The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's Part 3 of the Wilderness Years blog.

http://barttheanorak.wordpress.com/2...s-part-3-of-4/
Old 10-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Rolling Stone

It won't happen! Unfortunately, several have tried. It should have come up though!

I do thank you all for your support, but now is a very important time to get this done. Please don't give up after all this time. It still can happen!

By the way, you might be interested to know that the original owners of this site offered to sell it to Bob, but we could not afford it, nor could we keep it up!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
It won't happen! Unfortunately, several have tried. It should have come up though!

I do thank you all for your support, but now is a very important time to get this done. Please don't give up after all this time. It still can happen!

By the way, you might be interested to know that the original owners of this site offered to sell it to Bob, but we could not afford it, nor could we keep it up!
But we can still spread the word about the Bob years in our own way. That's what I was already seeking to do through the blog entries. Thanks by the way to everyone who's looked at them. My blog's only in its infancy and you've given it its biggest figures yet!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
My blog's only in its infancy and you've given it its biggest figures yet!
What I like about the blog format is I can go back and add (or correct) stuff kind of like a wiki. Which reminds me I still need to add some things to my early Stones clippings posts...

http://hippiesstolemyblog.blogspot.c...e-some-of.html

Sorry to go off topic.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post

Have YOU tried contacting Rolling Stone with the story, though? I would think they'd take notice from you since you are Bob's widow and not just some wistful fan. Not to mention you have had direct contact with Mick Fleetwood regarding the Hall of Fame issue- it isn't second hand gossip coming from your lips. I assume Bob had a manager and/or publicist before his passing... perhaps they can help put you in contact with someone at Rolling Stone or another media outlet?

I don't think there's anyone on this board who doesn't feel strongly about this issue- we've all signed petitions, and I even asked John McVie about it back in 2004. As anonymous fans on a message board, there just isn't much we can do other than support your cause, unfortunately.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And finally here's Part 4.

http://barttheanorak.wordpress.com/2...s-part-4-of-4/