User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Until about 40, I felt like I was missing something. Now I feel like I dodged machine gun fire!

It is good. Although semi-social is about all I can handle. Full blown social is too much.
Nah, I still would love to have at least one. So I can teach them to hate Stevie!

Full blown social takes a lot of time. No, thank you!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=HomerMcvie;1209017]I can't imagine trying to raise 3 kids. I'm 48, became debt free 3 years ago(paid off 8 rental properties and my house), bought a vacation home in Nashville, and only work about 4-5 days a month now.

Wow! That is amazing! Bravo to you, paying off all those mortgages. Now you have me wondering what line of work you are in, though I suppose it is more about discipline than income and most of us are not that strong. Good for you.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Feather Blade;1209025]
Quote:
I can't imagine trying to raise 3 kids. I'm 48, became debt free 3 years ago(paid off 8 rental properties and my house), bought a vacation home in Nashville, and only work about 4-5 days a month now.

Wow! That is amazing! Bravo to you, paying off all those mortgages. Now you have me wondering what line of work you are in, though I suppose it is more about discipline than income and most of us are not that strong. Good for you.
Thank you. It is all about discipline. I was on 30 year mortgages, and doing pretty well. While on the phone with the mortgage company about insurance(this is back when rates were about 7%), as I was hanging up, they asked if I'd be interested in refinancing, at 4.5%(on a 15 year mortgage). I said, "I don't think so". She said, "if you want to do a 10 year mortgage(refinancing all of them), that she could do 4%. I did the math, and it was going to save me 80K, not to mention being debt free in 10 years! I did it, and about 5 of those years were very hard getting by, but I hung in there(paying $4400/month) and made it! Never late on a payment, either!(although I knew that the 9th was the latest day of the month that I could mail it, and it clear in time) I had two months of payments in the bank, that I refused to touch, come hell or high water, NO MATTER WHAT. Because if it all hit the skids, I had two months to figure out how to fix it. And I only had to dip into it one time...
Old 05-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I must be your twin. I have a 15 year mortgage which my banker talked me into...so glad I did it. Still have about 6 years to go though. I'm pretty much happy with my dog these days though I do socialize sometimes. But I lost my last dog at 3 and thought I would never get another. This time when he goes that will be the last. Too painful!!!
Old 05-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I must be your twin. I have a 15 year mortgage which my banker talked me into...so glad I did it. Still have about 6 years to go though. I'm pretty much happy with my dog these days though I do socialize sometimes. But I lost my last dog at 3 and thought I would never get another. This time when he goes that will be the last. Too painful!!!
Some people just don't know how to manage their money. It's so easy. Live on 2/3 of what you make, and save the rest! Need a brand new car every year, and an I-phone, and doing everything first class? You might never retire. Pick your battles, and set money aside EVERY paycheck.

My last one...I had him while my Mom(I'm an only child) was dying of cancer. When she passed, he literally felt like ALL I had in this world. Then a year after she passed, he was diagnosed with cancer, too. It meant nothing coughing up 15K over two years, trying to save him(this is while I was paying off the astronomical mortgages), even though I was strapped trying to do it(got rid of cable, and went to the cheapest cell plan there was, cut every corner that was possible), but managed to pay it off over a couple years. He was the best. Simply the best. And I knew I could never replace him, and decided to never try. His ashes are in my safe, and to be combined with mine when I go...

And slowly I came out of my hermit shell, and became more of a social person.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some people just don't know how to manage their money. It's so easy. Live on 2/3 of what you make, and save the rest! Need a brand new car every year, and an I-phone, and doing everything first class? You might never retire. Pick your battles, and set money aside EVERY paycheck.

