Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Wow, does Carol Ann Harris have an attitude or what…

Someone mentioned on Richard's blog that Carol had posted a picture of Stevie and claimed it was herself.
Richard said well we'll post here and see what the story is and be fair.

So it's not clear if he then contacted Carol, or if she's following his blog and saw it herself, but seems she claims she couldn't tell if the photo was her or Stevie, and that the couch in the photo is one she still has so thought it was a photo of herself she'd never seen before (given to her by a pal).

Instead of graciously admitting, Hey, I'm human, I effed up, my bad, thanks for pointing it out she instead gets all immature and huffy and says:

"I just deleted the stupid photo that literally no one could tell if it was Stevie or me and as she’s my friend - this is what I said before I deleted it: About the photo: I was floored when I saw it and if I couldn’t tell it wasn’t me, then neither could she but I think it is her….hard to tell, but whatever. I love posting a picture of Stevie too - but I doubt if she could even tell…but let’s just say it’s Stevie and I’ll delete the whole thing. It looks like it could be either one of us - and I don’t really care. It’s a cool picture and if you read my posts above, I was floored by it. But who cares??? I’m over it…yes, we look alike, yes we have the same birthday and YES we are friends and have 2 different personalities and (now) lives. xxooxx”

ok, first of all, how old is this woman? And yet she responds in language like a teenage girl.

I hardly think she and Stevie are "friends" but ok. They certainly knew each other for years. But the 'we look alike, we have the same birthday, we can't tell ourselves apart' is a bit much. It just made me think, "live in the past much?" The piggybacking on other people's fame is just sad. Richard talks about the band too, yes, but he actually was a record producer, he was NAMED ON THE GRAMMY for album of the year. I don't mean to be harsh, but really, what is her claim to fame? Boinking Lindsey?? If she has her own career, talk about that, and not who you shagged 25 years ago.
Just to be clear, the response from CAH was what she wrote MONTHS ago when people first questioned the picture she had been sent and then posted. She blocked me awhile ago (saying I am seriously obsessed, on a trip, have a freak blog, that I'm weirdly jealous and engage in fan worship, that I likely have serious mental issues and that I should crawl back under my rock. FWIW) so I don't know if it got brought up again today but the stuff you bolded? Was from ages ago.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 09-25-2014 at 12:24 AM..
Old 09-25-2014, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Just to be clear, the response from CAH was what she wrote MONTHS ago when people first questioned the picture she had been sent and then posted. She blocked me awhile ago (saying I am seriously obsessed, on a trip, have a freak blog, that I'm weirdly jealous and engage in fan worship, that I likely have serious mental issues and that I should crawl back under my rock. FWIW) so I don't know if it got brought up again today but the stuff you bolded? Was from ages ago.
no, it was on Richard's blog new just tonight. I gather she must have sent him a copy of what she wrote when she took it down and he just reposted it in response to the person who had brought the whole thing up to him.

http://dickdash.tumblr.com/post/9836...e-fb-confusion

Wow… she said all that to you on her FB page??

What had you said to her, or commented on her page, if you don't mind me asking?

edited to add: I looked on your site and saw the exchange. wow.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-25-2014 at 12:48 AM..
Old 09-25-2014, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
no, it was on Richard's blog new just tonight. I gather she must have sent him a copy of what she wrote when she took it down and he just reposted it in response to the person who had brought the whole thing up to him.

http://dickdash.tumblr.com/post/9836...e-fb-confusion

Wow… she said all that to you on her FB page??

What had you said to her, or commented on her page, if you don't mind me asking?
Yes, I'm aware it was there. *I* sent that post as a submission to clarify what had occurred re. that photograph because the anon had implied something which didn't really happen and I don't hold with that. The photograph was posted and then it was deleted, and that comment posted within a few hours. That all happened MONTHS ago.

Yeah, she said all that. I actually wouldn't have known because even though she tagged me and called me out by name on her Facebook, I got immediately blocked so I had to rely on others to tell me what she said.

This open response I wrote up the day my blocking occurred should cover most of the bases you're interested in. To sum up, though, I think what happened was that I commented on her FB page (for maybe the second time ever). She LIKED that post. Then some people who are aware of both my FB identity (real name) and my Buckingham Nicks tumblr sent her messages telling her that I spend my time trashing CAH on my blog. I am willing to admit occasionally calling her a liar and laughing at some of her posts but I've never been particularly vicious. Anyway, she went off on her Facebook about it. Her comment to me and my response is here:

http://buckinghamnicks-ff.tumblr.com...ris-a-response

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-25-2014, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

CAH and Stevie don't look that much alike that I couldn't tell them apart. I don't see how CAH couldn't tell them apart.

Jenny looks a lot more like Stevie than CAH does.

