Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I was a little surprised he posted the pic only because it's definitely not Stevie at her best. She had been through rehab by then (for coke) but was in the early Klonopin years. I'm sure there were worse photos around Mirage.
To me it looks like a pre-Betty Ford pic. Stevie has said she came back to the US from playing with Bob Dylan & Tom Petty in Australia, spent 10 days in the studio with Fleetwood Mac, and then began rehearsing for the 'Rock A Little' tour.

She did more recording with Fleetwood Mac later on, but my guess is that this pic was taken sometime around those 10 days.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
To me it looks like a pre-Betty Ford pic. Stevie has said she came back to the US from playing with Bob Dylan & Tom Petty in Australia, spent 10 days in the studio with Fleetwood Mac, and then began rehearsing for the 'Rock A Little' tour.

She did more recording with Fleetwood Mac later on, but my guess is that this pic was taken sometime around those 10 days.
Hmm.. he said this was during the making of Tango… and that has Welcome to the Room, Sara which was about Betty Ford, so….. hard to know the exact timing. Right before or right after rehab anyway!
Old 08-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Mr. Dashut just posted some commets about Stevie's song "Lady" from the upcoming 24 Karat album. In my opinion, his response confirms something I suspected about the purpose behind his doing this blog: Besides being a way for him to interact with fans, I wonder if he's using his responses -- and his knowledge of what the fans want -- to subtly lobby for a participatory role on the next FM album.

If that's what he's doing, I'm all for it! Here's the comment of his that makes me think he's trying to hop on board the upcoming album:

"As far as “Lady” goes, I really love the song a lot. Wonderful lyric & feeling. Reminds me of the way Stevie used to write, very sincere coming off the piano like that. However, it is probably about a minute too long & I think under produced. I really wish Lindsey & I together could have produced this one & gave it the time I think it deserves. I believe it could be a major song for her, even with the deep, mature voice. Use the piano feel for the main part, but dance in some of Lindsey’s guitars around her voice, background voices deluxe in the choruses & a concise arrangement,……. bingo! Can you say hit boys & girls?"
Old 08-27-2014, 10:52 AM

I need to think of some good questions. I saw someone asked about the LEDGE.

Yay, we're famous!
Old 08-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Yeah..To me it sounds like KISS LINDSEY'S ASS OR CONSEQUENCES.
So cynical. Why would he have any reason to kiss Lindsey's ass? He is not working with him anymore.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
Why is everyone so cynical around here? Richard stared in one of the questions, that he and Lindsey had lost contact for 20 years, but have renewed their friendship a couple of years ago. Just maybe they are really friends, and he wants to set the record straight, without getting paid for it, unlike Carol Ann and Ken. He did say that all he wants is an investment of fans' time, not their money.
Thank you for being a voice of reason.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Anonymous: When are you going to quit drugs

When God quits growing pot & I stop being productive on it. Thank you for your sensitive, insightful question.

Alright which one of you asked him that
I found that question so uncool and offensive. I'm impressed that he answered it diplomatically, with a clever slight dig.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

QUOTE=michelej1;1139814]So, it seems like when you know he is online, questions you post then have the best chance of getting picked.

i would ask some questions, but I don't want to deal with Tumblr.

Michele[/QUOTE]

I want to ask a question, but have no idea how. Some of the questions are so low-ball, vapid and stupid. Others go overboard and bombard him with a slue of questions. Some have no class, gratitude or sensitivity - but that's what social media has fostered. Yet, Richard easily glides over them with integrity. He is very impressive, sensitive and honest. We should be very grateful for what he is doing, so unselfishly.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-27-2014 at 02:29 PM..
Old 08-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^[/QUOTE]

I want to ask a question, but have no idea how. Some of the questions are so low-ball, vapid and stupid. Others go overboard and bombard him with a slue of questions. Some have no class, gratitude or sensitivity - but that's what social media has fostered. Yet, Richard easily glides over them with integrity. He is very impressive, sensitive and honest. We should be very grateful for what he is doing, so unselfishly.[/QUOTE]

It's really easy, I think someone has already explained in this thread. You just click on the 3 lines in the top left hand corner of the blog page, and it brings up a menu, then chose - ask me some stuff.

I was aware of the blog, but I've been so caught up with Stevie's new album news I haven't been keeping up with it. I had a really good look at it today and I'm so impressed. He seems like a genuinely lovely guy, answering questions sensitively with humour and words of wisdom. I didn't ask a question but I did tell him thanks for doing the blog
Old 08-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
So cynical. Why would he have any reason to kiss Lindsey's ass? He is not working with him anymore.
OMG...Have you read his responses on the blog? It's so obvious he's attempting to mend fences and get into Lindsey's good graces and work with him again, which I hope he does because Richard has his creative stamp marked on most of FMs and Lindsey's best work!

Last edited by Bandon; 08-27-2014 at 07:08 PM..
Old 08-27-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
OMG...Have you read his responses on the blog? It's so obvious he's attempting to mend fences and get into Lindsey's good graces and work with him again, which I hope he does because Richard has his creative stamp marked on most of FMs and Lindsey's best work!
I don't necessarily think so. Not doing a blog would probably be the best way to get on LB's good side. I don't think the band really appreciates him sharing all this information. I certainly love it.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't necessarily think so. Not doing a blog would probably be the best way to get on LB's good side. I don't think the band really appreciates him sharing all this information. I certainly love it.
I agree with you.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
^^^
I want to ask a question, but have no idea how. Some of the questions are so low-ball, vapid and stupid. Others go overboard and bombard him with a slue of questions. Some have no class, gratitude or sensitivity - but that's what social media has fostered. Yet, Richard easily glides over them with integrity. He is very impressive, sensitive and honest. We should be very grateful for what he is doing, so unselfishly.[/QUOTE]

It's really easy, I think someone has already explained in this thread. You just click on the 3 lines in the top left hand corner of the blog page, and it brings up a menu, then chose - ask me some stuff.

I was aware of the blog, but I've been so caught up with Stevie's new album news I haven't been keeping up with it. I had a really good look at it today and I'm so impressed. He seems like a genuinely lovely guy, answering questions sensitively with humour and words of wisdom. I didn't ask a question but I did tell him thanks for doing the blog [/QUOTE]

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Great point. I don't think Richard has any agenda other than to share his experiences and history. He sincerely just enjoys interacting with fans who appreciate his input.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know if he wants to work with him again, but I agree with you that he is still trying to mend fences. He at times lays it on a little thick with the "Lindsey is the world's greatest musical genius and I would have absolutely no life without him". I take his point, and I gather he feels he might have been ungrateful about the opportunities working with LB afforded him, but a couple of posts made me a little uncomfortable for him. I dislike seeing people grovel. Mind you I'm only talking about a couple of posts, and I do think his gratitude is absolutely genuine, but taken altogether he is definitely about publicly making up to LB for whatever happened.

From the totality of his posts it seems clear that he felt slighted or maybe unacknowledged for his work and maybe a bit taken for granted by the band (a situation LB talks about regarding himself)-- he did a lot for them personally--and now, after a few years of distance, the effects of age, etc he has taken a different perspective and has chosen to look at things through the lens of gratitude and sees the blog as a vehicle for expressing that.