User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sugar Mouse has been respectful in every way, lovethemac. Surely he/she has the right to express their opinion on any thread, especially if they're respectful when doing it. Besides, people angry about Lindsey being fired are commenting on threads about looking forward to seeing the new line up live, poking the bear, as you put it. And I have no problem with that, until it dissolves into name calling.

This thread is titled "Mick denies Stevie Nicks kicked Lindsey out," so surely it's going to catch the attention of people on both sides of the fence. Telling someone to shut up because they don't like their opinion is wrong, and I don't understand why more people don't agree with that. I would have said the same thing if Sugar Mouse had told you to shut up... but he/she doesn't say things like that to other people.
That’s not why Homer said “shut it”.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2018, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
We used to get sent to the Principals office if we said Shut Up to someone ....it wasn't tolerated at school and is offensive/ insulting / and unnecessary thing to say.

To be fair, I pretty much disagree with everything you have to say bwboy, hahaha....!!!!
But you are entitled to your opinion and by all means contribute what you think, I won't result to name calling or dirty tactics because we don't agree.
Thanks Angel75 And I really mean that! And if I fall in that trap of being insulting or offensive as I have in the past, please call me on it.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Nah, he'll whisper in it your ear if you tack on an extra $400 at his $600 'Meet and Fleece' events.
NOT MY ****ING EAR! I'M NOT THAT STUPID!
Old 05-26-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
He told Sugar Mouse to shut up because they hadn't been on the board a month yet. Not sure why that would make it ok, and it doesn't matter why he said it, it wasn't necessary and it's not ok. If I'm a bully for saying he shouldn't have said it LOL then I'll wear that badge no problem.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick always stays true to form..He will say or do just about anything for $$$. One of the greediest and most money grubbing characters in rock history.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sugar Mouse has been respectful in every way, lovethemac. Surely he/she has the right to express their opinion on any thread, especially if they're respectful when doing it. Besides, people angry about Lindsey being fired are commenting on threads about looking forward to seeing the new line up live, poking the bear, as you put it. And I have no problem with that, until it dissolves into name calling.

This thread is titled "Mick denies Stevie Nicks kicked Lindsey out," so surely it's going to catch the attention of people on both sides of the fence. Telling someone to shut up because they don't like their opinion is wrong, and I don't understand why more people don't agree with that. I would have said the same thing if Sugar Mouse had told you to shut up... but he/she doesn't say things like that to other people.
Thank you for your comments.

Poking the bear means making comments intended to annoy someone, over and over. If someone who is upset over this scenario wants to see the band, and makes comments to that effect.......that's not poking the bear.

I do agree that Sugar Mouse is polite, but it's a really passive aggressive way of shoving Neil Finn down my throat every time I read any posts of his/hers. I'm tired of reading how good this is going to be, I don't agree with that, and I avoid any and all threads relating to Neil Finn, CH, TP/MC. And I certainly don't spend my time trying to convince SugarMouse that my point of view is correct. So when he/she turns up in every thread trying to make me see his/her side of the coin, then gets offended when someone is tired of that point of view, I think he/she needs to own a bit of it. No one here would tell someone to "shut up" unless they had reached the point of poking the bear one too many times.

Any conflict is usually a two way street. So don't call foul when you poke the bear and get some push back.

Last edited by lovethemac1; 05-26-2018 at 09:24 PM..
Old 05-26-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh, I've really tried to stay out of this but I'll just leave this here (not that it matters since I'm not a mod):

I agree that a newbie gushing all about Neil Finn, posting videos of his performances, and repeatedly parroting the 'official narrative' for Lindsey's dismissal in the Rumours forum seems deliberately provocative.

Normally, I'd otherwise agree that telling another member to 'shut up' crosses a line. As it stands, I'd just as soon ignore arguments between members and intend to do so moving forward.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Mick always stays true to form..He will say or do just about anything for $$$. One of the greediest and most money grubbing characters in rock history.
This.
He still have 20million in the bank but that's still not enough to live out his next 20 years....he still must flog the old horse dry
Old 05-26-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Thank you. I broke NO RULES, but was being "threatened" with a spanking. If you don't know the rules, you probably shouldn't speak. Is that a nicer way of saying it?

I think someone has "a thing" for me.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
God, you are the best! Thank you.
You're welcome.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
This.
He still have 20million in the bank but that's still not enough to live out his next 20 years....he still must flog the old horse dry
With all the coke snorted and booze guzzled by this shyster and for years on end I would be shocked if he made it past 80.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
With all the coke snorted and booze guzzled by this shyster and for years on end I would be shocked if he made it past 80.
Yeah I was being pretty generous with 20 years

It still surprises the hell out of me that MF and SN are seemingly fit and healthy after all those years of coke and booze....maybe only the good die young?!

Last edited by Angel75; 05-26-2018 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-26-2018, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lol what, were people expecting him to say yes? Tell the people from TMZ that it's all true and that's exactly what happened?
Old 05-26-2018, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Ugh, I've really tried to stay out of this but I'll just leave this here (not that it matters since I'm not a mod):

I agree that a newbie gushing all about Neil Finn, posting videos of his performances,
However, the moderators have said that it’s perfectly acceptable to post about the new lineup in this forum. You don’t have to like it, but that’s not breaking any rule.

Quote:
and repeatedly parroting the 'official narrative' for Lindsey's dismissal in the Rumours forum seems deliberately provocative.
No more ridiculous than speculating that it was all Stevie’s doing.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I think someone has "a thing" for me.

David if I didn't think you were a dude
I'd call this a cat-fight.