The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's possible to answer the question without insulting anyone, either on this board or in the band.

Apparently, some people here are po'ed at Stevie because they think she's being selfish for not working on a new FM album.

The rest of the band COULD release a FM album with just Lindsey, Christine, John, and Mick; however, I believe that the band and record label are concerned that without Stevie, the album would sell about the same as a solo Lindsey Buckingham album. Maybe it would sell better than that, but I think that's a concern for them. Certainly the band doesn't want this album to tank like Time did, they want an album with the name Fleetwood Mac to sell AT LEAST as well as Say You Will. At least.

I would love an album with all 5 members, but I would still buy it without Stevie. I was disappointed when Lindsey left the band, but I ended up loving Behind the Mask. But I certainly didn't resent him for not making another album with the band. He had his reasons, so who was I to judge?
Old 10-16-2016, 11:38 AM
Registered

why is it a different in opinion is automatically HATE ? /Hater ? ( the word hater is the one thing to surpass edge walk ,that i actually hate
Old 10-16-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
the word hater is the one thing to surpass edge walk ,that i actually hate
But now that makes you a hater, what will you do?
Old 10-16-2016, 01:03 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
But now that makes you a hater, what will you do?
pass the blame to someone else
Old 10-16-2016, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't hate Stevie. At all. I've just had it with her because of the fact she does not join in on the album after Christine returned. I simply don't understand.

The fact that they have not brought out the album under FM name is probably because they contracted the name to Mick John Stevie and Lindsey in the last decade. Not just for the money: selling records does not smoke their chimney anymore. And the tour is already contracted, that is the moneymaker.

The fact that Stevie does not join in is holding them hostage in being a real Fleetwood Mac with new work.

Don't Forget: they recorded everything with Stevie's voice in mind. It is simply very disappointing that she leaves them hanging. That does not make me hate Stevie, that makes me hate her behaviour. Blerghh.

Old 10-16-2016, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
why is it a different in opinion is automatically HATE ? /Hater ? ( the word hater is the one thing to surpass edge walk ,that i actually hate
It's the rudeness used to describe band members that I'm referring to as hate or negativity, not a difference of opinion. There are examples on this thread.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
The fact that they have not brought out the album under FM name is probably because they contracted the name to Mick John Stevie and Lindsey in the last decade. Not just for the money: selling records does not smoke their chimney anymore. And the tour is already contracted, that is the moneymaker.

The fact that Stevie does not join in is holding them hostage in being a real Fleetwood Mac with new work.
I don't think there's any contractual issue involved at all. There wasn't when Lindsey left after Tango or when Stevie left after Behind the Mask. Plus, even if there was a contract in the last decade, as you say, then Stevie would HAVE to record with them. Steve's not keeping them from releasing an album as Fleetwood Mac.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As with other Ledgies, I too, am quite frustrated with her shenanigans and we have the right to express our opinions. But, some seem to go above and beyond what is necessary, especially the childish name calling that so many think is funny. -NEWS FLASH- it really isn't that funny, it's immature internet behaviour coming from adults, which is just sad.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Christine said in an interview recently with BBC Radio 2 that a Fleetwood Mac tour for 2017 was definite and everything was signed on the dotted line (as she worded it).

Am I to presume that this tour will feature Stevie, even though she currently seems to be off doing her own thing and there are rumours (sorry for the pun) that she is currently reluctant to work with Fleetwood Mac?
Old 10-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't think there's any contractual issue involved at all. There wasn't when Lindsey left after Tango or when Stevie left after Behind the Mask. Plus, even if there was a contract in the last decade, as you say, then Stevie would HAVE to record with them. Steve's not keeping them from releasing an album as Fleetwood Mac.
You can contract the name without contracting releases. They could have done that after Lindsey returned, and morphed his Gift Of Screws in Say You Will.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:46 PM
Registered

Quote:
It's the rudeness used to describe band members that I'm referring to as hate or negativity, not a difference of opinion. There are examples on this thread.
i don't interpret it that way i see it as an opinion from someone i have no idea who they are and if if feels like pot stirring i laugh and move on and don't feed into it
Old 10-16-2016, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post
Christine said in an interview recently with BBC Radio 2 that a Fleetwood Mac tour for 2017 was definite and everything was signed on the dotted line (as she worded it).

Am I to presume that this tour will feature Stevie, even though she currently seems to be off doing her own thing and there are rumours (sorry for the pun) that she is currently reluctant to work with Fleetwood Mac?
Stevie has even said she will do the tour. She has declined to work in the studio with the band, however.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Plus, Christine says releasing an album without Stevie is a possibility. She said they hope to be done with the songs they have by the end of the year while also keeping the door open for Stevie should she have a change of heart.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Which already booked solo Lindsey tour are you referring to? Is this 2003 or 2013 or an altogether different year that he did this?
1987. At least Lindsey left them with an album to tour with. And he didn't leave to promote his solo album, which didn't even come out until 1992, five years after he bailed.

Michele
Old 10-16-2016, 08:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post

Release it without Stevie, tour it, and have her leave the stage when the new songs are played!

That won't damage her ego; not in the slightest.