The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Some of his comments are so sycophantic they make me want to give him a good shake. Love reading his answers though and the pictures are just brilliant.

Having asked a couple of unanswered questions here and there I decided to bombard him with about a dozen questions in a row. Despite some really good questions about his working relationship with Ken, songwriting, his views on Behind The Mask and so on he finally answered my most mundane question about whether he'd ever come close to an affair with any of the women in the FM circle. That seems the best way to go- a range of different types of questions all sent together at the same time.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've asked several silly questions, which he has answered. (No shipper questions - other people are covering that area). To me, questions about producing and album details and whatnot seem like homework. Like asking someone to do an Algebra problem from middle school…

I do understand the frustration about not having questions answered! Everyone is so excited about having a true insider resource, it’s easy to become frustrated when questions you would love to know the answer to, possibly have wondered about for years, get overlooked and/or go unanswered. (Especially when it’s something more relevant than Stevie cleaning the house or smoking cigarettes).

He probably enjoys all the attention and questions coming in. Most people like to talk about themselves and their interesting life experiences…If this man wants to smoke pot all day and talk about the "good old days" then so be it. I’m enjoying it!

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 08-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Some of his comments are so sycophantic they make me want to give him a good shake. Love reading his answers though and the pictures are just brilliant.

Having asked a couple of unanswered questions here and there I decided to bombard him with about a dozen questions in a row. Despite some really good questions about his working relationship with Ken, songwriting, his views on Behind The Mask and so on he finally answered my most mundane question about whether he'd ever come close to an affair with any of the women in the FM circle. That seems the best way to go- a range of different types of questions all sent together at the same time.
The pictures are an absolute godsend; some wonderful stuff.

The bombarding thing is what I do now. About six to ten questions a day and all of them as soon as I see him answering a question or two in a row. Half-anon, half with my name. Half SnL intensive, half more general and him-focused. I very occasionally get an answer but not usually. I'll take whatever he's willing to give in terms of answers, though, even if I find some questions a little inane. I'm sure people would find mine nosy and dull too so...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 08-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I don't know if he wants to work with him again, but I agree with you that he is still trying to mend fences. He at times lays it on a little thick with the "Lindsey is the world's greatest musical genius and I would have absolutely no life without him". I take his point, and I gather he feels he might have been ungrateful about the opportunities working with LB afforded him, but a couple of posts made me a little uncomfortable for him. I dislike seeing people grovel. Mind you I'm only talking about a couple of posts, and I do think his gratitude is absolutely genuine, but taken altogether he is definitely about publicly making up to LB for whatever happened.

From the totality of his posts it seems clear that he felt slighted or maybe unacknowledged for his work and maybe a bit taken for granted by the band (a situation LB talks about regarding himself)-- he did a lot for them personally--and now, after a few years of distance, the effects of age, etc he has taken a different perspective and has chosen to look at things through the lens of gratitude and sees the blog as a vehicle for expressing that.
In several of his answers he has shown to be hopeful that maybe they might work together again some day.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

I suspect the approach of bombarding him with questions is not going to endear him to you. Be grateful you got a response to a superfluous question.

I'm trying to come up with a substantive question that doesn't concern gossipy subject matters like sex or drugs, which seems to be the preoccupation of most of the questioners. I want to ask something related to his own character, musical tastes, perspective on adapting to a new world order in music and otherwise, etc...a question that is not so personally intrusive or tabloid-like.

I have yet to come up with anything yet. But I'm going to be careful to try to construct a question that might elicit a positive engagement and thoughtful response. What he is doing is really amazing. I want to be respectful.

What were the other questions you asked but weren't answered? I want to get a feel for types of questions he's more inclined to answer.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-28-2014 at 06:35 PM..
Old 08-31-2014, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I suspect the approach of bombarding him with questions is not going to endear him to you. Be grateful you got a response to a superfluous question.

What were the other questions you asked but weren't answered? I want to get a feel for types of questions he's more inclined to answer.
Well, a few days ago I asked about ten questions in a row all at the same time. Six of those questions have been answered over a period of three days;

Three of them were answered at roughly the same time;

'Hey Richard. Did you try hitting on Carol Ann Harris before Lindsey?'

'Dear Richard, Do you receive royalties for all the songs for which you are credited as a co-writer?'

