay Down For Free, Carnival Begin don't do it for me) but overall it is a good 4 star record. I saw the tour in Toronto.

I liked the setlist overall but would have dropped the Lindsey solo songs in favour of either performing the two songs they didn't do from the album or doing a couple of more FM songs ( Perhaps Never Make Me Cry and Can't Go Back or Isn't it Midnight and Walk A Thin Line).

Sadly the Toronto show was so poorly attended that people on the lawn were brought up to fill in the empty seats.

I believe the reasons SN didn't participate were because 1) She has nothing new to offer and likely would have had to mine her collection of demos. Nothing wrong with that but maybe she didn't think she had anything worthy? Who knows. 2) Plus her comments about records don't sell anymore and not worth all the studio time and or money. I forget the exact quote.

What still kills me to this day is after they fired Lindsey soem of my former Facebook friends went on and on posting on Facebook saying the haters were trashing their band and not giving them a chance while at the same time trashing this very album. I truly will never get why so many **** on any lineup of FM or project featuring members of FM that doesn't include SN. She is not the SOLE reason to see FM or buy an album featuring FM members.

One of them went on a rant about the Buckingham McVie project. My thought was then why did you support the 2018 -2019 tour? They all played on and or toured the album so by supporting the tour are you not in essence supporting the band that worked with the guy you hated so much.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I believe the reasons SN didn't participate were because 1) She has nothing new to offer and likely would have had to mine her collection of demos. Nothing wrong with that but maybe she didn't think she had anything worthy? Who knows. 2) Plus her comments about records don't sell anymore and not worth all the studio time and or money. I forget the exact quote.
While she's stated the latter, and that's likely part of it, I think the reason why she wouldn't do an album is she just doesn't want to work with Buckingham anymore. At the time that only extended to studio work, not touring, but that changed.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
While she's stated the latter, and that's likely part of it, I think the reason why she wouldn't do an album is she just doesn't want to work with Buckingham anymore. At the time that only extended to studio work, not touring, but that changed.
yup. when they kinda separated paths. because not making records anymore.

"What we did do when we were angry with each other, we wouldn’t talk to each other very much. But when we went out in the studio to do our parts or to come up with an idea or something, we were incredibly focused. And that was, you know, we did a lot of drugs and we were still incredibly focused. As the years went by, if we’re talking about how long that went on, that went on up until two years ago when we kind of separated paths – and I really do say Lindsey and I have separated paths. That was like, forty years, if you can even imagine. You’re not even forty yet. It’s like, forty years. We went through that, and so it’s like, they say real love never dies and I don’t think that real love does ever die, but I do think that real love can reach a place where it just can’t go on anymore. And I’m really glad that it didn’t reach that place until we had pretty much… Music had changed so much by the time it got to be two years ago, that we weren’t really making records anymore anyway. So it’s like we got everything we needed to do in that space between 1975, ​’till when we kind of broke up the original Fleetwood Mac"

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-13-2020, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love this album so much. It's hard to say if it's a FM album, because four of the five members of the Rumours line-up are on it.
The name says it all, even when it had lot of FM members inside. But the sound, is definitely the band's sound, even when there's no SN work on it.

Back to the songs, I really love them all. Sleeping Around The Corner, In My World and On With The Show are my favourites, but Too Far Gone, Lay Down For Free and Carnival Begin are really really great. I love when Christine rocks, and her closing track is wonderful. She had the mission to close other FM albums and didn't fail.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I love this album so much. It's hard to say if it's a FM album, because four of the five members of the Rumours line-up are on it.
The name says it all, even when it had lot of FM members inside. But the sound, is definitely the band's sound, even when there's no SN work on it.

Back to the songs, I really love them all. Sleeping Around The Corner, In My World and On With The Show are my favourites, but Too Far Gone, Lay Down For Free and Carnival Begin are really really great. I love when Christine rocks, and her closing track is wonderful. She had the mission to close other FM albums and didn't fail.
i love all songs except In My World and Game of Pretend. and this is one of those albums i can easily listen all the way through, there are no jarring songs that you have to skip on this album.

yes, it may be very middle of the road Fleetwood Mac-y, but it is also nice and warm.

loved it then and still love it now.

i really hope for their sake that Chris and Lindsey still talk sometime, and for Chris' sake maybe do something together still. poison and toxicity of others in the band shouldn't prevail.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-13-2020, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
It’s absolutely a Fleetwood Mac album. If the new lineup makes an album, LBCM will be sandwiched between that and SYW in my collection.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-13-2020, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i really hope for their sake that Chris and Lindsey still talk sometime, and for Chris' sake maybe do something together still. poison and toxicity of others in the band shouldn't prevail.
Definitely!! Amen with that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It’s absolutely a Fleetwood Mac album. If the new lineup makes an album, LBCM will be sandwiched between that and SYW in my collection.
Thinking about it, I would say YES, it is...it's not just a solo album which involved other band members. It's an album of TWO members, that involved another two more members. So...if it's something new in the future, I'll count this one.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
If you blindfolded me, I'd guess FMac. No doubt.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd say so too, even if technically (officially) not one.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup. when they kinda separated paths. because not making records anymore.

