Old 11-27-2018, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Casual Mac fans find out the hard way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KChdWmVD_A
Old 11-27-2018, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
That was a pretty spot on piece. Thanks for posting it!
Old 11-27-2018, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm getting a bit bored with this feller.
I get the impression he's latched onto Fleetwood Mac for guaranteed hits and subscribers. I appreciate he's a Fleetwood Mac fan but suddenly every other video he makes is a commentary on Fleetwood Mac. He knows what he's doing. And though I agree with a lot of what he says.... he also says a lot of $&!T too.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-28-2018, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I get the impression he's latched onto Fleetwood Mac for guaranteed hits and subscribers. I appreciate he's a Fleetwood Mac fan but suddenly every other video he makes is a commentary on Fleetwood Mac. He knows what he's doing. And though I agree with a lot of what he says.... he also says a lot of $&!T too.
I got bored with him a long time ago. He's not really that knowledgeable about the band - he acts like he's an expert when he's clearly not. He has no insider knowledge; he has no credibility beyond that of your average YouTube commentator with a webcam (ie, zero). I don't know why people keep creating a thread every time he posts a Mac-related video.

Last edited by sodascouts; 11-28-2018 at 12:34 AM..
Old 11-28-2018, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I got bored with him a long time ago. He's not really that knowledgeable about the band - he acts like he's an expert when he's clearly not. He has no insider knowledge; he has no credibility beyond that of your average YouTube commentator with a webcam (ie, zero). I don't know why people keep creating a thread every time he posts a Mac-related video.
Completely agree with these.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-28-2018, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Completely agree with these.
I’m with all of you on this guy. He posts something about FM daily - sometimes multiple times. For awhile i figured this guy has to be a Ledgie because he talks about the band so much. Now I’m convinced he’s just a hack who gets most of his knowledge from here and via YT comments. Seriously, a thread pops up here and the next day he’s blabbing on and on about the same thing. While I mostly agree with what he’s saying about the present incarnation of the band and what went down with Lindsey’s firing, I’ve grown to immensely dislike this clown and his videos. Dude is obsessed with Fleetwood Mac and Journey (or with the views he gets by continuing to post about them) and just posts random rant videos daily. I followed him for a little while and quickly realized he’s a hack and has no better knowledge of these bands than anyone else with internet access.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I concur.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I concur.
But he's right. MOST casual fans had no idea what they were getting when they went to see FM. That penguin logo with NO pic was a huge indicator of what they were up to. As I said I know a bunch of people who were upset when they went to the concert and discovered there was no LB.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That penguin logo with NO pic was a huge indicator
Yes, even though they list the names (in relatively small type, and in a semi-circle), failing to picture the current band membership is an act of obfuscation and bad faith.

Last edited by cbBen; 11-28-2018 at 05:29 PM..
Old 11-28-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
But he's right. MOST casual fans had no idea what they were getting when they went to see FM. That penguin logo with NO pic was a huge indicator of what they were up to. As I said I know a bunch of people who were upset when they went to the concert and discovered there was no LB.
I don't disagree with him. I just think he's a douche bag.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't disagree with him. I just think he's a douche bag.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Just My Two Cents

I like him.

He's done Fleetwood Mac-related videos in the past, including praising the Buckingham McVie album when it came out. He's even talked about how the first album he ever bought was the 1975 Fleetwood Mac album.

He's not an expert on all the minutiae, but gets the broad strokes more or less right.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
My thoughts exactly.
I always love when we agree Nancy.. like once every 3 years..

$tevie made us allies.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't have a problem with these videos being posted if they're pertinent--just as long as there are some hints in the thread title or at least the post itself about what the video is.

Just personally, this kind of "loud, excited person talking at me through YouTube" thing isn't my cup of tea regardless of the content, but I had to click on this link to find out what the video was at all.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:20 AM
Ledgie

What's a casual Mac fan? Those people who work for various corporations who buy up boxes in stadiums? The folks who drop HUNDREDS of bucks without really looking at who's playing with a band? The "casual fan" who likes Fleetwood Mac because they scored the best tickets in their subdivision is a casual fan who deserves to be surprised when s/he doesn't know the line-up has changed. Caveat emptor, I guess, though it was mainstream news and social media for WEEKS—dozens of outlets, facebook, twitter, etc... The casual fan who wonders "where the guy is" isn't a real thing. It's utter nonsense what this guy is saying!!

The stuff about there being no melodic rock and how senior citizens are tasked with this "old thing" so many love? SPOT ON. The other part is s t r e t c h e d beyond logic.... Guy's welcome to share his thoughts, but it is interesting/troubling how "Real Music Observer" seems to come up with various permutations of Googling "Fleetwood Mac"—there isn't much fact behind the opinions and they're presented as if legitimate and backed up, as if he's making vaguely legal arguments...hmmmm. Again, that's dude's prerogative...his opinions seem similar to much of this message board and runs counter what what I've been hearing/seeing from a variety of people who've attended recent shows. Go figure.

Last edited by NurseDJackson; 12-03-2018 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: typo fixed; sentence added for clarity