User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
I dont know anyone else who's bought it, and have herd very little fanfare about it. A lot of ppl are upset that it has the "Hole" name vs. Courtney solo. I think it is a rich, well put together album. I though AS had more heart, but I like ND.
I really hope that she tours more US dates...preferably one near me. Maybe the shows will re-jumpstart album sales and it's popularity. I think for most dates, she is overseas. Sorry to fall off the SN topic, and rave about CL.
GO BUY THE ALBUM! LOL
Courtney's new album is excellent.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Love the new album - I saw her at one of the first shows a couple months ago in L.A. - she was great but cut the show short cuz she was in a mood.......
Old 07-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebop View Post
Love the new album - I saw her at one of the first shows a couple months ago in L.A. - she was great but cut the show short cuz she was in a mood.......
I was there too! Did you go Thursday or Friday? The show was soooo short. Almost died when they played GDW and when Linda Perry came out on "Letter to God". God, I love that song. I was a dork and wore a TISL tour shirt lol.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister View Post
I was there too! Did you go Thursday or Friday? The show was soooo short. Almost died when they played GDW and when Linda Perry came out on "Letter to God". God, I love that song. I was a dork and wore a TISL tour shirt lol.
I wish I had been there your night! Didn't get GDW or Linda Perry.......
Old 07-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Ledgie

I love the photo w/Lenny & Courtney, Stevie looks gorgeous as usual! I've been listening to NB almost nonstop too, it's a great album, the more I listen to it, the more I want to listen to it! Just saw her last weekend, she was in a mood there too, she hates Orlando. lol She rocked though and looked amazing, she was dressed very Stevie like.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Courtney says that her new album is unique in that it doesn't contain an FM reference, like the rest of her work does]

Excerpt from USA Today article by Steve Jones, 7-18-2013:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...-book/2552467/

Love says those songs and her other new material "is not my usual (style). I don't have any Fleetwood Mac references on it. Usually I always have a Fleetwood Mac reference as well as having, like, a Big Black references. These are very unique songs that sort of magically happened."

As for her book, which is being published by HarperCollins, Love says that "there's some salacious things about myself, but there's certainly no kissy-telly. I don't do kiss-tell. It's not that. In fact, you'd think I was the Virgin Mary from his book so far — but that doesn't mean there's not juicy parts in it. It's just juicy parts about ME, not other people."
Old 07-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Yeah, Stevie looks smokin' in that photo. She also she looks likes she was smoking/toking too. Love her very glassy-eyed, heavy-lidded stoner look.
That's exactly what I thought too. I saw the photo and my thought was "they've been getting stoned!"
Old 07-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Courtney's my girl. I just saw her in Philly last month, made it to the very front row of the mosh pit, and she puts on a damn good show, especially when you're 2 feet away from her~
I love how she idolizes Stevie, I think it's especially adorable that she has that framed Bella Donna picture in her living room. So cute.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Both of those songs are great. However, I was sure that Courtney wrote Pacific Coast Highway about her and Kurt.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[from an interview with Courtney and Todd Almond]

By James Reed BOSTON GLOBE STAFF SEPTEMBER 26, 2015

https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/mus...x6H/story.html

Almond: The show was written, but once we started rehearsing, it shifted to match the energy that we were creating together. She brought so much of herself to the role. In fact, one of the songs, “Fireworks,” I radically rewrote based on one of our conversations. We sat around my living room and played the guitar and rewrote the song on the fly.

Love: I showed him a clip from Fleetwood Mac’s 1982 “Mirage” tour where Lindsey [Buckingham] and Stevie [Nicks] are doing “The Chain.” Fleetwood Mac is one of my all-time favorite and biggest influences. They were one of the biggest bands in the world at the time, but they hated each other’s guts. It’s kind of like Lindsey and Stevie are competing in this clip. She raises an eyebrow when he sings [Love belts in a coarse snarl]: “You don’t love me now!” I still think of that moment and use that energy when I sing the song.