"What we did do when we were angry with each other, we wouldn’t talk to each other very much. But when we went out in the studio to do our parts or to come up with an idea or something, we were incredibly focused. And that was, you know, we did a lot of drugs and we were still incredibly focused. As the years went by, if we’re talking about how long that went on, that went on up until two years ago when we kind of separated paths – and I really do say Lindsey and I have separated paths. That was like, forty years, if you can even imagine. You’re not even forty yet. It’s like, forty years. We went through that, and so it’s like, they say real love never dies and I don’t think that real love does ever die, but I do think that real love can reach a place where it just can’t go on anymore. And I’m really glad that it didn’t reach that place until we had pretty much… Music had changed so much by the time it got to be two years ago, that we weren’t really making records anymore anyway. So it’s like we got everything we needed to do in that space between 1975, ​’till when we kind of broke up the original Fleetwood Mac"
where and when is that quote from?
Old 05-18-2020, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
where and when is that quote from?
https://theface.com/audio/matty-heal...-fleetwood-mac

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-18-2020, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m really glad that it didn’t reach that place until we had pretty much… Music had changed so much by the time it got to be two years ago, that we weren’t really making records anymore anyway. So it’s like we got everything we needed to do in that space between 1975, ​’till when we kind of broke up the original Fleetwood Mac"

Wow. That says it all really, doesn't it? She was willing to finally push him out after she felt like there wasn't any more she could get (gain) from working with him.

I love how she says "we" weren't making records anymore anyway. Uh, well, the rest of your band was, and did. But perhaps after BuckVie she said, right, don't ever expect me to make another album with y'all again now....

And so, she could easily have looked at The Eagles and boy Glen was dead but they sure were touring and making lots of bucks anyway with a replacement, and lots of other bands too..... so as long as they didn't need LB for records, it had become the perfect time for her to cash in all her anger or whatever.

And by the way, Stevie, the Rumours 5 is NOT the "original" FM.

I also love how she debunks again that it was anyone's idea but hers to go to rehab the first time, though she tells it now that there WAS indeed an intervention for which she fired managers etc BUT she had already decided to go to rehab before the intervention and had made her reservation at Betty Ford etc. For YEARS she denied there was ANY intervention of any kind. Spin, pivot, spin.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I’m really glad that it didn’t reach that place until we had pretty much… Music had changed so much by the time it got to be two years ago, that we weren’t really making records anymore anyway. So it’s like we got everything we needed to do in that space between 1975, ​’till when we kind of broke up the original Fleetwood Mac"

Wow. That says it all really, doesn't it? She was willing to finally push him out after she felt like there wasn't any more she could get (gain) from working with him.

I love how she says "we" weren't making records anymore anyway. Uh, well, the rest of your band was, and did. But perhaps after BuckVie she said, right, don't ever expect me to make another album with y'all again now....

And so, she could easily have looked at The Eagles and boy Glen was dead but they sure were touring and making lots of bucks anyway with a replacement, and lots of other bands too..... so as long as they didn't need LB for records, it had become the perfect time for her to cash in all her anger or whatever.

And by the way, Stevie, the Rumours 5 is NOT the "original" FM.

I also love how she debunks again that it was anyone's idea but hers to go to rehab the first time, though she tells it now that there WAS indeed an intervention for which she fired managers etc BUT she had already decided to go to rehab before the intervention and had made her reservation at Betty Ford etc. For YEARS she denied there was ANY intervention of any kind. Spin, pivot, spin.
The part that got me is the way she talks about recording Tango. I read it as her saying she went to rehab and then they worked on the album. Which isn't true since we all know that they were already working on the album. There is one thing I have always wondered though. When was the RAL record actually finshed? I ask because I often wondered how much if any overlap they had in terms of recording Tango and her recording RAL.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
The part that got me is the way she talks about recording Tango. I read it as her saying she went to rehab and then they worked on the album. Which isn't true since we all know that they were already working on the album. There is one thing I have always wondered though. When was the RAL record actually finshed? I ask because I often wondered how much if any overlap they had in terms of recording Tango and her recording RAL.
Doubtful. RAL was released in November, 1985. Tango started in November, 1985. Albums are usually finished months ahead of release. Not always, as noted by “Heroes Are Hard To Find.” Then again, Stevie wasn’t in the legal fight of her life with RAL.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-19-2020, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

i had to laugh how she kinda made sure to have kept this shipper hope alive. there were these excited posts after that interview, going - see, i knew they were still together all the way through 2 years ago! it was just a lovers spat!
meanwhile, she had Mick doing all the dirty work in interviews about her Lindsey ouster while she's being all "pure" and talking about true love never dying but heh, it was finally time to go separate ways.