User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, we don't know how many people Stevie hurt with her drug abuse.

-Definitely true, and that is something she has to deal with.

Yep, Carol Ann should have walked away if all her stories are true. Yet, she didn't because it was cool to tour with the band and do tons of coke. And write a book a couple of years later.

-Classic blame the victim. Yes she should have come forward. All victims should. Just because they don’t does not mean the abuse was not real.

Yes, of course, the revenge angle. So, I guess we all finally agree on something.
-You see revenge. I see it his past actions as a band member coming back to haunt him. As I have said all along...no matter what sources say...only those folks know exactly what happened.

Maybe all of this is karma. Lindsey’s is the embarrassment of getting fired from the band. Stevie’s is the current ire by die-hard Lindsey fans.

Last edited by StevieandChris; 04-29-2018 at 08:58 PM..
Old 04-29-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, did something wrong on that last post.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
-You see revenge. I see it his past actions as a band member coming back to haunt him. As I have said all along...no matter what sources say...only those folks know exactly what happened.

Maybe all of this is karma. Lindsey’s is the embarrassment of getting fired from the band. Stevie’s is the current ire by die-hard Lindsey fans.
And where did I blame Carol Ann? I said she wasn't so affected by what happened if she made profits with it. Yes, that's classic too.

Yes, in Stevie's fans words, revenge. After 43 years. Wow!

Clearly no matter what Lindsey says you're not gonna believe him because "he deserves this".
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-29-2018 at 09:20 PM..
Old 04-29-2018, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, in Stevie's fans words, revenge. After 43 years. Wow!

Clearly no matter what Lindsey says you're not gonna believe him because "he deserves this".
What? In a real world job getting the boot because you were difficult, obstructionist or whatever is not “revenge.” It’s what happens.

And like it or not it happened here too.

Last edited by StevieandChris; 04-29-2018 at 09:07 PM..
Old 04-29-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lets not forget that Stevie is the reason the band didnt make another FM record. NO ONE can dispute that! So much for being a working, creative band again. Lets just tour, have fun, and make lots of money. At least Chris and Lindsey wanted something more. So hats off to them for giving us the treat that was BuckVie! And I still say Stevie got gut punched with that! She herself said she thought they would not do it. I'm just so tired of her mental lapses and bs! Where is the puking emoji when you need it?!
Old 04-29-2018, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand what it is with people tossing around Lindsey's history with violence as if it's some sort of bargaining chip in respect to what's going on with the band right now. The way Lindsey behaved back then should never be condoned and if someone wants to inherently have a dislike of him because of that then I think they have all the right to.

But if someone now (and this is almost specifically always Stevie fans), in their desire to argue that he somehow deserved to be treated like this from the band and that what the other members did wasn't wrong, unnecessarily and out of nowhere brings up the "he was an abusive boyfriend!" claim, not only does that disrespect the seriousness of domestic violence and the fact that it should be talked about in full seriousness on its own, but it also shows that the person doesn't really have much of an argument and thus feel the need to bring up the worst aspect of Lindsey's character that likely has absolutely zero to do with what has gone on here.

I don't know why this is so hard for some people. After all the years of brilliant musicianship and hard work (much more so than any other member of the band if you ask me), Lindsey didn't deserve this. I am shocked, disappointed and angry with the other band members for treating him like this. I love Stevie to death, but it's not hard for me to think that what she (as well the others) did was wrong.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What? In a real world job getting the boot because you were difficult, obstructionist or whatever is not “revenge.” It’s what happens.

And like it or not it happened here too.
Not after 43 years. And what was it you said? We don't know what happened. Lindsey hasn't spoken yet.

But because Stevie and Mick told the story with sad eyes, you of course believed them. Because they never lied. Why don't you wait to hear Lindsey's side of the story before judging this was fair?

Yeah, ok, this is clearly pointless.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I don't understand what it is with people tossing around Lindsey's history with violence as if it's some sort of bargaining chip in respect to what's going on with the band right now. The way Lindsey behaved back then should never be condoned and if someone wants to inherently have a dislike of him because of that then I think they have all the right to.

But if someone now (and this is almost specifically always Stevie fans), in their desire to argue that he somehow deserved to be treated like this from the band and that what the other members did wasn't wrong, unnecessarily and out of nowhere brings up the "he was an abusive boyfriend!" claim, not only does that disrespect the seriousness of domestic violence and the fact that it should be talked about in full seriousness on its own, but it also shows that the person doesn't really have much of an argument and thus feel the need to bring up the worst aspect of Lindsey's character that likely has absolutely zero to do with what has gone on here.
I don't know why this is so hard for some people. After all the years of brilliant musicianship and hard work (much more so than any other member of the band if you ask me), Lindsey didn't deserve this. I am shocked, disappointed and angry with the other band members for treating him like this. I love Stevie to death, but it's not hard for me to think that what she (as well the others) did was wrong.
Very well said.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yep. Lindsey deserved better than this.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I see what you are saying.

