Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:35 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default New Mick Interview

Mick was a guest on the debut episode of Volume West on Sirius XM Channel 106. It's on demand on the Sirius XM app too.

The interview doesn't break any new information on what went down with Lindsey but Mick says that rehearsals start in August. He said he was recently with Stevie and Mike Campbell and after they ran through all the songs they want to play - including Stevie "threatening" to sing "Black Magic Woman" - they think the show may run close to 3 hours. He also said they are gonna try to work up a couple new songs - he referred to them as "calling cards" - to release before the tour.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's interesting. Damn, now I'm rethinking going to the show!

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-31-2018, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

My prediction is right on. I predicted this months ago that the band would play one or 2 "new" songs but never record them just so they can "prove" to the world this is a new band and demand everyone take them seriously.
Well then Mick, record a freaking album then! Oh wait that's right, your star wont record music anymore because it does not sell. Oh wait, she meant that only when Lindsey was there.
Give me a break. They don't want to sound like a Fleetwood Mac cover band so these corny new songs no one will hear again!
Old 05-31-2018, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
My prediction is right on. I predicted this months ago that the band would play one or 2 "new" songs but never record them just so they can "prove" to the world this is a new band and demand everyone take them seriously.
Well then Mick, record a freaking album then! Oh wait that's right, your star wont record music anymore because it does not sell. Oh wait, she meant that only when Lindsey was there.
Give me a break. They don't want to sound like a Fleetwood Mac cover band so these corny new songs no one will hear again!
There is a greater likelihood we all get bit by dinosaurs before any incarnation of FM records new music
Old 05-31-2018, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
There is a greater likelihood we all get bit by dinosaurs before any incarnation of FM records new music
I think a song or two off, an EP, etc is possible. But an actual album? Not gonna happen.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m still 50-50.

If they could do something in a few months, tops, Stevie might be able to get on board. The less time, money, and drama it takes to make an album, the more likely Stevie will be to agree to participate.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-01-2018, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

A dressed-up old demo would be easy for Stevie. Even a co-write wouldn't take too much effort if Campbell had an instrumental that she could match up with a poem she already had laying around. All that kind of co-write would require would be some tweaking, and she's used that method before. A co-write would certainly show a new "cohesion" within the band.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would think Lindsey would be very angry if an album comes out from the Mac. I would be very angry. I wonder how long Chris and John are going to stay. I thought I read somewhere John wanted to retire and Christine didn't stay too long after the Behind the Mask album and tour. I read she didn't think Fleetwood Mac was the same without Lindsey. She recorded on Time but that album is a mess.

If Stevie records, then for sure the problem is between her and Lindsey. What a shame.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 06-01-2018, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I would think Lindsey would be very angry if an album comes out from the Mac. I would be very angry.
I’m sure he would/will be. However, he was the problem as far as Stevie was concerned. Whatever. He doesn’t have to compromise anymore.

Quote:
I wonder how long Chris and John are going to stay. I thought I read somewhere John wanted to retire
He said he didn’t want to do tours that were as extensive as the last tour anymore.

Quote:
and Christine didn't stay too long after the Behind the Mask album and tour.
She decided to retire from touring to be closer to her family after her father died while she was on the Behind the Mask tour.

Quote:
I read she didn't think Fleetwood Mac was the same without Lindsey. She recorded on Time but that album is a mess.
She indeed felt that way about Lindsey, but it was largely the acrimony between her and Dave Mason that made her check out of the band. Billy Burnette sang and had a co-write on her 2004 album, so I think she might have hung around a little longer under different circumstances. But, even during The Dance, she was clearly ready to call it a day.

I think it’s too early to draw parallels. Neil and Mike are on a very different level than Billy and Rick, so it could actually work.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In recent years Stevie has gone into studios to perform songs on other artists’ albums so I think she will do it if it feels right to her. And we know she has a ton of old material she can dust off if she is not ready to record something new. Time will tell.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just listened to this softball interview. No mention of Lindsey except Mick saying he has 'huge kudos of respect for Lindsey now and into the future but we needed a change'. Rehearsal starts in August but a little earlier for him and John with the guitar players. He praised Mike's production ability and his songwriting. Mick didn't realize how much Mike had written over the years. 50 years of FM for him and John so they want to revisit the early blues days and "jam things out a little bit more here and there".

I'd have to listen again because he rambles, but he said there was a 'team huddle' where they weren't sure they should continue but once they decided to go forward they had to decide who to get. Then something about 'a lot of thought for Neil' after acknowledging they had Mike. I swear he uses 4-6 extra words for every 1 word that would suffice.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I just listened to this softball interview. No mention of Lindsey except Mick saying he has 'huge kudos of respect for Lindsey now and into the future but we needed a change'. Rehearsal starts in August but a little earlier for him and John with the guitar players. He praised Mike's production ability and his songwriting. Mick didn't realize how much Mike had written over the years. 50 years of FM for him and John so they want to revisit the early blues days and "jam things out a little bit more here and there".

I'd have to listen again because he rambles, but he said there was a 'team huddle' where they weren't sure they should continue but once they decided to go forward they had to decide who to get. Then something about 'a lot of thought for Neil' after acknowledging they had Mike. I swear he uses 4-6 extra words for every 1 word that would suffice.
What a Benedict Arnold.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I would think Lindsey would be very angry if an album comes out from the Mac. I would be very angry. I wonder how long Chris and John are going to stay. I thought I read somewhere John wanted to retire and Christine didn't stay too long after the Behind the Mask album and tour. I read she didn't think Fleetwood Mac was the same without Lindsey. She recorded on Time but that album is a mess.

If Stevie records, then for sure the problem is between her and Lindsey. What a shame.
I think any hardcore fan of the Rumours 5 will be angry. The fact that, allegedly 1 person has the ability to dictate how a band works, operates and actually, DOES THEIR JOBS--and his/her name isn't on the front door--ridiculous. But I've long said, these people don't operate in a reality based world.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think any hardcore fan of the Rumours 5 will be angry. The fact that, allegedly 1 person has the ability to dictate how a band works, operates and actually, DOES THEIR JOBS--and his/her name isn't on the front door--ridiculous. But I've long said, these people don't operate in a reality based world.
Of course they don’t. They’re a rock band. Isn’t that kind of the point?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-04-2018, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What a Benedict Arnold.
yes especially when you watch that video of the 'making of' what became the BuckVie record..... the hugging and "love you man" between LB and Mick.....