Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet View Post
I think people started by laughing at it, which is different to complaining about it, and not irrational at all.
I think some did. But, some people just love to shiitte all over other people's likes and all. The test is subjective, but it clearly happens

Note - this comment was in general and not directed at anyone in this thread.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think people started by laughing at it, which is different to complaining about it, and not irrational at all.
You don't seem to get it, so I won't force the issue; however, to laugh or make fun of someone else's posts is a form of ridicule, and it is against the rules here.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
You don't seem to get it, so I won't force the issue; however, to laugh or make fun of someone else's posts is a form of ridicule, and it is against the rules here.
Oh I get it, no question about that I confidently look forward to that rule, and all the others, being rigidly enforced across the board with no exceptions or deviations.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think that as a moderator I have the option of putting people on ignore. I do think sometimes that all the petty BS that goes back and forth is, well...petty. If someone could explain to me the usefulness of it, maybe I could gain some understanding? I know that we can post what may seem like boring threads as long as they don't go against the board's rules. If you see that a thread is about Vivica Fox, and you either a) don't like her or b) don't like the person who started the thread, why comment on it. I can understand clicking the link and reading because I sometimes do that (even before I became a moderator)- you know, the whole morbid curiosity thing.

Anyway, life is too short for stuff like this, isn't it?
Old 04-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Registered, No Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Everyone has character flaws. Nobody is perfect or superior. Humility is a character strength.
you quoted my post but didn't seem to address anything put to you.

Yep we all have character flaws but i don't think that was the discussion.

Nobody is perfect or superior - agreed. But you said that felling superior was one of the "bashers" motivations yet you were doing the same thing.
How is bashing bashers any different?

And where the hell did "Humility is a character strength." come from?
Apple Jacks is a breakfast cereal but what's your point?

Quote:
If you hate Mc Donalds, do you stop into every one you pass on your drive into work just to mention that their food sucks? If someone did that would you say that's dysfunctional, or the person has unreasonable views of their own importance? I'd at least say that it was pretty crazy of them, and pointless to boot. If they were tricked into the Mc Donalds, because the sign outside said Tavern On The Green, or forced to go, that's a different story.
What a silly comparison.
A restaurant?? - come on.

Much more like a Sushi Track.

but seriously - There are people who hate McDonald's and though they don't go into every restaurant to express their displeasure they work behind the scenes. Asking their friends why they would feed their kids that crap.

I still don't think the comparison holds true though.
You just seem to think that if someone isn't gonna respond the way the original poster wants you to, then you shouldn't be posting at all.

Quote:
Reading and commenting on a post you don't like in a thread is fine. This isn't the case here. People know damn well they don't like Vivica Fox, but still clicked on the thread. (See my previous post about Mc Donalds). If you go into a thread that's accurately titled only to make fun of what was posted is ridiculing the original poster, and that is against the rules. Now, if the OP is cool with it and has a sense of humor that's fine, but lets not try to spin it into anything else than what it is.

Pointing out that there are individuals who are walking a thin line between acceptable behavior on the threads and behaviors that aren't, and explaining why, isn't bashing.

As far as putting "bashers" on ignore, people shouldn't have to accommodate individuals who can't play nice. The individuals who can't play nice should have to follow the rules, or start their own club.
my experience with the ledge is that some of the best conversations pop up in the strangest places. People poking through threads with titles they don't like, doesn't mean they won't find things in there to comment on.

And are you applying for a moderator post or something. Not one moderator has seen an infraction of the rules in this thread yet you keep trying to twist and interpret things to make things WAAAAAAAY more sinister than they are. The original poster hasn't registered any strong displeasure and has actually found some of the diversions funny. And he has still kept posting Viv stuff.

The system works - and try to get a sense of humor.

You have deemed people who "don't play nice" and decided that you shouldn't have to accommodate them by ignoring them? That sounds ridiculous. Should we burn them instead? You don't decide who stays or goes around here (nor do I, thankfully) but it sure sounds like you want to. Is there really a huge problem here or is this you trying to make it that way?

