User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
14 songs by Fleetwood Mac?!? 14 songs?!? When would they play songs from their new album? Besides, they keep saying "this isn't Fleetwood Mac," so they won't sing that many FM songs. I say 8 tops, and if people really think otherwise, you're in for a world of disappointment.
Eh, we'll see but at the same time, an official Live Nation radio spot that literally states outright to expect a lot of Mac tunes doesn't exactly bode well considering their managements must know about the spot and what is said on it which means they probably OK'd it. But then again, I am clueless on how all that works in the first place so I'm just going by what was said.

However, if there isn't a lot of Mac tunes and a lot more surprises, I'd be more than content with that as well.

If you want to get super picky and technical, I guess the list could be re-worked into something more optimistic of surprises;

Practically Guaranteed
In My World
Big Love
Second Hand News
Tusk
I'm So Afraid
Go Your Own Way
You Make Loving Fun
Say You Love Me
Hold Me (somehow forgot this on my first list)
Don't Stop
Songbird

Incredibly Likely
Never Going Back Again
Everywhere
Little Lies
Eyes Of The World
Got A Hold On Me
Trouble or Go Insane (doubt both)

Strong Possibilities
Over My Head
Bleed To Love Her
Love In Store
Isn't It Midnight
Oh Daddy
Brown Eyes
Spare Me A Little
Save Me A Place

Last edited by KenshiMaster16; 04-16-2017 at 09:24 PM..
Old 04-16-2017, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love it if they avoided most of the FM catalogue and focused on material from the new record and more recent solo outings.

There are a handful of songs from In the Meantime that I hope get played. Wouldn't "Calumny," "Forgiveness" and the acoustic version of "Friend" be heaven?

I'd love to hear a few songs from LB's last four albums, too.

The rest could be material from the joint effort, and encores from the FM playlist.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I would love it if they avoided most of the FM catalogue and focused on material from the new record and more recent solo outings.

There are a handful of songs from In the Meantime that I hope get played. Wouldn't "Calumny," "Forgiveness" and the acoustic version of "Friend" be heaven?

I'd love to hear a few songs from LB's last four albums, too.

The rest could be material from the joint effort, and encores from the FM playlist.
I agree and I bet that is what we get. Lindsey plays I'm so afraid at every Mac show. Next year's big world tour he can play it again. This tour is special. I also don't think they will play world turning either. Its for Mac tours. Give us something new and exciting that we wont get to hear during Mac concerts. We will definitely get Hold Me since that is not a standard at Mac shows.
If I hear: Isnt it midnight, Hold me, plus one vintage song like Why, plus the smile I live for....I will die happy.
I just don't see these 2 loading up all the Mac standards since their big tour will be here before you know it.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I really, really, really hope "Think About Me" makes the cut.
Same here. And since it's the 30th anniversary I'd love if they did Tango in the Night and Isn't It Midnight.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Same here. And since it's the 30th anniversary I'd love if they did Tango in the Night and Isn't It Midnight.
Couldn't agree more even if I tried.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Couldn't agree more even if I tried.
I would die if they did both of those tunes. And they had an extended jam.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They ought to start the show with a pair of famous blockbuster FM rockers to get the crowd going. I'd like "Say You Love Me" and "Go Your Own Way."

The new album only has ten songs, so they can then proceed to play it in its entirety.

Following that, they can play eight songs drawing from Lindsey's solo catalog and from Christine's solo catalog and "Bob Welch era" FM. For the Christine songs, my wishlist includes "Get Like You Used To Be," "Just Crazy Love," "One in a Million," "You Are," and "Calumny." (<-- random impossible fantasizing)

Then they can play a 3 song encore of more known FM songs, maybe "Tusk," "Isn't It Midnight," and "Songbird."
Old 04-23-2017, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would like to hear Gotta Hold On Me as well.

Michele
Old 04-24-2017, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This will be a hits show I am afraid. They need to sell tickets so I am certain that the FM songs that have been way over played will be in the setlist. Because they had some songs that were like duets between them in FM (Think About Me, Hold Me Isn't It Midnight etc) Those could make the cut. I will be surprised if Big Love, ISA, GYOW, DS, SYLM, YMLF, SHN, NGBA Tusk etc are not in the setlist. I would rather hear deep cuts or more new songs but given their history I am not holding out hope.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You had me at Why!
I can't wait to see this show in July!

I'd like to see them work in Think About Me. I think Chain is out since it's only the two of them and I think Chris wouldn't want to use the upper range of her voice for Spare Me a Little of Your Love--it might be too high for her to be comfortable singing each night on the tour. Why would be wonderful and I'd love to hear them finish the show with Never Forget Tonight.

Maybe Lindsey could play an Everly Brothers tune and Chris could play a Fats Domino song (Blue Monday) as a nod to their early influences...

Wish You Were Here would be beautiful, but I fear it may confuse the audience--thinking it's Silver Springs (The Dance version).
Old 05-23-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
I can't wait to see this show in July!

I'd like to see them work in Think About Me. I think Chain is out since it's only the two of them and I think Chris wouldn't want to use the upper range of her voice for Spare Me a Little of Your Love--it might be too high for her to be comfortable singing each night on the tour. Why would be wonderful and I'd love to hear them finish the show with Never Forget Tonight.

Maybe Lindsey could play an Everly Brothers tune and Chris could play a Fats Domino song (Blue Monday) as a nod to their early influences...

Wish You Were Here would be beautiful, but I fear it may confuse the audience--thinking it's Silver Springs (The Dance version).
I would die if she sang this... happily...
Old 05-23-2017, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It will probably be about as much a mix of new songs and Mac classics and solo standards as a typical Lindsey setlist.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd guess at least four new songs.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A great set would be.......

4 to 5 new songs from the new album and.....in no order.

World Turning
Don't Stop
Think About Me
That's All For Everyone
Shadow Of The West
Trouble
Got A Hold On Me
Who's Dreaming This Dream
Hold Me
Eyes Of The World
Isn't it Midnight
Mystfied
Steal Your Heart Away.

Last edited by BLY; 05-24-2017 at 05:19 AM..
Old 05-24-2017, 03:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just so long as this is filmed or at least recorded for release, I don't really mind what they play, especially as there's no real chance of this show coming to the UK!