User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You are getting soft in your later years..
"LATER YEARS"?!?!?

I resemble that remark!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
"LATER YEARS"?!?!?

I resemble that remark!
Only because we spent the early years on this site.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Only because we spent the early years on this site.
It's kind of sad that when we talk about FM things that happened 16 years ago, it feels as if it was TWO years ago. If the next 16 years goes by as fast as the last have, I'll be dead soon.

Oh well.

Michele
Old 11-20-2013, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A cheery thought.... I guess one consolation is that it happens to us all...
Old 11-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's kind of sad that when we talk about FM things that happened 16 years ago, it feels as if it was TWO years ago. If the next 16 years goes by as fast as the last have, I'll be dead soon.
It'll be 2029...just in time for the 50th Anniversary re-release of Tusk (on a 4GB Flash Drive...which will include the original album, bonus studio tracks (outtakes & demos), live tracks, & the Making Of Tusk documentary, with bonus scenes that were originally cut from the VHS).
Old 11-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
It'll be 2029...just in time for the 50th Anniversary re-release of Tusk (on a 4GB Flash Drive...which will include the original album, bonus studio tracks (outtakes & demos), live tracks, & the Making Of Tusk documentary, with bonus scenes that were originally cut from the VHS).
Well, the truth is, you're absolutely correct, but all of this will happen in 2027 for the anniversary of RUMOURS.

Michele
Old 11-21-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, the truth is, you're absolutely correct, but all of this will happen in 2027 for the anniversary of RUMOURS.

Michele
In 2027, they give you a pill and you can go to any show they've done. Then go backstage and ride in the limo.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Those two screams are no problem, but what bothers me is the nonstop chatter that someone (unfortunately near the recorder) thinks his concert going companion is going to find more interesting than the music. Why do people do this?? Pay good money for a concert ticket and then talk loudly while the music is playing instead of listening!!! Goes on my list of the worst behavior ever.
I think this particular gig was an opening act gig for the Fleetwood Macs.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-25-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Deep Purple perhaps?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Deep Purple perhaps?
Doubt it. After Clifford Davies was given the boot as manager and a little bit later after Welch left, they definitely traveled in different circles. They stopped opening for the harder British rock bands & were opening for softer rock American acts like the Dave Mason Band (yes, I know Dave's British, but he'd moved to the States quite early in his solo career), Loggins & Messina, Steve Miller Band, etc. But, that didn't last long before they started consistently getting headlining gigs.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This doesn't excuse the behavior. Talking loudly through an opening act is just as rude as talking during the headliner. And it deprives the audience member who's doing the talking of possibly discovering a new band that they will like. It's just plain wrong!
Old 11-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've found some of my favorite music from Fleetwood Mac's opening acts:

The Cruzados (whose bass player went on to spend some time in Rick Vito's solo band

Sanford-Townsend Band (they were MUCH more than just "Smoke From A Distant Fire", although the record charts won't tell that. )

Mistress (which originally had Dave Walker as their lead singer, I found out about 25 years later, after seeing them twice)

Stephen Bishop (who went on to bigger & better things)

Christopher Cross (after hearing "Ride Like The Wind" echoing through the canyon as I was walking to my seats at the Hollywood Bowl will be a lifetime memory. Although I can't stand most of Christopher Cross' material, that one song just hit me a certain way that night)

And, established artists who were already among my faves had opened for Fleetwood Mac at one point or another:

Little Feat (for a few years in the early-mid '70s, they were the opening act for a majority of the concerts I attended. I had to tell people around me to "shut up & listen" during their set & lo and behold, those people's jaws were on the floor in awe of Little Feat by the end of the set...as was mine, EVERY time!)

Dave Mason (one of the few acts who has been both the headliner and the opener on a bill that included Fleetwood Mac...and, to top that off, then later a member of Fleetwood Mac)
Old 12-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Thanks for posting this. I'd heard it before but didn't have it saved on my current computer.

Those two screams are no problem, but what bothers me is the nonstop chatter that someone (unfortunately near the recorder) thinks his concert going companion is going to find more interesting than the music. Why do people do this?? Pay good money for a concert ticket and then talk loudly while the music is playing instead of listening!!! Goes on my list of the worst behavior ever.
We Americans can be very loud, obnoxious, and inconsiderate. Attention deficit runs rampant, and there is a lack of civility and politeness to others, and it's only getting worse. I'm feeling so positive today! lol

The band was a little more nimble with their set lists back then. I wonder what inspired Christine to perform this one-off, somewhat obscure song at this show.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-01-2013 at 02:59 PM..
Old 12-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
They were a little more nimble with their set lists back then. I wonder what inspired Christine to perform this one-off, somewhat obscure song at this show.
Bob, you already know the answer to this. The explosion of S&L hadn't happened yet so they were playing it safe by performing familiar songs to an audience that was accustomed to seeing them live in the pre B/N days.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
We Americans can be very loud, obnoxious, and inconsiderate. Attention deficit runs rampant, and there is a lack of civility and politeness to others, and it's only getting worse. I'm feeling so positive today! lol
Forget just slighting the opening act. If there was attention deficit back then, just think how social media has greatly changed things. Honestly, if the two Beatles were resurrected and joined the others you couldn't enjoy the performance for all the people pushing and screaming to use their camera phones and trying to get a selfie with the Fab Four on stage as their backdrop.

Michele