User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Also sorry to drag up this old thread but does anyone have a download link for this show? I really want to hear the Hold Me performance.
You can find it here:

http://www.buckinghamnicks.info/boots-fm
Old 05-28-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Also sorry to drag up this old thread but does anyone have a download link for this show? I really want to hear the Hold Me performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
I take the chance to remind everyone that I had collected all the available bootlegs in this thread: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...=54217&page=15
However Oakland was my favourite Mirage bootleg.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you both!!!
Old 05-29-2018, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I take the chance to remind everyone that I had collected all the available bootlegs in this thread: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...=54217&page=15
I just finished listening to it and you're so right! It's amazing. Stevie and Lindsey both sound fantastic-- Lindsey SO much energy. But idk why some of Christine's harmonies sound off somehow.... But the Hold Me performance is so great (though I do think Lindsey sounds better on it than Christine lol).
Also I wonder why they never performed Blue Letter again after this tour. It's a fun song live. Eyes of the World also so great live, I hate the chorus of the studio version but how they did it on this tour was so fun.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:12 AM

Quote:
I just finished listening to it and you're so right! It's amazing. Stevie and Lindsey both sound fantastic-- Lindsey SO much energy. But idk why some of Christine's harmonies sound off somehow.... But the Hold Me performance is so great (though I do think Lindsey sounds better on it than Christine lol).
Also I wonder why they never performed Blue Letter again after this tour. It's a fun song live. Eyes of the World also so great live, I hate the chorus of the studio version but how they did it on this tour was so fun.
Yes, the audio quality is also pretty crisp and it has one of the best Sisters of the Moon. I don't remember well about Christine's harmonies right now but I remember that on some shows she had a problem with her microphone or earplug and there was some sort of sound delay, however I do remember this show's Brown Eyes is great.
About Blue Letter probably it's because this was the last tour of the 5 before their reunion and by the time of The Dance they had better (more famous or iconic) choices for the encore. However I think that on the Shake the Cage Tour they could have pulled it off.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 05-29-2018 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: grammar error
Old 05-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, the audio quality is also pretty crisp and it has one of the best Sisters of the Moon.
There's a Frank Harding/Maureen Loftus bootleg release of the same show's soundboard, too. The audience recording was made by Jeff Samuels.

Quote:
About Blue Letter probably it's because this was the last tour of the 5 before their reunion and by the time of The Dance they had better (more famous or iconic) choices for the encore. However I think that on the Shake the Cage Tour they could have pulled it off.
Actually, didn't they play it on that tour?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-29-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Actually, didn't they play it on that tour?
I just checked and you are absolutely right, I had totally forgotten about it. I guess this mean it wasn't an unforgettable rendition of the song.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just checked and you are absolutely right, I had totally forgotten about it. I guess this mean it wasn't an unforgettable rendition of the song.
Didn't they play it on the early 1990 shows too before being replaced by Tear it Up?
Old 05-29-2018, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, the audio quality is also pretty crisp and it has one of the best Sisters of the Moon. I don't remember well about Christine's harmonies right now but I remember that on some shows she had a problem with her microphone or earplug and there was some sort of sound delay, however I do remember this show's Brown Eyes is great.
It's mostly just on Second Hand News when she comes in at the end, she sounds too deep for the song and how Lindsey and Stevie are singing. But you're right that the Brown Eyes performance is fantastic. This was arguably their best tour in terms of overall performance qualities if you ask me. Like someone else mentioned I think this was the last tour before Stevie's drug use really started to impact her performances in a negative way. But on the other hand I think this was the tour where Lindsey's drug+alcohol use was at its heaviest and it also showed, but not really in a bad way. Or maybe sometimes in a bad way, in some of the videos he looks a little too crazy lol. But lots of energy for sure.
But then again I also really love the Tusk tour. And the Rumours tour. And the 76 tour. All the tours tbh lol.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
However I think that on the Shake the Cage Tour they could have pulled it off.
They played it in the encore on that tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-29-2018, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Would you mind sharing what are your favorite bootlegs from all the other tours as well? There's a lot so I want to know which ones would be best to download lol.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Would you mind sharing what are your favorite bootlegs from all the other tours as well? There's a lot so I want to know which ones would be best to download lol.
Sure, however my tastes are peculiar. My personal favourites are:

1975 New Orleans, it's an audience recording but it's still a pretty good sound, all the performances were very energetic and it features my favourite performance of Rhiannon and one of the earliest performances of Go Your Own Way that at the time had the lyrics "You can roll like a thunder" instead of "You can call it another day".

