Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Distant Cousins with Royals

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...etwood-2296467

The Mirror, by Richard Smith September 24, 2013

Prince William is related to legendary Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood, it was revealed yesterday.

Wills shares the same family tree as rock royalty Mick, aged 66, through an ancestor of his late mum Princess Diana.

The pair are sixth cousins three times removed.

They are connected by Diana’s ninth great-granddad Edward Lascelles who was also Mick’s sixth great grandfather. Lascelles was born in Northallerton, North Yorkshire, around 1702 and died aged 45.

Tonight, supergroup Fleetwood Mac play the first of three sell-out shows in London on their comeback tour of Europe.

Drummer Mick was a founder member of the band in 1967 - but he was not the first person in his family to find musical fame and fortune.

His fourth great grandmother Anne Catley was one of the most popular entertainers in 18th century London, research by family history website Ancestry.co.uk shows.

Anne was born in Tower Hill in 1745 and started singing in local taverns when she was aged ten.

She demanded a nightly performance fee of 40 guineas - equal to £5,000 today - and delighted Georgian society with her stunning good looks, “loose tongue” and working class roots.

Drummer Mick is the son of an RAF fighter pilot.

He was born in Redruth, Cornwall but has lived in the USA since the mid Seventies.

His second great uncle Robert Jenner was High Sheriff of Glamorgan in South Wales in 1827.

Miriam Silverman, Ancestry’s UK content manager, said yesterday: “It seems like Mick Fleetwood was always destined to be famous with both royal and celebrity connections in his family tree.”

Fleetwood Mac singer Christine McVie is expected to return to the stage for the first time since 1998 by making a guest appearance at one of the O2 Arena gigs in London this week.

Tickets for tonight’s show have been selling for up to £297 each as desperate fans hope to see her rejoin the rest of the band which made their classic number one album Rumours.

The 1977 smash hit clocked up global sales of 45 million copies - making it one of the biggest selling albums of all time.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...#ixzz2flhkojBX
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Old 09-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

6th cousins 3 times removed? I don't even think I can fathom that. At what point do we just officially say "not related"?

Kinda fun factoid, though. Although I'm not sure the royals are a family I'd want official ties with. Having a grandmother who was an 18th-century London entertainer, though... That's something I'd be all over.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
6th cousins 3 times removed? I don't even think I can fathom that. At what point do we just officially say "not related"?
I know. Aren't we all probably 6th cousins 3 times removed from everyone?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I know. Aren't we all probably 6th cousins 3 times removed from everyone?
We must certainly all be at least that related to someone "royal". That could be the premise of a genealogy website. howroyalami.com. I smell a hit.