'Dear DickDash, Sorry to pry- I was wondering what your pay arrangement was? Did you receive a monthly wage or did you receive money as a percentage of album sales/ticket sales etc thanks'

The following day one more of those questions was answered;

'I was wondering about Stacy B. She looks quite young. Is she a Fleetwood Mac fan. Was she a Fleetwood Mac fan before you met? Did she know who you are when you met?'

And the following day two more of those questions were answered;

'Hey Richard, Cool blog. I understand Lindsey has a bad temper. I read that Lindsey once attacked Ken in the recording studio. Was you there at that time? Cheers'

'Did you ever tell Lindsey his Tusk songs were a bit wacko (which most people generally thought at the time). Or could you see what he was getting at straight away?'

I've also asked him a number of times about his relationship with Ken. I have wondered why they didn't do more work together (away from FM). They seem like very different people and hung out a bit in the early days I get the impression it was less so later on. I get the impression Ken was a bit more aloof from the band. It seems as if Richard doesn't want to answer questions about his relationship with Ken.

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 08-31-2014 at 09:01 AM..
Old 08-31-2014, 10:07 AM

Wow your strategy is working..
Old 09-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, he reports being behind in questions, and bombarding him surely only makes the situation worse. If everyone sends even 4-5 questions, he could easily get hundreds of questions per day. That just pushes any previous unanswered questions further and further down the pile.

Then you end up with the situation where people write in and whine "ooooh I sent a bunch of questions and you didn't answer annyyyyy of them". Lord have mercy, how old are these people? Five?
Old 09-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I see that someone recently asked his opinion on how long Fleetwood Mac would continue and if we could expect that this latest tour and possible album would be their last project. Dashut's answer seems to be essentially "probably, so go see them while you can." Then again, one never knows, the Rolling Stones keep soldiering on..and on...and on... I made a joke to someone recently that it was my theory that Keith Richards has actually been dead for years and what we see at shows is either his spooky reanimated corpse, or his desiccated husk attached to marionette controllers and puppeteered through a performance by two specially trained roadies. I could be wrong, but hee hee, have you seen the guy lately? (I kid, I kid, now I've probably gone and upset someone)
Old 09-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HE ANSWERED A COMMENT OF MINE!!!yippee!! He must have been online because new ones were popping up while I was reading. I sent it in and.......bingo. I have sent in many before without him answering, so I am kinda pumped.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well, he reports being behind in questions, and bombarding him surely only makes the situation worse. If everyone sends even 4-5 questions, he could easily get hundreds of questions per day. That just pushes any previous unanswered questions further and further down the pile.

Then you end up with the situation where people write in and whine "ooooh I sent a bunch of questions and you didn't answer annyyyyy of them". Lord have mercy, how old are these people? Five?
So lacking is a sensitivity to what Richard is doing; no sense of empathy or consideration for the time and effort it takes to handle so many questions. I'm impressed how he handles the most banal or inappropriate ones with such aplomb; he's unflappable.

It's really a waste to ask questions about individual band members personal opinions/interactions - usually related to sex and drugs. He's not their mouthpiece, and he has shown a lot class by dismissing those questions in a polite manner. In this era of social media, some people seem to think there are no barriers.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-09-2014 at 04:49 PM..
Old 09-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
So lacking is a sensitivity to what Richard is doing; no sense of empathy or consideration for the time and effort it takes to handle so many questions. I'm impressed how he handles the most banal or inappropriate ones with such aplomb; he's unflappable.

It's really a waste to ask questions about individual band members personal opinions/interactions - usually related to sex and drugs. He's not their mouthpiece, and he has shown a lot class by dismissing those questions in a polite manner. In this era of social media, some people seem to think there are no barriers.
A number of the earliest questions on Richard's blog seem so invasive and related to the sex and drugs stuff. It looks like some questions are now popping up that are more related to the music composition and production. Hope this trend continues.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa W View Post
A number of the earliest questions on Richard's blog seem so invasive and related to the sex and drugs stuff. It looks like some questions are now popping up that are more related to the music composition and production. Hope this trend continues.
You can only get so many of the same questions asked in about 100 different ways before you get tired of answering it. Like you said, those early questions were about sex and drugs asked in several different ways. Maybe now all that is left is to answer the odd question about a particular production trick in a song, which is what I'd like to see much more of as well.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=sanders8323;1142059]You can only get so many of the same questions asked in about 100 different ways before you get tired of answering it.

I saw that he referred someone to the FAQ's when they asked yet another version of the "Do Stevie and Lindsey still love each other" question.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can somebody tell me how to post a question on Richards site?Much thanks