Quote:
I'm saying if you don't like something, or aren't interested in something it's irrational to take part in it only to complain about it, and yet that's what people did when they logged on, saw the title of this thread and still opened it, then started posting about how stupid it was.
it's an opinionated batch around here.
If you want "group think" apply at 7W. It's like one big amoeba over there.

Quote:
Amen BonB. No one was mean. Just expressed questioning of the thread in a way that might be funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I think some did. But, some people just love to shiitte all over other people's likes and all. The test is subjective, but it clearly happens
and you got to admit strand - sometimes it's hilarious.

Quote:
contortionist much? -
people were poking fun at Vivica Fox the actress with the boob dent not the ledgie known as Viv Fox. She is a public figure so it's ok. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I don't think that as a moderator I have the option of putting people on ignore. I do think sometimes that all the petty BS that goes back and forth is, well...petty. If someone could explain to me the usefulness of it, maybe I could gain some understanding? I know that we can post what may seem like boring threads as long as they don't go against the board's rules. If you see that a thread is about Vivica Fox, and you either a) don't like her or b) don't like the person who started the thread, why comment on it. I can understand clicking the link and reading because I sometimes do that (even before I became a moderator)- you know, the whole morbid curiosity thing.

Anyway, life is too short for stuff like this, isn't it?
i bet you wish you could ignore some posts i am sure. But was there really any fouls here jannie? people made each other laugh and no one is hurt or pissed.

You said it was boring (yawn) before and I am sure many agree and have abandoned the thread all together but there really didn't seem to be any harm done. People express their pleasure and displeasure around these parts, and believe it or not it makes us stronger as a whole.

Good God I sound like Dr. Phil.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckymcnix View Post
. . . and you got to admit strand - sometimes it's hilarious. . . . .
Oh - I laugh out loud and often. I also think people need to lighten up. I also think that some people can dish it, but they can't take it. Then again, I'm a blow hard

Old 04-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Then again, I'm a blow hard

that's exactly what I hear.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
that's exactly what I hear.

Lord Child - the rumours, they are a flyin'

Old 04-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you quoted my post but didn't seem to address anything put to you.

Yep we all have character flaws but i don't think that was the discussion.

Nobody is perfect or superior - agreed. But you said that felling superior was one of the "bashers" motivations yet you were doing the same thing.
How is bashing bashers any different?
I didn't say what I said to feel superior and you're making an assumption saying that. I was stating what I believe to be fact. I would dig up the psych research that backs up the theory but that is really pointless. You disagree with me so be it.

Quote:
And where the hell did "Humility is a character strength." come from?
Apple Jacks is a breakfast cereal but what's your point?
Humility is the opposite of feeling superior. It's an ideal to achieve.

What you've missed is that my actual character flaw is the need to be right. Feeling superior isn't it.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Two motivators: 1) Bashing other people gives them a false sense of superiority. 2) Bashing other people distracts them from their own issues.
who are "they"??

hell, even betsy came in and kinda half-way made fun of viv. okay, well, she laughed at some PICS making fun of viv Betsy is like, the sweetest, most innocent ledgie there is.

