Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrart
Under Pressure - David Bowie/Annie Lennox - Freddy Mercury Tribute
I must be the only one who loathed that performance.

I love Under Pressure with Gail Ann Dorsey. They're just phenomenal together on that song.

Old 02-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I must be the only one who loathed that performance.
Bad boy .I love it. Musically and visually they were magnetic and the audience was so captivated that responded to every gesture from them, it was like a display of yin and yang combined. The rehearsals in the studio were great too. With David in a full dandy status (as always), with a light blue jacket, and a cigarette in his hand and Annie Lennox in black pants, white shirt, and leather vest. Before starting he was goofing around but as the band played the first notes he fixed his beautiful flirty eyes on her and Annie, who was a bit tense at first, immediately relaxed . It was already clear they were going to be magic onstage together.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 02-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
-Cheaptrick - I want you to want me. Idem. Was there even a studio version??
The whole Live at Budokan album (extended version) should be mentioned here. It's one of the ten best live albums ever in my opinion.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I RARELY listen to the '70's "Progressive Rock" genre anymore, but I remember Emerson, Lake & Palmer had their 3-LP live set Welcome Back My Friends..., which was pretty hot. Especially, "Karn Evil #9" and "Tarkus".

Gentle Giant's live album Playing The Fool was really good, too.

The early Genesis Live when Peter Gabriel was still in the band (and Phil Collins had just joined) was a progressive rock masterpiece.

And, of course, the 3-LP Yessongs by Yes was awesome.

In the years hence, King Crimson has released some live material from the early days when Greg Lake was in the band...which I hear from a couple of friends, who are STILL into the '70's progressive sound, are "just amazing".
Old 02-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I listen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
I RARELY listen to the '70's "Progressive Rock" genre anymore, but I remember Emerson, Lake & Palmer had their 3-LP live set Welcome Back My Friends..., which was pretty hot. Especially, "Karn Evil #9" and "Tarkus".

Gentle Giant's live album Playing The Fool was really good, too.

The early Genesis Live when Peter Gabriel was still in the band (and Phil Collins had just joined) was a progressive rock masterpiece.

And, of course, the 3-LP Yessongs by Yes was awesome.

In the years hence, King Crimson has released some live material from the early days when Greg Lake was in the band...which I hear from a couple of friends, who are STILL into the '70's progressive sound, are "just amazing".
to the modern progressive rock, Mainly Dream Theater (Who toured this past year as opening act for Yes and released the great 3 disc "Live At Budokan" set) & Nightwish (Great operatic female vocals in a genre dominated by male vocals)

I grew up on Yes, Kansas, King Crimson, Rush, U.K. (Allan Holdsworth guitar playing is sick!!!), ELP and the like...Just prefer the newer progressive artists due to better production values of the recordings.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."