My last one...I had him while my Mom(I'm an only child) was dying of cancer. When she passed, he literally felt like ALL I had in this world. Then a year after she passed, he was diagnosed with cancer, too. It meant nothing coughing up 15K over two years, trying to save him(this is while I was paying off the astronomical mortgages), even though I was strapped trying to do it(got rid of cable, and went to the cheapest cell plan there was, cut every corner that was possible), but managed to pay it off over a couple years. He was the best. Simply the best. And I knew I could never replace him, and decided to never try. His ashes are in my safe, and to be combined with mine when I go...

And slowly I came out of my hermit shell, and became more of a social person.
It's like we were separate at birth! I'm saving and saving and saving. I already told my boss I will retire before mandatory age, so he better start looking for my replacement in a couple of years!

Never matter the amount of money you're spending when you're doing it for the ones you love. Family, friends, pets. It's so worth it! You did a great thing there.

We love you for being semi-social.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
It's like we were separate at birth! I'm saving and saving and saving. I already told my boss I will retire before mandatory age, so he better start looking for my replacement in a couple of years!

Never matter the amount of money you're spending when you're doing it for the ones you love. Family, friends, pets. It's so worth it! You did a great thing there.

We love you for being semi-social.
Yeah, as good as I(we) am/are at saving, money only buys safety and distraction. Never to be confused with happiness. But safety and distraction are better than possessing none of the three. lol

Thanks. I'm certainly glad that you found and joined The Ledge.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If this is the next release, I think we will get a fourth before the album comes out.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
If this is the next release, I think we will get a fourth before the album comes out.
I'm thinking the opposite, that this 3rd will be the last before the official lp release. ....but still, that's 3 to juggle till release day
Old 05-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Where's all of the press for this album!? did they put a gag order on Lindsey or what? It's oddly quiet these days in terms of album press/promotion.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Where's all of the press for this album!? did they put a gag order on Lindsey or what? It's oddly quiet these days in terms of album press/promotion.
Isn't that weird?!!

I'm impressed at the "sophisticated" or at least "current" approach to rolling out the album, with teaser tracks being available with album pre-orders in the weeks ahead.

That's why I think we may get as many as four or five (the Tegan & Sara hit album had 5/10 tracks teaser released before the full album).

It's a good strategy because it sucks in impulse buyers who need immediate gratification with their pre-order--and doesn't give them time to forget to buy it when it actually comes out.

And these releases have been generating press in the blogosphere.

But I agree it's weird that Lindsey isn't prominent in the publicity--since they've all been his songs.

(This isn't a Mac album; it's a Lindsey solo album with guest Christine McVie!)

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 05-09-2017 at 10:12 AM..
Old 05-09-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Isn't that weird?!!

I'm impressed at the "sophisticated" or at least "current" approach to rolling out the album, with teaser tracks being available with album pre-orders in the weeks ahead.

That's why I think we may get as many as four or five (the Tegan & Sara hit album had 5/10 tracks teaser released before the full album).

It's a good strategy because it sucks in impulse buyers who need immediate gratification with their pre-order--and doesn't give them time to forget to buy it when it actually comes out.

And these releases have been generating press in the blogosphere.

But I agree it's weird that Lindsey isn't prominent in the publicity--since they've all been his songs.

Hmmm.. How do you figure? She's written her own songs and they've co-written a few. Unless you're saying that she had no say in any of the comps.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hmmm.. How do you figure? She's written her own songs and they've co-written a few. Unless you're saying that she had no say in any of the comps.
i don't get it either, and i also feel that's belittling Christine's role on this album. is Tango then Lindsey solo album with guest Christine Mcvie? is SYW Lindsey solo album with guest Stevie Nicks?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't get it either, and i also feel that's belittling Christine's role on this album. is Tango then Lindsey solo album with guest Christine Mcvie? is SYW Lindsey solo album with guest Stevie Nicks?
It was a joke ... about the fact that all of the released songs have been Lindsey songs or Lindsey co-writes but ironically no Lindsey publicity.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 05-09-2017 at 11:43 AM..
Old 05-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Ledgie

He's probably going to quit the duo the night before the tour begins. That's probably why he hasn't done any of the press rounds.