Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2020, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
People who own every deluxe version and every bootleg of FM recordings are outliers. I don't want to hear the standard versions of FM songs or any other artists songs that I've already heard a million times. I would rather hear alternate or live versions.

The last time this station was on, Christine said that she like Don Henley's "Boys of Summer". That caught me by surprise. With the exception of Joe Walsh, I've always thought of the Eagles as a one song band. After Christine's comment, I familiarized myself with Don Henley's recordings. I found out that Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, et al., did a version or "The End of the Innocence" which I absolutely love. I still think of the Eagles as a one song band.

When I was in High School, in the 70's, I could listen to a local FM station, for hours every night, without recognizing one single song. With Sirius' resources, it should be possible to avoid playing the standard versions of FM songs and especially other artists songs. I love the Rolling Stones, but I could easily go the rest of my life without hearing "I Can't Get No Satisfaciton" again.
I am no huge fan of this channel. However the channel is more for the casual fan. Unfortunately that is the way that it is just like Fleetwood Mac's set list in concert.
Its not for us.
I did get a kick out of hearing Station Man on the actual radio. That was cool.