Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink Beware

Lindsey Fan in the Stevie Room. :wink:

Ok, I am primarily an LB fan, but I love this band. That doesn't mean I love every member, song or album, but overall, FM is my fave band ever. I love pre-SnL and some post SnL but I love the 5 Fireflies era the most. Lindsey may be #1 for me but Danny Kirwan is my 2nd fave. Stevie is third.

All that to preface my feelings on Stevie. She really disappoints me with how all of this has gone down. I find that when her songs come on the radio...I change the channel. I can't enjoy them right now and that upsets me because I love a lot of her music. Yes, I believe she had something to do with Lindsey's outster along with Mick. Thick as theves....those two.

As far as her legacy, away from the drama. It is fantastic, yes. She has written some of the most amazing, heart-wrenching songs that will forever be my favorites, no matter what. Gold Dust Woman was always my fave live SN song. It was magical. Beautiful Child, Storms, Landslide, all those touch my heart, especially as I have gotten older and experienced tremendous loss lately.

Her personality is a pill though. I know LB used to be a pill too but I think he is more chill today, whereas, Stevie has gotten more and more unlikable. She frustrates me. I wanna like her and her wierdness but cannot. Maybe I have changed too and don't want to put up with certain crap.

I think its best that Lindsey is doing his thing and the two of them get a FM tour break from each other. I will not be seeing this iteration on tour....got LB tickets.

It will be interesting to see what happens with FM and as more time passes from Tom Petty's loss.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Unfortunately I suspect it reflects on how many people who continue to have interest in following the band have left this board because of how miserable the atmosphere has become around here.
Exactly my thoughts !!! I try to avoid all the negativity, but it's hard to ignore :-(

On topic: I'm still a Stevie-fan, always will be ... but I'm a music-addict, so lot of other artists that I admire. And yes ... her early work is her best ...so I treasure that.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I just did! One of the things I mentioned was I found it odd that the Buckingham/McVie tour dates thread hadn't been pulled down and replaced with the Mac dates.
Denial is a powerful coping mechanism. It's definitely indicative of the direction that the board has been allowed to take over the last couple of years. As the orange menace would say: Sad!
Old 10-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The events of this year have been the final nail in the coffin for me. But that doesn’t mean I don’t still love the music from earlier in Stevie’s career. However, any excitement or interest for her/FM’s future is definitely gone. It’s been a very long road for me to get here, and it began in 2006 when she toured with Tom Petty for free vs going back into the studio with FM. Stevie’s refusal to record with the band even after Christine’s improbable return greatly accelerated my being over Stevie. I’ve been a fan since 1993- I’ve waited for 25 years for a final album from the Rumours 5. So it’s not like I haven’t been patient. But I’m at peace with everything now. I don’t really care what Stevie and the band do or do not do from here out. It’s wonderfully liberating to not have the stress of waiting for new Mac music dangling over me anymore. I’ll always have the wonderful music of the past to enjoy, and for the first time, that’s enough for me. No more stressing over cash grab oldies tours or ill conceived solo projects- just simple enjoyment of what we already have. It’s a wonderful feeling!
I agree with everything you said. I'm definitely not burning her old albums in protest, but I feel like the excitement is just gone. When I was young (before the internet) I would force my dad to call Modern Records to get information on release dates. Aside from the quality of her last release being pretty disappointing, I'm mostly over her explanations of whats wrong with the music industry and why she doesn't want to record anymore or write anything new.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll always love her music. Its exactly what I feel music should be: magic. But as a person? Ugh...
Old 10-04-2018, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Her music will always be an important part of my life but she has done and said many questionable things. Her lack of interest to recording and only focusing on touring I think is personally crazy. She is already up in years and new music just doesn't seem like it will happen again.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

yes. to the power of infinity.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That’s a big fat yes. 2 years ago was a huge fan. Bye bye Felicia.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
That’s a big fat yes. 2 years ago was a huge fan. Bye bye Felicia.
I think you secretly want her to be your best friend.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I'm not over Stevie, but I'm pretty much over the Ledge, so much so that I can barely muster the stamina to type a response. If you don't like Stevie, fine. If you think Lindsey got a raw deal, fine. But it's over, it's done, it's a business deal that has nothing to do with any of us. Want to make a thread or two to vent your displeasure, also fine. But those folks who want to inject their venom into every thread in every forum are just plain nasty, and there's nothing you can post that's safe from them. I still lurk in hopes of picking up some news, but I can't tolerate the discussions. It's kind of like reading anything on Yahoo News....the article itself may be interesting, but reading the comments will make you renounce your faith in humanity.
My thoughts exactly...and they will all deny it is venom...but it is venom.