Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ann the Man Coulter Endorses Hillary over McCain

Hell hath frozen over

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw that yesterday & wasn't shocked or anything. She was doing something she always does: using an extreme rhetorical device or ploy in order to lambaste a pseudo-conservative.

I like the way she just ignores the Lizard these days. She sits with her back to him now, whenever she's on the show. I must say, he handled it pretty amusingly this time, whereas in the past he'd just blather on in that blithery-dithery way of his, trying to retake the direction of the argument. He has always annoyed me so.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Surprised...

I never cared for Coulter, though.....so I try to avoid my exposure...

P.S.....that one guy does resemble a lizard....

Last edited by Betsy; 02-01-2008 at 12:47 PM..
Old 02-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does this count as a flip flop?
Old 02-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Surprised...

I never cared for Coulter, though.....so I try to avoid my exposure...

P.S.....that one guy does resemble a lizard....
He does look reptilian. I'd love to see Clooney go on there and debate with Hannity, a natural wonder of the world walking around all brainless and shiz.

On edit, the end is very funny. "My work is done!"

Last edited by SuzeQuze; 02-01-2008 at 01:30 PM..
Old 02-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can picture the set director at Faux 'News':

"Annie, now tilt your chair so it looks like you're snubbing Alan. Yeah, I know, you guys do coffee in the morning and you sometimes watch his kids, but trust me it'll look great on TV.

No, Annie, you have to cross your legs. Why? Because your testicles bulge out too much if you don't. We've talked about this.

Where's the wardrobe lady? Yeah, you. How many times have we told you, nothing on Ann that shows her Adam's Apple!"

Old 02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
. . . No, Annie, you have to cross your legs. Why? Because your testicles bulge out too much if you don't. We've talked about this . . . .
and the dandruff falls on your shoes and the set

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 02-01-2008 at 03:28 PM..
Old 02-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That does it. I'm definitely not voting for Hillary now.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This should tell us something..come on now everyone vote Obama on Super Tuesday !!!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, Hillary is smarter and more tenacious. Her speeches are filled with specifics on exactly what she will do as president, whereas Obama's speeches are feel-good gobbledygook. And based on how his ties to Exelon Corporation led him to weaken a bill on notifying citizens of radioactive leakage, I think Obama's type of "bipartisanship" will just result in letting the Republicans have a lot of what they want. We have an experienced fighter in Hillary.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
No, Hillary is smarter and more tenacious. Her speeches are filled with specifics on exactly what she will do as president, whereas Obama's speeches are feel-good gobbledygook. And based on how his ties to Exelon Corporation led him to weaken a bill on notifying citizens of radioactive leakage, I think Obama's type of "bipartisanship" will just result in letting the Republicans have a lot of what they want. We have an experienced fighter in Hillary.
Hmm do we really want a President who everytime she begins to slip in the polls puts on a phony and calculated sob routine? Besides that she voted to authorize the Iraqi debacle ..that is enough right there.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What I really want is for irrelevant stories about things like crying and lapel pins and haircuts to be ignored in favor of real issues.

As for Iraq, I don't think Obama can claim to be more anti-war than Hillary. He has funded the war at every opportunity. It was easy for him to be against the war when he had no vote to give, but upon becoming a senator he turned timid. Why would he fund what he called a "dumb war"?

Every Democrat gave John Kerry a pass on this issue in 2004. But now it seems like Hillary must pay for the sins of everyone who was duped by George Bush.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
What I really want is for irrelevant stories about things like crying and lapel pins and haircuts to be ignored in favor of real issues.

As for Iraq, I don't think Obama can claim to be more anti-war than Hillary. He has funded the war at every opportunity. It was easy for him to be against the war when he had no vote to give, but upon becoming a senator he turned timid. Why would he fund what he called a "dumb war"?

Every Democrat gave John Kerry a pass on this issue in 2004. But now it seems like Hillary must pay for the sins of everyone who was duped by George Bush.

Word!

I find it offensive that Hillary is criticized by some for choking up and in the next breathe, people are saying she is void of emotion.
It feels like she is judged on a harsher scale than the rest of them. We were all duped by Bush but if she ever was to stand up and say she made a mistake voting for the war, she would be called weak, indecisive and accused of changing position when it became unpopular.

Obama is just not experienced enough for me. He has not had to make as many tough votes in the Senate because he hasn't been around as long as HC. Obama may be an inspirational speaker but her track record on the issues inspires me more.

I also worry that if Obama gets the nomination, he will not be able to beat McCain in the GE. I think Hillary can. Electability (sp) should be a factor when people make their choice tomorrow, imo.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 02-05-2008, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
It feels like she is judged on a harsher scale than the rest of them.
of course she is. like it or not, women are relative newcomers in the political arena, and she's gonna have to prove herself. she's a woman playing a man's game - she's going to be too soft for some and too shrewd for others.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Word!

I find it offensive that Hillary is criticized by some for choking up and in the next breathe, people are saying she is void of emotion.
It feels like she is judged on a harsher scale than the rest of them. We were all duped by Bush but if she ever was to stand up and say she made a mistake voting for the war, she would be called weak, indecisive and accused of changing position when it became unpopular.

Obama is just not experienced enough for me. He has not had to make as many tough votes in the Senate because he hasn't been around as long as HC. Obama may be an inspirational speaker but her track record on the issues inspires me more.

I also worry that if Obama gets the nomination, he will not be able to beat McCain in the GE. I think Hillary can. Electability (sp) should be a factor when people make their choice tomorrow, imo.
I agree with all of this except the last part - I suspect he is as electable as Hillary, & a very recent poll says that he beats McCain, but Hillary doesn't (if the election were now). But to me she's just the better candidate.

- Jake