Originally posted by HomerMcvie
Stephen, I just PM'd you about Seattle.

Just PM'd you back.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Ledgie

Default Bare Trees concerts

Ryan8472,

Thanks for posting the thread to the 1968 concert in San Fransisco.

SteveMacD,

If you do find out anything about the concerts from Bare Trees era. It would be great know a little about them. Please let us know!

Last edited by greenfire; 02-02-2004 at 05:55 PM..
Old 02-02-2004, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveMacD
Odd that this should come up this week. I just found out about two radio shows this week from the Bare Trees era. If I can get my hands on these, I'll see what I can do to make these available.

Seattle 1972 set list:

1. Tell Me All the Things You Do
2. Future Games
3. Get Like You Used to Be
4. Child of Mine
5. Spare Me a Little
6. Homeward Bound
7. Black Magic Woman
8. Oh Well

Sindelfingen, Germany 1972 set list:

1. Tell Me All the Things You Do
2. Future Games
3. Morning Rain
4. Woman of a Thousand Years
5. Black Magic Woman
6. Get Like You Used to Be
7. Homeward Bound
8. Trinity
9. Child of Mine
10. Oh Well
11. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On

SteveMacD or HomerMcvie or anyone,

If you are able to get these shows, please let us know. I am looking for anything from 1971-1974. If these are radio shows, I assume that the sound quality is very good, similar to the Sausalito & Hempstead boots. What fantastic set lists!!

Last edited by macfan 57; 02-02-2004 at 07:18 AM..
Old 02-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And, if anyone has more jpgs of the Future Games/Bare Trees incarnation (such as more from the series of photo that Steve posted...or ones of larger size...or ones of that incarnation on stage, etc), please email me.

I'm working on a CD graphics project, and am seriously lacking in photos from that era.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Ledgie

Default Re: San Bernardino 1971

Quote:
Originally posted by bducey
. I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the San Bernardino March 24, 1971 concert.

Anyone now, if I understand correctly, from one of my sources, Jeremy quit the band in Feb. 1971 and Bob Welch didn't join until Apr. 1971. Am I right in saying that this concert featured the four piece, Danny Kirwan, Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood & John McVie. I've also heard that Chris roughly became a full fledged member around the time Bob came on board, but maybe a month didn't make much difference and she already was a full member as of March 21, 1971. I've also heard that Peter Green was deputized guitarest after Spencer quit so maybe the line up was, Green, Kirwan, Fleetwood & McVie. Just wondering if someone could clarify this point of the history? Anyway, if this concert does exist, it would really be UNIQUE. Has anyone even remotely heard of its existence?

Last edited by greenfire; 02-11-2004 at 09:07 PM..
Old 02-11-2004, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After Jeremy went AWOL, they got Peter Green (who dragged Nigel Watson along, too) to finish the tour. It wasn't until the tour was over and they got back home did they start trying to find a "permanent replacement" for Jeremy.

EDIT: According to Mick's book, Peter agreed to finish the tour as long as they just jammed and didn't play strictly arranged songs...the entire set SUPPOSEDLY was variations of a theme based on "Black Magic Woman". If the set below is true, it MUST've been before Peter joined them...or we've discovered proof of another discrepancy in Mick's book.

Last edited by chiliD; 02-11-2004 at 09:33 AM..
Old 02-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: San Bernardino 1971

Quote:
Originally posted by greenfire
Anyone now, if I understand correctly, from one of my sources, Jeremy quit the band in Feb. 1971 and Bob Welch didn't join until Apr. 1971. I am right in saying that this concert featured the four piece, Danny Kirwan, Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood & John McVie. I've also heard that Chris roughly became a full fledged member around the time Bob came on board, but maybe a month didn't make much difference and she already was a full member as of March 21, 1971. I've also heard the Peter Green was deputized guitarest after Spencer quit so maybe the line up was, Green, Kirwan, Fleetwood & McVie. Just wondering if someone could clarify this point of the history? Anyway, if this concert does exist, it would really be UNIQUE. Has anyone even remotely heard of its existence?
I believe Christine became a full fledged member in August 1970. Her first show with the band was in New Orleans.

