User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2003, 05:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default SmthngOfADreamr...

If it's any consolation, my beautiful name (DOR) is also inherently spolit by association with Heche
Old 04-23-2003, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: SmthngOfADreamr...

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
If it's any consolation, my beautiful name (DOR) is also inherently spolit by association with Heche
OMG say it ain't so... lol!! You mean DOR was also inspired by Heche?!?! That's really the two best GOS songs now! She must have had a huge impact on Lindsey. Maybe she does have alien powers? Is she in some sort of competition with the Nickster to find which muse begets the best songs?

Last edited by SmthngOfADreamr; 04-23-2003 at 05:34 AM..
Old 04-23-2003, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: SmthngOfADreamr...

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr
Maybe she does have alien powers?
LMAO!

Yeah I'm afraid "DOR" is as much a song about her as any - especially seeing as he calls out 'Annie' at the end... It seems to be talking about the zaniness of people who are obsessed with celebrity, or themselves for that matter.

I like to think that, while he started the song to deal with his thoughts on Anne, it evolved into somethig that rose far, far above, in a musical sense. ("Begone, Lafoon, you have no power here!")
Old 04-23-2003, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, wait a minute! lol!

Guys, let's take another approach........

You know it hasn't been confirmed that either song has anything to do with Mrs. Lafoon. In the article in question, it was only a question posed by the journalist, and Lindsey only said it was about someone from before he got married. Hell, that could be anybody. I know Lindsey didn't deny it, but I bet the Anne Heche question wasn't even put in until later. It sounded like an assumption on the part of the writer.

As for DOR, nothing has been said by Lindsey about that, and until I hear it from his mouth, I refuse to believe that song isn't about Stevie. The last time I brought this up I got bar-b-qued so bad I fell through the grill grate and was consumed by the flames, but I think that the "Can you hear me Annie?" question at the end could be a derivative of Steph-anie or Angel, which we know was/is a pet name S&L used for each other.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I don't care! lol!!

Oh, and SmthngOfADrmr, I'm with you on your questions about what Kristen really knows, but I know better than to get into that! haha!

I'm just sayin' there hasn't been a confirmation about either song, and maybe we are jumping the gun. I'm not convinced, myself!

-Sharon
Old 04-23-2003, 08:05 AM

Against my better judgment, I'm going to break my silence on this thread.

Two points: First, why is it so hard to believe that Kristen wasn't familiar with Lindsey's history with Stevie? I know a lot of people who don't know about it, or know only superficial details, and don't care to know much more. I would say that includes most people.

Second, I'm a little taken aback at the hostility toward Anne Heche. What really makes her such a prime candidate for this kind of attack?

Gee, you would think the members of Fleetwood Mac were saints, and that Lindsey descended from Mount Olympus to grace her with his brief presences in her life.

Finally, there is no real evidence Down on Rodeo is about her. In fact, the lyrics don't seem to bear that out.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, Carne, I agree with you that DOR is probably not about Heche, and I agree that Lindsey is no saint in a purple silk robe.

I think alot of people have reacted negatively to AH because she is flippant and wierd. Maybe Linds likes 'em that way!

Now......

As far as opinions about Mrs. Buckingham, I have learned that unless you are of the opinion (an ohhhhhhhhh there are MANY!) that SHE descended from the sky in a golden chariot with fluttering wings to right all the wrongs in Lindsey's life, then you had best be as quiet as a fieldmouse pissing on a cottonball on that subject.

I'm over here in the corner with my cottonball right now.

-Sharon
Old 04-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sharon, I'm right around the corner from ya on my own cottonball.

DOR is so OBVIOUSLY about Stevie. Stephanie. StephANIE. Yep. Most definitely.

And it's gonna take me quite awhile, I think, to get past the thought that Anne inspired Come, even if she didn't. I'm trying to block it out of my mind. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I learned something else new and, well, rather gross about her on another board and it just killed it for me. Ew.

~Angela~
Old 04-23-2003, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Angela, it's so good to have cottonball company!

Cottonball, anyone?

-Sharon
Old 04-23-2003, 11:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Just two points:

Does anybody think the FM songwriters ever really admit who inspired certain songs especially if doing so had the potential to cause emotional turmoil for those involved? Even when they say this song is about X, when they are put on the spot in interviews, most of the time I don't take much stock in it because I believe they're most likey blowing smoke.

Second, as far as Mrs B., she said herself that she didn't know about the "Stevie specter" when she got involved with Mr. B. I think she said that in his BTM on VH1. I'm sure she is fully aware now and that is for them to deal with. I'm sure it is a big balancing act for her but no matter what goes on in the studio, she is firmly planted with the "Family Man" kids and all. I wouldn't worry if I were her.

Old 04-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, Stevie not too long ago admitted that Thrown Down is about Lindsey. She also said that he likes it when she writes songs about him. "It makes him happy." She said.

~Angela~
Old 04-23-2003, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think there may be a certain amount of smoke blowing, for sure. I think that just because of that, IF Come has any of Stevie in it, Linds won't be sayin' so because Stevie would be upset about it.

And yah.....kids are always perfect insurance to hold on to a man.
I mean, it has always been such a sucessful tactic through the ages, you know. It always works.

Cottonball, anyone?

-Sharon
Old 04-23-2003, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Second, I'm a little taken aback at the hostility toward Anne Heche. What really makes her such a prime candidate for this kind of attack?
Were likely a bit jealous and wondering why he didnt pick half of US over HER, LOL!
Old 04-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Somebody hose down the cotton, the flaming's about to begin! ROTFLMAO! Sharon, you are brave, girl.

And Stevie would rip him a new you-know-what if he said Come was about her. He's too smart for that, anyway....look what he's had to put up with about GYOW for so many years, poor guy. LOL!

~Angela~
Old 04-23-2003, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What? What? Little Ol' Me?

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

I'm just making a statement about the historical strategic tactics of the female species.

Oh God. I'm done for.
I might as well sh!t a brick and go to hell with a square a@@hole!

-Sharon
Old 04-23-2003, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL! I'm cracking up here.

Oh well.....if we're goin' to hell with our arses flaming.....we might as well go out (or down, LOL) in style, right? Me thinks we've been quiet for quite awhile now anyway, eh? lol.

~Angela~