Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Ledgie

Default 29/9/13 - Birmingham LG Arena

Who's off to the Birmingham gig tonight? I'm leaving the house at 4 to start making my way down. So excited for my first concert!

And the Birmingham Mail are already speculating whether Christine will make an appearance tonight, which is highly doubtful since Stevie only mentioned the London dates.

Quote:
Rumour: Christine McVie to play with Fleetwood Mac in Birmingham
Rumours abound that star will reunite with Fleetwood Mac at home city Birmingham LG Arena date. Will she, won’t she? It is the big question on the lips of thousands of rock fans. Will Christine McVie guest with former Fleetwood Mac bandmates when the group plays a sell-out gig tonight at the LG Arena (Sunday 29)? Birmingham is, after all, the city where she grew up and cut her musical teeth. Singer Stevie Nicks once famously said there was “no more chance of an asteroid hitting the earth” than Christine being reunited with the band. But out of the blue, McVie – a cornerstone of Fleetwood Mac for nearly 30 years – guested with the band at a London 02 Arena gig last week. It was the first time in 14 years that they had been on stage together for a show. And today speculation was mounting that she may make an appearance tonight, too. The band’s media people professed not to know, but did not deny the possibility. In London Christine joined the band for a rendition of classic track Don’t Stop, which she wrote, at the end of the second encore. Drummer Mick Fleetwood threw both arms in the air, whooping with joy, as the ex-member appeared on stage to an enthusiastic audience response. It is unclear what has brought her out of retirement but Nicks said she was thrilled, adding: “It’s great to have her back and to do a song. “She’s been very, very missed, so even to have her back for a little while is going to be good."
Again, I HIGHLY doubt it.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope you have a great night. A first concert is such an amazing experience--glad your first is a FM show! Hope your travels etc go well and you find yourself seated with some fun/enthused concert goers.

I don't know what to say about the CM rumour except that I am glad you are keeping things in perspective!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Have fun!!!

Yeah, I seriously doubt she'll show up.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Ledgie

Literally just walked through the door after coming home from the gig. I have only one word: magical. Simply magical. Everything was superb from start to finish. Lindsey simply blew the roof off the place with Big Love and I'm So Afraid. Stevie's Rhiannon and Gold Dust Woman blew me away. The entire band was on form! An experience I will never forget.

A few funny moments came during the Without You intro - Stevie forgot Mick's name entirely and just referred to him as "the tall guy". She kept her "smokin' hot guitarist" line in for Lindsey again which was cute. I think Mick came out from behind the drum set for a minute and did a little dance, which was funny.

Stevie dedicated Landslide to JC, their former manager (not sure whether he was in the audience, but I did recognize the name).

I did try to capture some audio, but my damn iPod decided to stop recording TWO FRICKIN' SECONDS after the lights went down and the band came out. And I didn't realize it wasn't recording until towards the end of the show. I managed to get everything from Stand Back to the end though, just really gutted that I don't have the full concert. If anyone was there and recorded the entire concert and would like to send it to me, it would be much appreciated.

Only downside was the teenage girl next to me screamimg in my ear the whole time, and a bunch of assholes in the crowd decided to start shouting at Lindsey in the middle of Landslide and Never Going Back Again, which really killed the mood.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwoundDreams View Post

A few funny moments came during the Without You intro - Stevie forgot Mick's name entirely and just referred to him as "the tall guy". She kept her "smokin' hot guitarist" line in for Lindsey again which was cute. I think Mick came out from behind the drum set for a minute and did a little dance, which was funny.
Ooh, it sounds like the Without You intro again is back on track and funny again. Nice.

It's great that they have kept the show momentum up.

I know what you mean about people screaming in your ear. Don't they get that when they are shrieking and trying to get the people on stage to hear them, that they are standing like 10 inches away from someone's actual ear drum?? The ones that wolf whistle next to me really, really make me want to go and live in a cave and forget this cruel world.

Bummer about killing the Landslide mood. Lindsey has made me not care about NGBA's mood -- if it even has one these days. It's to the point that I love the crowd's response when that song starts and there is the rush of joy to hear it, but after he "gets into it" I start wishing for Sardonic World instead.

Michele
Old 09-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad you had a good night!

A screamer can ruin things--we had one in our ear for Say Goodbye and it killed the mood.

I saw mentions of JC at a London show (Twitter) so perhaps he is hanging with them at a few shows.

I am sure audio will pop up soon--usually it can be found.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

snippet reported back to me from the show tonight:

"one set of girls threw a bra at him and the other had a sign saying "tusk me lindsey" "

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

"one set of girls threw a bra at him and the other had a sign saying "tusk me lindsey" "
That reminds me of the "We're legal" speech that someone shouted to him at Jones Beach.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Girls better watch their step. We know one member of the band doesn't look quite so kindly on them trying to hook Linds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y82-YpFKtHI

#notgonnahappen

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-30-2013, 06:06 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

I didn't see anything get thrown at him, but I was up in the nosebleeds and the band looked like ants so maybe I just couldn't see it. I wouldn't be surprised either.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

A few clips up on YT:
sisters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rrfXWfpjdc

Don't stop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79rZjQniwjA

GYOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juQzzrvu8_4
Old 09-30-2013, 07:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwoundDreams View Post
I didn't see anything get thrown at him, but I was up in the nosebleeds and the band looked like ants so maybe I just couldn't see it. I wouldn't be surprised either.
There were no side video screens so it would have made it impossible at the back. I was on the side overlooking the stage so I could see but I did remark that the view for those at the back would be disappointing. Such a shame.

I also had two young 'uns next to me that were busy stamping and clapping at all the wrong times and lost any sense of rhythm, even debating whether the band would finish on Songbird ...poor souls! Perhaps they were just excited but they did keep clapping loudly.....ah yes not a problem at all but the only snag was they didn't seem to realise when the song had actually ended! Its the first time I have heard Sisters of the Moon live in person and at every break they seemed to think it had finished!
Its nice that there is a younger element attending the shows but boy do they need educating! I overheard a debate on the way out with some teenage boys about how Lindsey was totally weird and just had his hand hanging loose all the time and never even strummed the guitar. Quelle horreur. The finger picking style was a bit lost on them I think, but it did make me chuckle.
Its probably because I think that tickets have been hard to get this time with genuine fans on the wrong end!

Stevie did seem to be limping slightly on her at the back of the stage although not overly noticeable at stage front. Great show though.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Every time I read descriptions of John Courage, I always get the impression that he's a really tremendous guy.

Michele
Old 09-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Every time I read descriptions of John Courage, I always get the impression that he's a really tremendous guy.

Michele
His name always brings to mind the chicken story-

(Found here for anyone who hasn't read about it and wants to do so:
http://www.fmlegacy.com/TakeItToTheLimit.html
Old 09-30-2013, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I chatted with him once (in 1997, pre-Dance), and I wish I could have even more. It was the last time I ever talked with management. Nice guy, and answered a few questions for me. At the time, there were rumors about Bekka, Billy, and Rick also going on tour for the band's 30th anniversary, but he quickly dispelled them.

BTW, have they dedicated a show to Bob Welch (or any of the Bobs), yet?

THE Stephen Hopkins