I got this set list for the San Bernardino show from a trader's website. She is no longer trading but still has her website. I've tried to e-mail her, but the e-mail address on the website is invalid. She also has the Bare Trees Seattle boot listed too, by the way.

1. Station Man
2. Get Like You Used To Be
3. Dragonfly
4. Purple Dancer
5. I'd Rather Go Blind
6. Tell Me All The Things You Do

I believe this show may be after Jeremy left and before Bob joined and may even include Peter. This would definitely be quite a find if this boot ever turns up.

Last edited by macfan 57; 02-11-2004 at 11:55 AM..
Old 02-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK everyone. I've got a copy of the San Bernadino show on disc (thought I had it but I just located it last night). Just listened to it again this morning. This was the first show from Peter Green's brief return to the group, when he joined Mick, John, Danny, & Christine to finish up their US tour after Jeremy's sudden departure. Sound quality is quite good overall, I'm guessing the original was from a soundboard recording, or else a very good audience recording.

The track listing is as macfan57 noted. Some off-key harmony singing from Christine on "Station Man"! Mostly pretty straightforward renditions of the songs, except on "Tell Me All The Things You Do" where the band extends the song into a "Madge"-style jam (cut off at the end). That's the only portion where Peter plays any lead guitar, at least as far as I can tell. There's a very nice wah-wah guitar part in there that sounds like Peter.

ChiliD, I've read elsewhere that the long "Black Magic Woman" jam was only at their final show of the tour - don't know whether or not that's true. Sounds like you (and no doubt many other people) have found the same thing that I have, though - that Mick's book conflicts with too many other accounts of various events to be considered very reliable.

Anyway, what I'd like to do is to start a vine to pass this recording on to people here who would like to hear it. I've burned a copy of my disc and I will send it on to the first person who contacts me by by email. That person then agress to burn a copy, post a note on the board here, and then pass along the original disc to the first person who contacts them. That way, everyone who wants a copy will eventually be able to get one. I'll post a note on the board when I receive an email to let everyone know that I've got someone to send the disc to. Hope that sounds ok.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

DAMN!! The Ledge's e-mail function doesn't seem to work for me...I keep getting error messages! E-mail me so I can get YOUR email address!

{hand raised, Arnold Horschak-style} Ooooh, Oooh, I wanna copy!
Old 02-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW!! That was fast, chiliD! I did get your email, so you will be getting the San Bernadino disc. I'll email you to get your mailing address and I'll get it out to you right away.

Everyone else who wants a copy - chiliD will offer it after he gets the disc and burns a copy for himself.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sharksfan2000, that's great! I will DEFINITELY want a copy. Thanks!!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Ledgie

Sharksfan2000,

Myself, and the others, I'm sure are very greatful that you would do this for us. I just have one question? I don't have a cd burner, well not yet anyway. I don't know how I could be included if I can't burn a copy for the next interested person. I know this method can't work unless I can burn it. Any ideas? My sister just got a computer with a burner but I don't know if she knows how to use it or if I would be able to figure it out, but that's the closest I can come to continuing the chain?

Last edited by greenfire; 02-12-2004 at 05:33 PM..
Old 02-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Ledgie

Default Re: Re: San Bernardino 1971

Quote:
Originally posted by greenfire
I am right in saying that this concert featured the four piece, Danny Kirwan, Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood & John McVie.
Just wanted to note, the above quote of mine was a typo, I didn't mean to say "I am right" rather "Am I right"....sorry for the dyslexia!
Old 02-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello from Italy.

I know I'm late on this thread, and I will post much more about it as soon as I have time, but for now I can only say that the San Bernardino tape isn't what it is claimed to be.

I think it's fair to say that it was a four piece line-up and certainly Peter Green wasn't there!

See you soon

Mario.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mario
Hello from Italy.

I know I'm late on this thread, and I will post much more about it as soon as I have time, but for now I can only say that the San Bernardino tape isn't what it is claimed to be.

I think it's fair to say that it was a four piece line-up and certainly Peter Green wasn't there!

See you soon

Mario.
Mario, looking forward to hearing more from you on the San Bernadino recording. It may be something other than what I've heard it's supposed to be. There are definitely two guitars audible on the recording I have though, so I'm not sure how it could be a four-piece line-up, unless Christine's keyboards are doing a very good impression of a guitar.