User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think both Stevie and Mick will say something at the next concert, the hypocrisy of which will make me even madder.
They're both horrible people. Narcissistic a$$holes. I actually think Dick is worse than Old Goat Breath(not by much, though). He's a f*cking sleazebag. ZERO class.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
If Lindsey died, how could she live with herself? Look at what she put him through.
$he'll look into the mirror, and see her (plastic) beauty, and NOT FEEL A THING. $he doesn't care.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

well, we've got a group of 5 in which two have had major health scares in recent years -- John and cancer, Lindsey and his heart. We don't know if speculation about Chris's hands is really true, but something seems to be causing some level of reduced capability or stamina in her hands. So let's say 2.5 of the 5 people have had health issues. All 3 singers have noticeable loss of vocal ability. The oldest band member is what, 75? The youngest is turning 70. As so many of us have been saying, time is not on their side and the sand will inevitably run out of the hourglass for one of them sooner rather than later. Just makes this whole debacle (firing LB, touring with hired hands) that much more ridiculous. I'd love to think that hearing about Lindsey's open heart surgery was a scary shock to Stevie...and not that many years ago I think there was no question it would have been....but honestly, nowadays, I just don't know. That whole "one day when one of us dies the other will be sitting on a bed alone".....I'm feeling like that's not the case anymore. Unless it garners her more attention for herself-- you know, she could go out and do a song with pics of her and LB up on the screen behind her, like she does with pics of Tom.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think both Stevie and Mick will say something at the next concert, the hypocrisy of which will make me even madder.
Gosh I'm just not sure. They've gone so far off the deep end this time. And the polarizing effect of the lawsuit. And the evil influence of Azoff. And LB stopped pulling his punches after awhile with all that. Oh, and somebody in the band wanted to keep going with a replacement for John...I'd hate to think it was Mick but it was likely him or Stevie. So....their true, cold-hearted natures have been revealed in recent years....

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-09-2019 at 02:33 AM..
Old 02-09-2019, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Gosh I'm just not sure. They've gone so far off the deep end this time. And the polarizing effect of the lawsuit. And the evil influence of Azoff. And LB stopped pulling his punches after awhile with all that. Oh, and somebody in the band wanted to keep going with a replacement for John...I'd hate to think it was Mick but it was likely him or Stevie. So....their true, cold-hearted natures have been revealed in recent years....
All of those years I thought they were a family deep down and that the arguments were secondary to their true emotions. Now it looks like that was all a fantasy I told myself. I am turning out to be a bad judge of character. I used to read Charles and Anne Lindbergh’s work, starting when I was in high school, and I thought they had this enduring marriage.It’s been revealed that he had a secret family, with seven children by three different women, while Anne was having an affair with their family doctor. I may be very gullible.

CAH wrote about how uncaring they were after Libdsey’s epileptic incident, but I thought they were just suppressing their true concern or ....

I am not just a person who waited to see SnL embrace at the end of Sara, I was touched whenever Mick and Christine kissed him too. I’ve never seen John kiss Lindsey, but when they clasped hands at the end of the BTM show (after it looked like they wouldn’t), I teared up. I have been such a sucker.

Last edited by michelej1; 02-09-2019 at 01:33 PM..
Old 02-09-2019, 03:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I desperately hope Stevie especially realizes life is too short not to reach out to Lindsey at this time. Even if she doesn't want to work with him again, she should care enough about him to do that. Hopefully dancing around your apartment rejoicing in your own happiness doesn't preclude caring when someone who was once "like a husband" to you almost dies.

The others should reach out to him, too... but she bears a greater responsibility because of the interweaving of their lives for the past 50+ years.

Prayers for Lindsey's recovery.
Totally agree with you on this. I don't think that anybody is responsible for a disease, BUT they ARE responsible for how they have treated each other. Although we can't look behind the scenes I feel for Lindsey and I really hope that the Rumours 5 get together (not necessarily as a band) over this again.
Why? They are magic together. Sure: they do have a lot of bad habits in dealing with each other but underneath it all I always felt that they are still bound together by fate.

But apart from that I only hope that Lindsey gets well soon, is surrounded by love and gets to enjoy his life as he pleases again.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Lindsey died, how could she live with herself? Look at what she put him through.
Oh, she will. I think she isn’t herself anymore, if you know what I mean. Her yes people is running her life. So, let’s see if she cares this time.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really hope they leave that duty to Christine. They don’t need to antagonize what’s left of their fans anymore.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-09-2019, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know this maybe should be in Present Band forum...but it’s approp here..
as it involves the five.

“Landslide”.dedication tonight ....wonder if she’ll mention Lindsey.
Maybe Mick will include Lindsey in his bit at the end.

Bad form if they don’t, but hypocritical if they do.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I know this maybe should be in Present Band forum...but it’s approp here..
as it involves the five.

“Landslide”.dedication tonight ....wonder if she’ll mention Lindsey.
Maybe Mick will include Lindsey in his bit at the end.

Bad form if they don’t, but hypocritical if they do.
It’ll be Christine on “All Over Again.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-09-2019, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

so a window drops in my house and needs repaired, then a gust of wind comes up and blows siding off the second story, now I'm getting upset and the spouse says 'what's gonna be number 3?' ...and here we are.

Deepest respect to Lindsey for all his hard work and hoping he can mend.
I can't imagine that he won't have to slow down from here on out after that but we all have to sometime. If he had been with the Mac this could have happened during a performance and time to get him to hospital could have been hampered. ...so maybe things do work out for a reason...

...mind you that's still no excuse for how they treated him, I'm still having trouble listening to them because this is all still too fresh in my mind.

I'm not going to blame them but ditching him was WORST. MOVE. EVER.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a ****ty year for Lindsey. Feel sorry for him.

They better mention him at the gig.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Oh please no. Do you think they would have enough sense not to go there?
What next...Landslide dedication with Lindsey's photo in the background.

You are on dangerous grounds Mr Spicoli
Old 02-09-2019, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bull! Everyone knows she got him kicked out of the band that he made famous for “smirking” at her. One of the most juvenile, self-centered reasons ever. She gave the band an ultimatum about a man who was almost 70 years and who had been a band mate for decades. She put him and his family through hell and a lawsuit. Totally selfish. She is a taker. He is a giver. He gave the band his best work and got kicked out by the petty princess. If he would of died, she would somehow make his death all about her pain. She would be the victim, someway, somehow.
I remember in an interview, Stevie said that if either of them ever ended up in a life threatening situation and was in the hospital the other would be on their way to see them. Time to find out if that's true...
Old 02-09-2019, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I remember in an interview, Stevie said that if either of them ever ended up in a life threatening situation and was in the hospital the other would be on their way to see them. Time to find out if that's true...
She said so many things about Lindsey in the past and half of them were a lie, so why would be different this time? Because he almost died? She knew it could happen given his family history when she fired him, and that didn’t stop her.