Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:32 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I respect your opinion but just wanted to say that to me SYW is a very good album and I am glad to have all those songs. I would always welcome another double album from FM.That's a whole slew new songs for us to enjoy the rest of our lives. Music that we deserve.
Thank You.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
They pay Lindsey.

He does not produce their stuff for free.

He gets the producer's fee and he gets the producer's cut of the royalties.

He's not dumb, and even if he were, he has his own manager, lawyers, etc. who would not agree to him doing all that for free.

Stevie has been quoted in the past as saying because of his producer royalties he's gotten more money than the others.

Bands may start out as doing it for love but it's business and that stuff ends fast.
Let me rephrase that so you understand the intent of what I was saying:

An outside producer would take the pressure off both of them, but honestly, I think they'll let Lindsey do it so they don't have to pay someone else, who might cost more.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 12-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Let me rephrase that so you understand the intent of what I was saying:

An outside producer would take the pressure off both of them, but honestly, I think they'll let Lindsey do it so they don't have to pay someone else, who might cost more.
I don't think cost has much to do with it. Lindsey has produced so much of the band's work because they have been largely successful under his guardianship. An outside producer might, in theory, make Stevie feel more comfortable, but the reality is that the best FM projects are homegrown. This is partially because these five people together are idiosyncratic and difficult to tamp down.

For all its flaws, SYW turned out to be a really rewarding project, perhaps the band's most substantial offering since Tusk.

I doubt an outside producer will be brought in, as Christine and Lindsey have already worked on nine songs as a team. At most, someone buffer might be brought in to negotiate drama between Stevie and Lindsey, but this album--if it ever sees the friggin light of day--will most likely be a Lindsey/FM production...
Old 12-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I doubt an outside producer will be brought in, as Christine and Lindsey have already worked on nine songs as a team. At most, someone buffer might be brought in to negotiate drama between Stevie and Lindsey, but this album--if it ever sees the friggin light of day--will most likely be a Lindsey/FM production...
This is my expectation, too, but it's fun to speculate!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 12-16-2015, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's ironic, you would think that having Christine out of the picture in 2003 it would some how give them room to be themselves again. They just don't see eye to eye musically or in life. And the EP was so telling of the disconnect.
I felt this way about SYW.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I felt this way about SYW.
When Twisted was about to come out... I thought.. "Wow!! B/N together." I ran and bought the whole album so I could listen to the song. I remember being disappointed they listed it as Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham vs. B/N.

And of course I was wanting that amazing chemistry they had on B/N, White Album, and Rumours... And I remember being so disappointed.. There's a disconnect that I hear, just like there is on SYW and the EP.
There's a 2011 Wiltern version of Soldier's Angel that I can barely get through. Mostly because of the droning.

I wish they would sit down and write together in the studio like Christine and Lindsey do. Or even the three of them would write something together.
Make some magic and quit marketing yourselves on the past. It doesn't work musically. It does work dollar wise because their relationship sells.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-17-2015 at 09:29 AM..
Old 12-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be glad to see this released in LP only.Hahahahaha.Just to bust stones with the digital fans.Just to show them what quality sound is and not that horrible tinny digital sound with artifacts swishing around in the music to make it sound like crap.Sorry .I could not resist.LOL................It must be the apple cider.LOL................................

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-17-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I'll be glad to see this released in LP only.Hahahahaha.Just to bust stones with the digital fans.Just to show them what quality sound is and not that horrible tinny digital sound with artifacts swishing around in the music to make it sound like crap.Sorry .I could not resist.LOL................It must be the apple cider.LOL................................
I remember how good LP's sounded on the speakers... especially with good woofers...
Old 12-17-2015, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I remember how good LP's sounded on the speakers... especially with good woofers...
I agree 100 percent.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree 100 percent.
I've bought more vinyl in the past two years
than the previous twenty combined.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I've bought more vinyl in the past two years
than the previous twenty combined.
Yes. The same here excluding the bulk freebies I've received in the last few years.I'm so happy vinyl is coming back.People are waking up and noticing they are better then digital.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What about CD? Plus I'm sure most people don't own a turn table. I've never in my life had one or used one.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Plus I'm sure most people don't own a turn table. I've never in my life had one or used one.
You are missing out!!

I always likened the sound of a record / turntable to real-life voices and instruments. When I play a CD, it sounds to my ears like a perfect, cold, crisp recording. But when I play a well mastered record, if I close my eyes it almost sounds warm, like the band is playing live, there, with me.

Records just sound more real. It's difficult to explain any other way.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
What about CD? Plus I'm sure most people don't own a turn table. I've never in my life had one or used one.
They were crap when they first came out.They've gotten better over the years.For current digital releases with no vinyl .I rather have the CD then any downloaded music off the internet.Its like throwing money out in thin air without getting a physical copy of it.And most digital downloads sound like crap through a good system.They are great for portable use like an Ipod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
You are missing out!!

I always likened the sound of a record / turntable to real-life voices and instruments. When I play a CD, it sounds to my ears like a perfect, cold, crisp recording. But when I play a well mastered record, if I close my eyes it almost sounds warm, like the band is playing live, there, with me.

Records just sound more real. It's difficult to explain any other way.
I agree.You get the warm sound from vinyl.I also love looking at the artwork without using a magnifying glass .

If FM ever releases this Loooooong awaited album.I hope they make a LP version.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't like remastered records that much. I love hearing the natural habitat in and for which the songs were recorded - vinyl. After5 yearswithout a turntable, I now do not listen to CDs anymore. It's vinyl or mp3.