Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked this album. I am not fussy on all the tracks ( Lay Down For Free, Carnival Begin don't do it for me) but overall it is a good 4 star record. I saw the tour in Toronto.

I liked the setlist overall but would have dropped the Lindsey solo songs in favour of either performing the two songs they didn't do from the album or doing a couple of more FM songs ( Perhaps Never Make Me Cry and Can't Go Back or Isn't it Midnight and Walk A Thin Line).

Sadly the Toronto show was so poorly attended that people on the lawn were brought up to fill in the empty seats.

I believe the reasons SN didn't participate were because 1) She has nothing new to offer and likely would have had to mine her collection of demos. Nothing wrong with that but maybe she didn't think she had anything worthy? Who knows. 2) Plus her comments about records don't sell anymore and not worth all the studio time and or money. I forget the exact quote.

What still kills me to this day is after they fired Lindsey soem of my former Facebook friends went on and on posting on Facebook saying the haters were trashing their band and not giving them a chance while at the same time trashing this very album. I truly will never get why so many **** on any lineup of FM or project featuring members of FM that doesn't include SN. She is not the SOLE reason to see FM or buy an album featuring FM members.

One of them went on a rant about the Buckingham McVie project. My thought was then why did you support the 2018 -2019 tour? They all played on and or toured the album so by supporting the tour are you not in essence supporting the band that worked with the guy you hated so much.