Michele
Old 09-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Finally, I had to tickle him first, but he answered my questions!

shackinupnl :
Hi Richard, Ofcourse you can't answer every question, but something puzzles me. You answer questions about who did it with who in FM, if S&L ever talked about children, hair on asses and so forth. ( ofcourse also on very interesting topics). Recently I asked two questions: one about what your addition would have been soundwise on LB's latest three soloalbums, and how you would describe Lindsey's artistic vision that you refer to regularly. But no answers, until now.. Why? They're about art!

His answer:

Now this is a great example of good criticism & I accept it. I will take your comments into consideration & make changes if necessary. I have been surprised to see the ratio of human interest questions vs the high art & technical ones I expected. Perhaps in trying to answer back in proportion to the questions asked, I have gone overboard in my balance. I must admit, it has been fun to get a little more light & not so serious all the time, although I have covered a lot more of the artistic questions earlier & throughout this blog. There is a lot to read & see here, so it is understandable if you have not read it all & feel that way because of my recent focus on the human interest side. However, you deserve to have your question answered & I will try to provide more balance in the future.

First off, it’s almost impossible for me to know what his latest three albums would have sounded like with my influence, without me being there to react to his creative moves. So much for me is done without a plan and relies on the Zen of the moment. Having said that, I probably would have had a more inviting affect on the commercially minded Punters, adding my signature pop sound that I share with Lindsey when we worked together. In other words, I would have probably artistically screwed it up for the sake, at an attempt for radio play & commercial success.

As far as describing Lindsey’s artistic vision, why don’t you ask me a hard question? How about solid artistic rage funneled in to a single musical part, a passion for finding the right solution to a perplexing problem, keeping a song from reaching it’s full potential, a way of seeing things from the top of a creative mountain, when others see only from a repetitive, formula laden valley. The feeling that his next great musical moment is just around the corner & that you are witnessing a great moment in the continuum of music history. Or just hanging with a friend that always inspires you to be a better self than you ever could have imagined on your own. Simply put, the ability to look into a musically empty space from the future, drawing on the wisdom of the past & weaving a tapestry of musical notes, into a song of the present.

Hope this comes close to answering your question & thank you for your constructive criticism. All of us working together will make this blog worth reading, that’s the beauty of it.
….r

Last edited by shackin'up; 09-25-2014 at 05:51 PM..
Old 09-25-2014, 07:37 PM

I swear I knew this was you!
Old 09-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I swear I knew this was you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
shackinupnl :

well, shackinup netherlands? who else would it be!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-25-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
well, shackinup netherlands? who else would it be!
Ha! I didn't even catch that.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Ha! I didn't even catch that.
You know what? I signed up as shackinup, and the name was already given! How rude! So I had to put NL behind it!

Old 10-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I posted a question to Richard about the politics of another FM record, and here's what he thought:

Anonymous: Lindsey & Christine spent time earlier this yr together in the studio, and wrote or recorded together at least a dozen songs. In interviews they talked about an album dropping sometime early 2015. Stevie didn't join them, instead doing her own album. Now they're walking back any talk of when the next Mac album will drop. Stevie keeps saying she won't record w/ FM w/out Dave Stewart because he doesn't criticize her songs like Lindsey. Do u think she'll really not record w/ them now Chris is back?

No,I really believe that Stevie will record with Fleetwood Mac on this next record, Dave Stewart or no Dave Stewart. Perhaps a little of Lindsey’s creative criticism is just what’s needed to keep Stevie’s songs vital. (Just my opinion) Nobody is insensitive or self minded enough to deny the fans or history what it seemingly demands from the band, especially after Christine just re-joined and while the window of opportunity is still open. Time has a habit of ending the right circumstances quickly and the world is littered with missed opportunity. Sad. Now you see why I don’t miss this drama anymore, I actually did graduate middle school.

…..r
Old 10-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now you see why I don’t miss this drama anymore, I actually did graduate middle school.

…..r
That's funny. You know, I can't read him every day and then when I get behind I feel it would take me so long to catch back up. That just makes me allow more time to pass. So, I'm missing out on some good commentary.

Michele
Old 10-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That's funny. You know, I can't read him every day and then when I get behind I feel it would take me so long to catch back up. That just makes me allow more time to pass. So, I'm missing out on some good commentary.

Michele

and photos.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and photos.
Yes, just saw the picture of the three Buckingham brothers, the year before Greg's death. Very nice.

Michele
Old 10-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just read about the drunken senator who had to be dragged out of Christine's hotel room. I hope it wasn't Ted Kennedy!

Michele
Old 10-05-2014, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Just read about the drunken senator who had to be dragged out of Christine's hotel room. I hope it wasn't Ted Kennedy!

Michele
Bingo! That's where my money goes. Having grown up in Boston, it fits him like a glove.