The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie looks and sounds ten years younger than when I saw FM in December last year!!! She looked so happy and sounded amazing here, and just goes to show what having fun can do to your state of mind.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
That was a bit messy. They all messed up a few times, I think they needed a few more rehearsals.

I can't believe she took out the mike though, lol!
It was definitely messy, but a total breath of fresh air. Fleetwood Mac's shows since The Dance are rehearsed to the point of being completely scripted, robotic, and utterly disingenuous. Here she was loose, and visibly having fun. To me, this is the Stevie that has been wanting to leap out for the past 20 years. I will be the first to say I think Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters are thoroughly "meh," but what he brings out of Stevie is remarkable. He seems to be the only person who can make 21st century Stevie feel comfortable in her own skin. Comfortable enough to let her guard down, try new things, get loose, and have some fun. Forget Dave Stewart- Grohl is who Stevie needs to consult with on a new FM album.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Am I the only one who wishes Stevie would give up the 6 inch heeled boots? This video was cool and everything, and I LOVE that she took the mic off the stand and attempted to rock out down the catwalk...

...but she just wobbles like a 95 year old woman in those heels. It's like she brings them out on special occasions because they are apart of her "trademark" look, but she's always so unsure of herself in them. Walks too slow. Appears so stiff.

When she's in her Reeboks and other shoes (like on this past tour), she is so confident. She's still careful but the stride in her walk and her dance moves are so smooth and natural and no so calculated.

The platform boots have got to go! It's time!
Old 09-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Am I the only one who wishes Stevie would give up the 6 inch heeled boots? This video was cool and everything, and I LOVE that she took the mic off the stand and attempted to rock out down the catwalk...

...but she just wobbles like a 95 year old woman in those heels. It's like she brings them out on special occasions because they are apart of her "trademark" look, but she's always so unsure of herself in them. Walks too slow. Appears so stiff.

When she's in her Reeboks and other shoes (like on this past tour), she is so confident. She's still careful but the stride in her walk and her dance moves are so smooth and natural and no so calculated.

The platform boots have got to go! It's time!
I totally agree she needs to find something that is comfortable and looks decent because she cant walk in those boots at all. Her walk down the catwalk was so slow and it looked like she was just focusing too much on making it down there and back. Its no wonder she doesnt move around much anymore its like she has lead in her shoes!
Old 09-22-2015, 02:40 PM

I love seeing that the knee-high boots are back, the ankle boots make her appear shorter. I'd prefer that the heels were lower but the knee cut is impeccable on her legs.

P.S. Fantastic rendition of Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, I hadn't seen one so good since her last time she did it with Tom.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 09-22-2015 at 02:47 PM..
Old 09-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

P.S. Fantastic rendition of Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, I hadn't seen one so good since her last time she did it with Tom.
I totally agree with you on that. It's a brilliant version. I love her energy and enthusiasm, and the reactions from Dave. Great to get some new Stevie footage, thanks Nicole!
Old 09-22-2015, 04:11 PM

I have to say that also the performance she did with Jimmy Fallon was quite cool!
Old 09-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
Stevie looks and sounds ten years younger than when I saw FM in December last year!!! She looked so happy and sounded amazing here, and just goes to show what having fun can do to your state of mind.
Agreed. She looks like a different person.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

GOLD DUST WOMAN

STOP DRAGGIN'

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-22-2015, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That's the best rendition of SDMHA I've heard in 20 years. Dave Grohl brings out the wild rock and roll star in Stevie. Go Nicksvana!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

holy crap...I wasn't prepared for all that. Really great performances. I agree that Dave G brings out something wonderful in Stevie..well, that which has always been there. I particularly liked the ending of GDW where she was ad libing. I could't quite make out what she was saying...something about a hard day. ??Anyway, it was awesome!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 09-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmm. i liked SN performance. But Haim just stood there and sang along and didn't even bother learning the Lori and Sharon harmony parts. Glorified Kareokeizing. And the FF sounded like what happens when a bunch of amateurs get together and have a six pack and butcher a cover. Sigh. They have potential to sound so much better if they would give up the grunge sound and tune their instruments. haha.

Poor Dave. His leg is STILL broken!?
Old 09-22-2015, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
She messed up the words on GDW without her trusted teleprompter! Apart from that great performance.
Yeah, she butchered some of the lyrics, which was a little disappointing. Somehow, during her break from touring with Fleetwood Mac, she managed to forget the words to the a song she has been singing for the last year and a half.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Baeble Music 9/22/2015 click for large picture of Stevie]

http://www.baeblemusic.com/musicblog...-epic-jam.html

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2015| Posted by: Don Saas

I'm pretty sure that my little sister and I are the two biggest Fleetwood Mac fans under the age of 30 that exist this side of the Mississippi. But, unfortunately, the hard truth is that Stevie Nicks' voice isn't half of what it used to be. The night that I saw them live (in Pittsburgh in 2013), her voice was all vibrato and no precision which made hearing some of my favorite songs of all time -- I literally woke up to their greatest hits CD in high school as my alarm for years -- a bit of a disappointing experience. But Stevie Nicks is Stevie Nicks so maybe the presence of her dancing with her shawls as Lindsey Buckingham still legitimately slays is enough? I don't know. Some people have still got it (Madonna, Paul McCartney, Elton John), and some people don't (Stevie Nicks, Paul Simon).

But, Foo Fighters' frontman Dave Grohl clearly thinks that Stevie Nicks has still got it because he brought her and Haim (!!!) out to do Tom Petty's Stevie Nicks duet "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" as well as an epic jam to Fleetwood Mac's "Gold Dust Woman." Stevie Nicks sounds better than she usually does these days but I'm still not sure if I feel comfortable saying that she sounds good. We'll let you be the judge.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:16 AM
Ledgie

Those videos from far away show how far she actually went out into the audience, so cool.

With a pair of Reeboks and a few more rehersals, this would have been an epic performance