Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Warner trolls on YouTube

The evil empire shut down both of my accounts. Bastards.

I wonder if they're planning to start up their own Mac channel for the upcoming tour.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So all of your videos are gone?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
So all of your videos are gone?
Yep. I guess they freaked out when they saw that the Gypsy vid had received 1.2 million views. Stupid record label, behind the times as usual, and taking it out on the consumer.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Yep. I guess they freaked out when they saw that the Gypsy vid had received 1.2 million views. Stupid record label, behind the times as usual, and taking it out on the consumer.
Dumb question, but how is that costing WB money?
Old 12-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Dumb question, but how is that costing WB money?
It doesn't. The vast majority of people who don't already own the song will download the song from iTunes or Amazon or buy the CD.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It doesn't. The vast majority of people who don't already own the song will download the song from iTunes or Amazon or buy the CD.
Then it seems like they have no reason to do that to you. From what I know, youre not that type of guy I.E doing illigeal **** like that so sounds like paranoia to me.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yep. When it comes to marketing and Fleetwood Mac, Warner's has always been genius. Not.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They took my Needles and Pins video down too. That was my vid with the most views. D:

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 12-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ggrrr. *sympathy hug*
Old 12-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
They took my Needles and Pins video down too. That was my vid with the most views. D:
I never knew there was such a thing.....I listen to that all the time while working out. Any chance you could post it here?

Thanks in advance....

Sarah
Old 12-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Daniel, I am sorry they are doing this to you. WB is just so far behind the times. If they do this, I only hope there is a valid reason, like beefing up the FM site or something.

Since Lindsey has embraced YouTube, I was wondering if FM will be releasing tour stuff or something official on YouTube or not. One can only hope and dream right? I mean it would be awesome if there was behind the scenes official FM stuff posted to YouTube. Can you imagine the number of hits a video would get if there was behind the scenes stuff with Stevie or whoever? To me, that would be the smart thing to do.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They took down As Long as You Follow, the most beautiful wintertime video ever.

(I found it's still on AOL Video, though )
Old 12-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Ledgie

The likely culprit removing our content is probably You Tube itself. We automatically assume Warner Music Group is the goat. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on the history of the label and how it's treated fans or artists in the past. Does anyone know Warner Music Group is no longer owned and operated by the same corporate entity that released Fleetwood Mac for the past thirty years? Remember when we heard all kinds of flack about the evils of WB corporate management during the change in artistic control which took place between the release of the Dance and SYW? Lindsey mentioned the new guard, of AOL/Time/Warner people at WB records, quite a lot during the SYW promo period. Much hay was made about their corporate control of artists during LB's first attempt at releasing GOS, up through the time period covering TISL and the release of SYW including the subsequent mega tour. Hardly a word's been uttered about the private equity firm that's owned and operated Warner's music division since 2005. It's a completely different label with a different focus. Strange how Lindsey in particular hasn't mentioned anything about this changing of the guard overseeing the release of his two back to back solo albums.

One of the first things the new Warner Music Group did differently from the past was embrace the internet. Until a few weeks ago when the deal ended, YouTube and Warner Music had an interesting revenue based promotional agreement breaking new ground for the music industry. That deal just ended. It's probably the reason WB fans had their content raided at You Tube. YT is pissed that Warner's wanted and subsequently went shopping for a better deal. The revenue stream at You Tube isn't panning out as expected. WB is seeking a more promising online partner. Not sure they will find one, but either way, it could be at WB's order, or YT unilaterally pulling the plug on our content in retaliation against WB.

Warner Music Group is not the same entity as the corporate conglomerate that still operates other parts of AOL/Time/Warner. In fact, several of the people known to be at the helm of the new WB music label are players who broke a lot of ground at Interscope records in it's heyday as an indie, and when that label was first taken over by Universal Music Group. Some of the same investors, too. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out in the near future at the new Warner's Music, as it relates to internet marketing, artistic control of content, and how well it handles dinosaur bands like Fleetwood Mac. How innovative can they be with a band touring behind no new music, selling the nostalgia nobody can afford to enjoy these days? Time precious time will tell.

Last edited by mgikallaroundme; 12-28-2008 at 06:02 PM..
Old 12-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
YT unilaterally pulling the plug on our content in retaliation against WB.
This is correct. As I said before - it's YouTube now yanking all Warner Music Group content, because negotiations have ended without coming to an agreement.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 12-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
This is correct. As I said before - it's YouTube now yanking all Warner Music Group content, because negotiations have ended without coming to an agreement.
If this were the case, wouldn't they state it was YouTube removing the video and not a third party? In the notice I received, the copyright owner is complaining about the audio track, which belongs to Warner...no? :

Dear SpyNote,

A copyright owner has claimed it owns some or all of the audio content in your video Fleetwood Mac Stevie Nicks Gypsy. The audio content identified in your video is Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac. We regret to inform you that your video has been blocked from playback due to a music rights issue.