User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
If Stevie's recent effort Show Them The Way is an indication of where she is now then she is done.
She said STTW is in her top list songs. I think that song's problem is the producer. Why he thought that needed to sound like a Calvin Harris or Zedd song
Old 03-05-2021, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
OK! It's official - I LOVE YOU!!

You are my spirit animal! Laughing my *** off!!!!!!!!
I aim to please! Stevie’s ridiculous behavior just allows that stuff to write itself!
Old 03-07-2021, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A friend of mine down in El Lay who knows some people in the industry just told me that Nicks is going to tour New Zealand with Neil because there is no covid there. I have no idea if there is any truth to it .It would not surprise me if she recruited Neil and greedy old Mick for her solo band .I believe that will happen before a Rumours five farewell tour. I just can't see that at this point. She truly hates Lindsey bitter old harridan that she is .
Hi Bombay, fyi, somebody on Twitter may've taken your post to Twitter and done some revision... unless this is you!
https://twitter.com/benrdavisuk/stat...91719885172737
Old 03-07-2021, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

“What great misinformation if it's not true, but if it is true what a treat for frenz in NZ, Crowded House with special guest Stevie Nicks”

Not if he wants to stay in Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-07-2021, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Hi Bombay, fyi, somebody on Twitter may've taken your post to Twitter and done some revision... unless this is you!
https://twitter.com/benrdavisuk/stat...91719885172737
Nah that kid looks young enough to be my grandson. It seems like he did cut and paste part of my post though. I guess I should be flattered.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A tour of New Zealand is literally 4 cities that could support a major production - Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin. It would make no economic sense unless you can do Australia as well.

Also, I really don't think staying in Fleetwood Mac is a major going concern for Neil. He got a good payday and acquitted himself as well as could be expected given the circumstances. Fleetwood Mac is never going to make new music with him as a frontman and likely no future touring. See ya Mick, thanks for giving me a great year!
Old 03-07-2021, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
A tour of New Zealand is literally 4 cities that could support a major production - Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin. It would make no economic sense unless you can do Australia as well!

yeah i thought it was odd too as I know that New Zealand has roughly the population of Kentucky so unless they just wanted to perform live for the sake of it Anyway the source of the information is a guitar luthier in L.A. who is also apparently the son of the late and great Elizabeth Montgomery so who knows

Old 03-07-2021, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyway the source of the information is a guitar luthier in L.A. who is also apparently the son of the late and great Elizabeth Montgomery so who knows
Did I miss something?

Of whom are you speaking?

Rick Turner? His mom rode a broom?
Old 03-07-2021, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Did I miss something?

Of whom are you speaking?

Rick Turner? His mom rode a broom?
Bill Asher is the name ..it was second hand news as they say but who knows I think that they like goats in New Zealand or maybe it was sheep

Old 03-07-2021, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A tour of New Zealand is literally 4 cities that could support a major production - Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin. It would make no economic sense unless you can do Australia as well.
OTOH, they only played five European dates in 2019, which is the same number of shows they played in New Zealand (four in Auckland and one Dunedin). So, maybe it makes complete financial sense.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-08-2021, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bill Asher is the name ..it was second hand news as they say but who knows I think that they like goats in New Zealand or maybe it was sheep
Okay. I remember that William Asher was the producer(and her husband). I didn't know their son was a luthier.
She was so much cooler than Jeannie!
Old 03-08-2021, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
OTOH, they only played five European dates in 2019, which is the same number of shows they played in New Zealand (four in Auckland and one Dunedin). So, maybe it makes complete financial sense.
Europe from the US is a lot cheaper endeavor than NZ and they had the large stadium shows in Europe as well, but indeed it was an odd choice to play so few.
From Europe everything gets routed to Australia where over a dozen dates can be played. That is how each of the last two FM tours have justified NZ. As a stand-alone tour, I don't see the New Zealand whisper having much validity.

But hey, they can do what they want, a NZ tour has zero impact on me.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Europe from the US is a lot cheaper endeavor than NZ and they had the large stadium shows in Europe as well, but indeed it was an odd choice to play so few.
From Europe everything gets routed to Australia where over a dozen dates can be played. That is how each of the last two FM tours have justified NZ. As a stand-alone tour, I don't see the New Zealand whisper having much validity.

I think Crowded House is doing a NZ tour now. I believe Neil and his kids live in California.

I think Stevie did an 06 tour of NZ with John Farnham and maybe a few shows in NZ with Dave.

Also for Mac in Europe 2019, Werchter and PinkPop festivals probably made the small 6 date tour all worth it, in addition to the Wembley gigs.

What's a shame is that they didn't make the setlist special for the Wembley shows. So lazy
Old 03-08-2021, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think Crowded House is doing a NZ tour now. I believe Neil and his kids live in California.
I think they have homes in both.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-08-2021, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Hypothetically, if they get a $150,000 guarantee for a show (which seems low for Stevie Nicks and Crowded House in New Zealand), can do ten shows (four in Auckland, two everywhere else), and it costs $50,000 for a round trip (random high number), they’d still make more than enough to justify it. Stevie wouldn’t be bringing her crew, and the musicians would probably use backline equipment, save for guitars and a snare/random percussion.

THE Stephen Hopkins