Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
In an interview with Lindsey, he said that Stevie was the one who got upset when Sheryl started floating the idea in the media. He even said Stevie's friendship with Sheryl cooled for a while. This interview was collected in the book Fleetwood Mac on Fleetwood Mac by Sean Egan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lindsey is on the record opposing this from the beginning. He did interviews where he openly objected to this. He even mocked the idea what her role would be... to do Christine songs?
Stevie was best friends with Sheryl. I think you have the story mixed up. It was Lindsey who heard about it in the media and got pissed and shot it down immediately.
Nice try
If I remember well I've read that Stevie would have been happy if Sheryl had joined FM, what she (and all of FM for that matter) wasn't very happy with was the fact that Sheryl immediately shared the story with the media before it was actually decided if she would enter or not.
Perhaps that was the bad blood Sheryl was referring to, she must have got a glimpse of what FM internal strives are like then.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-19-2017 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: Consecutio temporum
Old 04-19-2017, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's issue was anybody other than Chris singing Chris's songs... he felt it became, in his words, "lounge-y" i.e. like a cover band even though the other 4 people onstage had in fact played on the original songs. He was never a supporter of doing the Queen, Journey, Van Halen et al thing of replacing a singer and having he new person sing on the old hits. So no matter who it was or how they'd do it, to him it would be second-class.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In an interview with Lindsey, he said that Stevie was the one who got upset when Sheryl started floating the idea in the media. He even said Stevie's friendship with Sheryl cooled for a while. This interview was collected in the book Fleetwood Mac on Fleetwood Mac by Sean Egan.
this was because Sheryl wasn't following the rules. Fleetwood Mac has a story they want told about things, and there's a hierarchy in the band... I think Stevie didn't like Sheryl not deferring to the wishes of the more "senior" band members wishes on how to roll the whole idea out. And I'm sure Stevie knows that they'd have to handle it in a way that didn't go contrary to Lindsey's wished. Sheryl opened a can of worms by talking about it before the band had come to consensus about how to frame it, how to spin how this wasn't a lounge act thing to do etc.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's obvious they didn't want to make the band the Sheryl Crow.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey is on the record opposing this from the beginning. He did interviews where he openly objected to this. He even mocked the idea what her role would be... to do Christine songs?
Stevie was best friends with Sheryl. I think you have the story mixed up. It was Lindsey who heard about it in the media and got pissed and shot it down immediately. It was Stevie that offered it to Sheryl without consulting the rest of the band. Then it hit the media and Lindsey responded in the media.
Nice try
Thank you. I'm guessing you haven't read the book Fleetwood Mac on Fleetwood Mac, which reprints the interview with Lindsey Buckingham in which he made those comments about Sheryl and Stevie.

That doesn't negate anything you said Lindsey said, btw. Both stories can be equally true.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you. I'm guessing you haven't read the book Fleetwood Mac on Fleetwood Mac, which reprints the interview with Lindsey Buckingham in which he made those comments about Sheryl and Stevie.

That doesn't negate anything you said Lindsey said, btw. Both stories can be equally true.
i'm agreeing with bwboy, for once - what's the world coming to?!?!?!

i've seen Sheryl live btw, and esd extremely pleasantly surprised - she is a great and dynamic performer, who can actually add to FM if they ever decided to go that way. i think it's actually pretty cool and brave of her to not mind just putting it out there that she'd still love to join the band, whether or not they are interested.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

i've seen Sheryl live btw, and esd extremely pleasantly surprised - she is a great and dynamic performer, who can actually add to FM if they ever decided to go that way. i think it's actually pretty cool and brave of her to not mind just putting it out there that she'd still love to join the band, whether or not they are interested.
Lol! It's enough to make Murrow Turn Over in His Grave!

Btw, in the April 21 issue of Entertainment Weekly, Sheryl says her next album will be a collaborative effort- "I called Keith Richards... I called Stevie Nicks and Don Henley, Willie Nelson and Emmylou Harris." So clearly, Stevie and Sheryl have made up completely.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lol! It's enough to make Murrow Turn Over in His Grave!

Btw, in the April 21 issue of Entertainment Weekly, Sheryl says her next album will be a collaborative effort- "I called Keith Richards... I called Stevie Nicks and Don Henley, Willie Nelson and Emmylou Harris." So clearly, Stevie and Sheryl have made up completely.
Keith, Willie and Emmylou sound promising. but argh, then she took a turn for the worse - Stevie and Henley just ruin it for me.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-19-2017, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Her new single reeks. She needs a career boost.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

one of the board rules is that you are not allowed to agree w/ bwboy. Gonna have to ban you. Bye felisha!
Old 04-20-2017, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
one of the board rules is that you are not allowed to agree w/ bwboy. Gonna have to ban you. Bye felisha!
That's it, jbrown, I'm reporting you to the moderator!

Oh wait, never mind Lol!
Old 04-20-2017, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

IMHO common sense tells you the real story. And its exactly how I remember it when it happened. I totally believe Stevie is going to side with her best friend and not turn on her best friend for Lindsey Buckingham. In those days Sheryl and Stevie were so close and two peas in a pod. Do you really think she is going to side with Lindsey and scold Sheryl for something she asked Sheryl something she wanted to do.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
IMHO common sense tells you the real story. And its exactly how I remember it when it happened. I totally believe Stevie is going to side with her best friend and not turn on her best friend for Lindsey Buckingham. In those days Sheryl and Stevie were so close and two peas in a pod. Do you really think she is going to side with Lindsey and scold Sheryl for something she asked Sheryl something she wanted to do.
Yep, it was about power. There were Rumours of bringing in Pete Townsend in the 80's.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yep, it was about power. There were Rumours of bringing in Pete Townsend in the 80's.
How about Don Henley talking about merging the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac in the mid 80's. Don Henley was on the cover of Musician Magazine or Drummer Magazine shortly after Building the Perfect Beast came out. He was raving about Lindsey Buckingham who played on his solo album. He said the two had talked and it would be so cool to merge both bands into some creation or something like that.
It was probably all the cocaine talking but I am sure that magazine article can be found. It was 1985.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How about Don Henley talking about merging the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac in the mid 80's. Don Henley was on the cover of Musician Magazine or Drummer Magazine shortly after Building the Perfect Beast came out. He was raving about Lindsey Buckingham who played on his solo album. He said the two had talked and it would be so cool to merge both bands into some creation or something like that.
It was probably all the cocaine talking but I am sure that magazine article can be found. It was 1985.
If it was Musician, I have it somewhere. I subscribed to it for YEARS, until they went belly up, and have almost every issue, stored in boxes....somewhere!!!