The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-09-2018, 03:17 AM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Did Mike ever produce any songs by Tom or the Heartbreakers?
Mike co-produced everything Petty released from 1987 on. He also produced Stevie's version of "Free Fallin'" and some songs for Roy Orbison.

Even still, I bet they'd get a bigger name, such as Jeff Lynne, as producer.

Campbell has a solo album in the can, so they already have 10-12 songs of his they can draw from.

Last edited by cbBen; 11-09-2018 at 03:29 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-09-2018, 03:28 AM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTheCursed View Post
True. But there is an old adage about a straw that broke the camel's back.
Plus he mentioned Irving Azoff by name, which may have created bad blood with management.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-12-2018, 07:39 PM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Mike co-produced everything Petty released from 1987 on. He also produced Stevie's version of "Free Fallin'" and some songs for Roy Orbison.
Forgot about the Del Shannon album Rock On! that Mike he co-produced (he produced half while Jeff Lynne produced the other half). It's fantastic and Mike did tremendous work on it.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-12-2018, 08:49 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Mike co-produced everything Petty released from 1987 on. He also produced Stevie's version of "Free Fallin'" and some songs for Roy Orbison.
Oddly enough, Billy Burnette has a song on that album, and one song features Mike and Rick.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-14-2018, 01:49 PM
JohnL JohnL is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
"knowing Neil" LOL you are insufferable.
Pot meet kettle....
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:20 PM
The Chain's Avatar
The Chain The Chain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alaska/Oklahoma
Posts: 648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Pot meet kettle....
do you have a mirror? Your staunch defense (worship) of Stevie, no matter the circumstances, and vilifying of Lindsey is seen as insufferable to many around here..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:36 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
do you have a mirror? Your staunch defense (worship) of Stevie, no matter the circumstances, and vilifying of Lindsey is seen as insufferable to many around here..
Surely you recognize there are people who worship Lindsey and think he can do no wrong on this board, too. But at least JohnL doesn't resort to name calling or hateful posts. That goes a real long way in my book. He is always polite and respectful, and I appreciate that quality.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:49 PM
The Chain's Avatar
The Chain The Chain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alaska/Oklahoma
Posts: 648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Surely you recognize there are people who worship Lindsey and think he can do no wrong on this board, too. But at least JohnL doesn't resort to name calling or hateful posts. That goes a real long way in my book. He is always polite and respectful, and I appreciate that quality.
Of course there are. The problem is, a lot of the recently disgruntled fans, myself included, used to adore Stevie and have just become extremely frustrated with her behavior over the last half-decade or so. And when it's convenient for the worshipers, they just gloss over all of that and act like we've always been haters, when ironically it seems to be the other way around for many.. John L had a recent post saying he's thought Lindsey was an "ass from the beginning" or something to that effect. I can't really take people with hypocritical biases seriously around here.. Becoming angry and disillusioned with someone because of their own actions is quite different from just having a negative opinion of someone for no good reason, and many of us are being painted into that corner.

Last edited by The Chain; 11-14-2018 at 05:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-20-2019, 01:44 AM
miriamswell miriamswell is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 34
Default

Mike Campbell produced Patti Scialfa’s first album Rumble Doll,” as well as co-writing and playing on many of the songs. He has produced tracks for Roy Orbison,John Prine and Tracy Chapman among others.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-21-2019, 02:33 AM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
Of course there are. The problem is, a lot of the recently disgruntled fans, myself included, used to adore Stevie and have just become extremely frustrated with her behavior over the last half-decade or so. And when it's convenient for the worshipers, they just gloss over all of that and act like we've always been haters, when ironically it seems to be the other way around for many.. John L had a recent post saying he's thought Lindsey was an "ass from the beginning" or something to that effect. I can't really take people with hypocritical biases seriously around here.. Becoming angry and disillusioned with someone because of their own actions is quite different from just having a negative opinion of someone for no good reason, and many of us are being painted into that corner.
Some of the people on here treat this Board as a fantasy world. A world where people care who smirked at who. A world where playing an instrument and writing songs makes you a god. A world where finally parting ways with someone you've had a strained relationship for decades and persisted with your work all the same... means you're a traitor.

I don't think I'll be posting very often now. Stevie vs Lindsey is a false narrative, at the very least it was Stevie and Mick vs Lindsey and Kirsten. Anyway... who cares? Be happy with what we've got, or be unhappy with it, up to you.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-22-2019, 12:36 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Some of the people on here treat this Board as a fantasy world. A world where people care who smirked at who. A world where playing an instrument and writing songs makes you a god. A world where finally parting ways with someone you've had a strained relationship for decades and persisted with your work all the same... means you're a traitor.

I don't think I'll be posting very often now. Stevie vs Lindsey is a false narrative, at the very least it was Stevie and Mick vs Lindsey and Kirsten. Anyway... who cares? Be happy with what we've got, or be unhappy with it, up to you.
so....what do you propose is acceptable to talk about in a forum dedicated to a certain band and its members? Only particular aspects should be discussed? Every post should be about how wonderful they are? This is what they have done, people pop in to talk about it with other people who also follow the band. Playing a guitar doesn't make someone a god, twirling in capes and singing doesn't make someone a queen.

If there are threads that are critical, start a thread that isn't.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Custom -Nicks
$2899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Custom -Nicks pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureThree Signed Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" Autograph (3) PSA Original 1977 -1st Press
$890.0
Three Signed Fleetwood Mac Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved