User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I think that's wishful thinking. I think LB is motivated for another album, I'm not so sure the rest are losing any sleep over it either way. They will or they won't I'm not sure it bothers them. If they were motivated they'd have enough power to get SN to do it. It's not worth the fight to them obviously.
I think now that Christine has returned re-energized that she must want to put out new material with this group of people one last time as well.

And I'm sure it would mean a lot to Mick, even though he can be easily contented with just touring for 5 more years as well. If he got an album, I think he would treasure it.

Michele
Old 11-10-2015, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I might be wrong but I read that as being the total revenue from all income streams. If they made over a million per show and (at the time) they'd played 86 shows then that would have been over £86m gross from ticket sales alone. Would that not suggest the £59.5m is their estimated net income from tickets, merchandise, record sales, etc???
I have reviewed many "Performance Contracts" and other forms of contracts. They can be quite extensive (or not) and lately, performance artists have gotten very savvy as to what they earn per concert. There's often a "minimum" take for each band and/or performer. They won't show until that money is "wired" into their account (now its all EFT or ACH transactions.) Its paid well beforehand so there is no misunderstanding on either the part of the promoter/venue or the artist. Plus they need to "book" these things many months in advance to ramp up sales and put the word out that someone is going to appear.

I don't know how they do their accounting on their end, BUT on the booking agency/ promoters end it is actually quite simple. We "book you." (and as a Booking Agency we also get a cut of $$$ too) We pay this and you get that. Note that its not all monetary compensation, BUT there's perks such as Craft Services (crafty) , food, alcohol,(dressing rooms/assistants/production assistants) transportation to and from venue, lighting requirements , stage requirements (riggers, grips/sound/roadies) and who is handling what.

Ever hear of a concert being cancelled for X reason. Well, it can be due to illness etc., but there's also Promoter Guarantees and that's where IF the artists doesn't sell Y amount, then the concert is cancelled. This rarely if ever happens with super groups like FM and Stevie. BUT, it can and does happen.

If you're extrapolating that the "Band" collectively made $86 Million on the last tour at $1,000,000 an appearance, you're right and you're wrong. That may have been the total gross before deductions, BUT tours these days are so expensive that its likely that the net was MUCH less than the quoted figures. Again, its all smoke and mirrors and the GAAP rules will apply once the figures are tallied. Often, the artist(s) will get a minimum for each appearance and that's all they really worry about. Don't worry though, Stevie has enough money to last all of us a lifetime, BUT I still suspect that the largest majority of her income is publishing and ownership rights and NOT touring. IN fact, from friends still in the business, a little birdie told me that the net is a wash or negative on some tours and or concerts. Overhead can kill everytime.

That overhead includes: Promoter, Venue, Management, Management Company, Road Crew, House Lights and Sound, Transportation, Hotels, Hospitality, Lawyers and their Paralegals, Security

There's so many hands in the Artists pocket that I often cringe when I see quoted figures. Someone is getting a piece of that ticket you just paid $300 for...... (and its NOT all going to the artist).
Old 12-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and Rolling Stones Make List of 2015’s Highest-Paid Musicians

Read More: Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and Rolling Stones Make List of 2015's Highest-Paid Musicians | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/2015-...ckback=tsmclip
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/2015-...otogallery-1=1

This past year was very lucrative for a number of classic rockers.
As is their annual custom, Forbes has crunched the numbers for the highest-paid performers in the music industry, and though no one came close to the record-shattering $620 million Dr. Dre earned in 2014 after selling Beats to Apple, there was still plenty of profit to go around — led by the $135 million taken home by pop star Katy Perry.
The classic-rock contingent on this year’s list is headed up by the perennial top-grossing Eagles, who raked in $73.5 million — good for fifth place in the rankings, and a stone’s throw from Taylor Swift ($80 million) and Garth Brooks ($90 million).
Also solidly in the black were the ninth-place Fleetwood Mac, whose latest tour brought in $59.5 million, and the Rolling Stones in 11th place, who reaped $57.5 million on the year. Further down the list are Elton John (No. 15, $53.5 million), Paul McCartney (No. 17, $51.5 million) and the Foo Fighters (No. 24, $38 million).
As Forbes‘ report points out, a fair number of 2015’s top-earning artists didn’t have new records out — and in some cases, haven’t released anything new for quite awhile — which reinforces a bottom line musicians have understood for years: Touring is where the real money is. With that in mind, analysts are already expecting a huge 2016 for Adele, who’s expected to tour behind a new album that’s spent its first two weeks on the chart breaking sales records.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Highest Paid Musicians in the World
http://gazettereview.com/2016/04/hig...ans-worldwide/

#8 – Fleetwood Mac ($59.9 Million per Year)

Fleetwood Mac is a band that formed back in the late 1960s by band members Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. Other members throughout the years include Bob Welch, Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer. The England rock band has seen a tremendous amount of success and has gone on to sell more than 50 million albums.

The band would receive mainstream success in 1975 when they released their album “Fleetwood Mac”. They had several hit songs including “Say You Love Me” and “Landslide”. During this time the band was falling apart as there was constant drama between the band members. To top off the relationship drama they were also dealing with their new found fame and being involved with drugs and alcohol. Nonetheless the band persevered and went on to release the album “Rumours” followed by the album “Tusk” and then began a year and a half long tour across the world.

The drama continued well into the 1980s and 1990s when two of the bands lead members (Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks) got into physical alterations which lead to Buckingham leaving the band and Nicks leaving soon after. In 1995 the remaining band members released an album called “Time” which was an overall failure, leading to the band officially disbanding. A few weeks later Fleetwood and Buckingham began working together again which eventually lead to a reunion. In 1996, Nicks, Fleetwood and Buckingham met up to record the song “Twisted” for the film “Twister” which helped lead to a live album called “The Dance” being released, which ended up being very successful.

The following year in 1998, Fleetwood Mac joined the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame although post-being inducted they took a long break from one another. All of the members continued doing performances on their own, especially Stevie Nicks who enjoys working alongside Sheryl Crow. Just recently they announced the original members were working together on a new album which will officially be their last.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gazette Review, April 15, 2016

Highest Paid Musicians in the World

http://gazettereview.com/2016/04/hig...ans-worldwide/

Fleetwood Mac is a band that formed back in the late 1960s by band members Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. Other members throughout the years include Bob Welch, Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer. The England rock band has seen a tremendous amount of success and has gone on to sell more than 50 million albums.

The band would receive mainstream success in 1975 when they released their album “Fleetwood Mac”. They had several hit songs including “Say You Love Me” and “Landslide”. During this time the band was falling apart as there was constant drama between the band members. To top off the relationship drama they were also dealing with their new found fame and being involved with drugs and alcohol. Nonetheless the band persevered and went on to release the album “Rumours” followed by the album “Tusk” and then began a year and a half long tour across the world.

The drama continued well into the 1980s and 1990s when two of the bands lead members (Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks) got into physical alterations which lead to Buckingham leaving the band and Nicks leaving soon after. In 1995 the remaining band members released an album called “Time” which was an overall failure, leading to the band officially disbanding. A few weeks later Fleetwood and Buckingham began working together again which eventually lead to a reunion. In 1996, Nicks, Fleetwood and Buckingham met up to record the song “Twisted” for the film “Twister” which helped lead to a live album called “The Dance” being released, which ended up being very successful.

The following year in 1998, Fleetwood Mac joined the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame although post-being inducted they took a long break from one another. All of the members continued doing performances on their own, especially Stevie Nicks who enjoys working alongside Sheryl Crow. Just recently they announced the original members were working together on a new album which will officially be their last.

#7 – Sean “Diddy” Combs ($60 Million per Year)