1977 Osaka, good sounding audience recording, still an energetic show in a different way; the sound of the band had started to lean on the rougher side, Lindsey in particular I think had started to show the first punkish influences here in his guitar solos and it's also for this reason that this are my favourite Dreams and Gold Dust Woman performances. The other is that Stevie's voice at this time had an interesting rougher and lower sound because of a recent surgery to remove vocal nodules, so she had to rely on her lower register, it can be heard on all the Japan's shows but in Nagoya her voice was in a very bad shape, while in Osaka and subsequently Tokyo it was far better. I recommend you check also the audience recording of the Tokyo Budokan show (it's the same of the docufilm but it's whole) to compare the two permormances of Dreams.

From the Tusk tour I don't have particular favourites but I like different parts of various shows:
1979 Boston, to me this is the one that stands a little more out from the from the 1979 leg of the tour, for the clean sound and still fresh performances.
1980 Rotterdam the sound quality isn't very good, I had managed to found a slightly better copy but I forgot to upload it before I lost it in my PC crash, however it's the most passionate and intense show of the Tusk Tour in my opinion, Rhiannon in particular was a force of nature in its own way this night.

1982 East Rutherford again bad sound quality but amazing performance, inlcudes my favourite permormances of Sisters of the Moon and Brown Eyes, unfortunately I've lost almost the whole show in the PC crash I mentioned earlier but what's left is still here: http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...t=54534&page=3

1987 Salt Lake City, sounboard, a pretty great setlist featuring also Don't let me down again, the whole band put on a pretty good show.

For other tours the material is considerably less as you can see because I've already made a hard preselection and only kept the bootlegs I find are best.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Didn't they play it on the early 1990 shows too before being replaced by Tear it Up?
I actually didn't know that, the bootlegs I have don't feature Blue Letter as an encore, but I checked on BuckinghamNicksInfo and it's true, they alternated Blue Letter with Tear it Up until August then dropped the first altogether.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sure, however my tastes are peculiar. My personal favourites are:

1975 New Orleans, it's an audience recording but it's still a pretty good sound, all the performances were very energetic and it features my favourite performance of Rhiannon and one of the earliest performances of Go Your Own Way that at the time had the lyrics "You can roll like a thunder" instead of "You can call it another day".

1977 Osaka, good sounding audience recording, still an energetic show in a different way; the sound of the band had started to lean on the rougher side, Lindsey in particular I think had started to show the first punkish influences here in his guitar solos and it's also for this reason that this are my favourite Dreams and Gold Dust Woman performances. The other is that Stevie's voice at this time had an interesting rougher and lower sound because of a recent surgery to remove vocal nodules, so she had to rely on her lower register, it can be heard on all the Japan's shows but in Nagoya her voice was in a very bad shape, while in Osaka and subsequently Tokyo it was far better. I recommend you check also the audience recording of the Tokyo Budokan show (it's the same of the docufilm but it's whole) to compare the two permormances of Dreams.

From the Tusk tour I don't have particular favourites but I like different parts of various shows:
1979 Boston, to me this is the one that stands a little more out from the from the 1979 leg of the tour, for the clean sound and still fresh performances.
1980 Rotterdam the sound quality isn't very good, I had managed to found a slightly better copy but I forgot to upload it before I lost it in my PC crash, however it's the most passionate and intense show of the Tusk Tour in my opinion, Rhiannon in particular was a force of nature in its own way this night.

1982 East Rutherford again bad sound quality but amazing performance, inlcudes my favourite permormances of Sisters of the Moon and Brown Eyes, unfortunately I've lost almost the whole show in the PC crash I mentioned earlier but what's left is still here: http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...t=54534&page=3

1987 Salt Lake City, sounboard, a pretty great setlist featuring also Don't let me down again, the whole band put on a pretty good show.

For other tours the material is considerably less as you can see because I've already made a hard preselection and only kept the bootlegs I find are best.
Oh thank you so much for this! Very appreciated!!