It is complex.

For me the alleged abuse does matter because it’s part of the control issues he has. Lindsey has also had control issues with the band since 1975. So many people only say Stevie is the control freak, but remember how Mick and John resented him trying to take over (my words) after they joined.

So even if you take the alleged abuse out of the equation, eventually there is going to be a breaking point when you have someone like Lindsey. As brilliant as he is, he was fired. Just like brilliant but difficult people are fired in every industry. I don’t think it’s revenge. It’s consequences of past actions. We are publicly being told it was the scheduling issue. We’ll see.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not after 43 years. And what was it you said? We don't know what happened. Lindsey hasn't spoken yet.

But because Stevie and Mick told the story with sad eyes, you of course believed them. Because they never lied. Why don't you wait to hear Lindsey's side of the story before judging this was fair?

Yeah, ok, this is clearly pointless.
Obviously, it did just happen after 43 years. Do I wish it happened, as Fleetwood Mac fan? No. But I am not in the band. Not my decision. It was the rest of the band’s decision.

I am curious to hear Lindsey’s perspective on what happened. I hope he does make a statement.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I see what you are saying.

It is complex.

For me the alleged abuse does matter because it’s part of the control issues he has. Lindsey has also had control issues with the band since 1975. So many people only say Stevie is the control freak, but remember how Mick and John resented him trying to take over (my words) after they joined.

So even if you take the alleged abuse out of the equation, eventually there is going to be a breaking point when you have someone like Lindsey. As brilliant as he is, he was fired. Just like brilliant but difficult people are fired in every industry. I don’t think it’s revenge. It’s consequences of past actions. We are publicly being told it was the scheduling issue. We’ll see.
I don't think our points necessarily disagree. I agree Lindsey was a hardcore control freak and as much as he may have grown, I doubt that ever totally goes away. But the thing is, the power dynamics in the band have changed since the 70s and 80s. Lindsey was the boss in the studio back then and he was basically the boss in every sense of the word in regards to what the band did musically. And I think he still probably wishes that what he says goes, but he's not dumb enough to know it's not that way anymore. Stevie holds ALL the cards now. ALL of them and that fact should not be underestimated. She and everyone else now know that she is the big star and she's the one people will not buy tickets without. That's why Stevie actually GOT to delay a tour by a year because she was doing her solo project.
And if you're saying that it's a consequences of his actions in regards to being a control freak, well Lindsey certainly isn't the only member of the band who did things back then that caused trouble for other band members. Mick was an absolute mess, a complete failure as a band leader. Look at what Lindsey has to say about making the Tango album, he said Mick would literally pass out drunk/stoned in his home to the point that Lindsey got a trailer for him parked in his driveway to basically live in. Stevie was such a rock diva that several people have said they could hardly speak to her because she was constantly surrounded by an entourage, during the making of Tango she decided to fly out to Australia instead of recording with her band. And she also had a serious drug problem that likely made dealing with her difficult, Jimmy Iovine allegedly quit Rock a Little the first time for that very reason.
They all gave each other hell but Lindsey is the only one who's facing "consequences" for it, decades later? When oddly enough Lindsey was fine enough to make an album with Christine just a year ago, with Mick and John playing on it, tour that album which by all accounts, was a successful and happy experience for everyone involved on it.
And you're right that the "he wanted to delay the tour one year and we didn't" is what they're telling the press. And it's not the whole truth, it's an altered version of events.
My point here is that I believe Lindsey did not do anything to warrant being treated like this. I personally believe Stevie did not to tour with him anymore because of their bickering and that her outlook on life has changed since TP's death and when he started asking for whatever he was asking for in the regards to the tour, she decided "I'm done" and Mick went with it because Stevie is his cash cow, and the rest of them all went along with it as well, whether they liked it or not. I love Stevie and I love the band but I think what they've done here is just wrong.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then why didn't Stevie get the boot when she was obstructionist to any touring or recording for several years? She sure should have
Old 04-30-2018, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

ITA!
And about the domestic violence. That is a rather pathetic try to give the band some morale reason for their backstabbing firing. Remember when John threw an axe after Christine? Domestic violence has NEVER been a problem for the band, as long as the money rolled in. And also not for the fans who cry "girlfriend-beater" now. They bought the music, heaped to see FM with said violent man in concert again and again. In that narrative, they were complicit. But that hasn't dawned on them.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Then why didn't Stevie get the boot when she was obstructionist to any touring or recording for several years? She sure should have
I don't know--in the "real world" I work with difficult people who I don't necessarily like and see eye to eye with on a daily basis. That's why is called "work" and it's not camp. The fact he may have been tossed for something like this is beyond ludacris and just shows that this band is still living on some other planet.