so I don't get it or maybe i'm missing something
Old 04-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Look I'm sorry this thread has caused so much controversy. I adore Vivica Fox and yes I know this is a FM forum, but this is the chit chat section that has nothing to do with the band. Therefore I'm posting in the proper forum.
If you want the truth YES I was offended at some of the words posted here because they were done intentionally by a few people who clearly don't like me at all. And no, don't even try to accuse me of being paranoid or accuse me of thinking they're out to get me. I pm'd Sharon(trackaghost) and suggested to her that if she didn't have anything nice to say would she please keep her negative opinions to herself.
The very next day there were a bunch of posts all directed at me by Sharon and her little group of followers which you all have read. I know you guys were mocking me.
Then Sharon posted that really long thread telling me off in general. She said I get such a big ego boost when people read my threads. She claimed that the only reason over 200 people read this thread was because I keep bumping it to the top. Hey Sharon there have been many threads at the top that I have never opened because the subject matter didn't interest me. So that doesn't fly with me here. You and I both know it's been read a lot lately because people are hoping to read a loud internet fight. I know you told your friends about my pm and that's why you all ganged up for the attack. The only thread I track how many hits it gets is my Tusk Tour thread. And I do get an ego boost from that thread and am not afraid to admit it. Any of you can go look through that thread and you will see the same few meanies ranking on me in there as well. During that time the Tusk Tour thread had its most ever views, again people waiting for a fight IMO.
Up until tonight Michelle2677 had a gravestone as her sig pic with the name Viv Fox on it and below it it said RIP. That was funny for like 5 minutes and then I became annoyed. I do think I have a good sense of humor but making that your sig was mocking me pure and simple.
Carrie highlighting jokingly this thread has been viewed 1,03o times is making fun of me and she knows it.
After Sharon posted that really long thread telling me off I sent her a sarcastic pm boasting how many people read this thread and then she let's us all know she put me on ignore. What she means is I can no longer send her pm's. She still can see anything I have posted publicly. And I guarantee she and her little cronies read this all the time waiting to see everyones reactions, including mine.
In my Tusk Tour thread she and her gang were questioning why I was posting old articles that were already on The Penguin. I posted them because they pertained to the subject at hand and there were many people who did not know they even existed or where to find them. I notice when Michele posts the many older articles she never has to endure any disrespect from you. So that's one of the reasons how I know it is personal.
Some of the jokes made about VivFox were funny but all in all people it is my screen name after all. I collectively ask you right now if you don't like the things I post perhaps you can tell me so in a private pm and not publicly roll your eyes at me. Also I am thankful to those few people who did "stand up" for me in this thread. At least they see through all the BS like I do.
From this point on just to spare us all the trouble, I will report abuse to a moderator when I feel it is warranted. Probably because up till this point I didn't complain about it, no one was held accountable for their rudeness.

Last edited by vivfox; 04-15-2008 at 09:38 PM..
Old 04-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
1,030 people have views this thread since february 23rd!!!!!!!!
Mocking me? You say no. I say hell yeah!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Registered, No Membership

Quote:
I didn't say what I said to feel superior and you're making an assumption saying that.
Exactly.
And the people ("bashers") weren't doing so to feel superior but yet that is what your assumption was as to their motivation.
You were doing what you accused them of doing.
And now I am doing it to you.
I don't mean that in a ****ty way -
It's just a very slippery slope and strangely circular - that is my point.

See?

Quote:
I was stating what I believe to be fact. I would dig up the psych research that backs up the theory but that is really pointless. You disagree with me so be it. :shrug

Humility is the opposite of feeling superior. It's an ideal to achieve.

What you've missed is that my actual character flaw is the need to be right. Feeling superior isn't it.

I just disagree that you can so easily put someone's motivation into a little box like that. You leaned toward the darker motivations for people yet there were many laughs had in the thread. Being funny is a major motivation around here for many people. I just offer that goofing around shouldn't be construed as a reason to accuse people of superiority complexes.

And as in life, we can ignore those we don't find funny. As I said, the system works.
(Even in Brown. )

It just doesn't seem like this goofy exchange about vivica fox (the actress) is the attack some posters are trying to make it out to be.

and i too know the "need to be right" flaw. It sleeps in the lower bunk

ON EDIT:
Well in his hindsight it seems viv fox (the ledgie) has decided to be offended.
Seatbelt check everyone.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And as in life, we can ignore those we don't find funny. As I said, the system works.
Bucky, I feel as if I had come full circle in that I want to know again which ledgies (if any) have me on ignore.

If you have me on ignore, would you please let me know here? I promise I won't get mad. I just want to know. This knowledge may help me to improve. New threads with this particular topic tend to get locked, so I need to piggyback on this one.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

and i too know the "need to be right" flaw. It sleeps in the lower bunk

ON EDIT:
Well in his hindsight it seems viv fox (the ledgie) has decided to be offended.
Seatbelt check everyone.
It sleeps in the lower bunk. Now that's funny. Also I ddn't decide to be offended, I am offended. I just didn't say so until today.
Closed Thread