Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2023, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey at Will Ferrell’s Best Night of Your Life

Lindsey posted in his networks he is Excited to be joining Will Ferrell’s Best Night of Your Life in support of Cancer for College at The Greek on October 21st.

Hope he will comment about his new album.

Old 10-21-2023, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this is tonight. curious if anyone we know will go and report back. seems like a great and worthy event.

https://www.lagreektheatre.com/event...of-your-life-2

WILL FERRELL'S BEST NIGHT OF YOUR LIFE 2
with Jon Stewart, Hasan Minhaj, Jo Koy, Patti Harrison, John Mulaney, Lindsey Buckingham, Rory Scovel, SmartLess - Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes and Will Arnett, Mike McCready (Pearl Jam), Stefan Lessard (Dave Matthews Band), Beck, St. Vincent, Cindy Blackman Santana, Dogstar - Bret Domrose, Robert Mailhouse & Keanu Reeves, Jack Black and Fred Armisen, DJ White Shadow, Princess, Maya Rudolph more specials guests on the way!

SATURDAY, OCT 21, 2023/7:00PM

EVENT INFORMATION
Will Ferrell has announced the second installment of his ‘Best Night of Your Life’, an out of this world night of music and comedy to benefit Cancer for College on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles. The event will be hosted by Ferrell, who has recruited a star-studded lineup including comedians Jon Stewart, Hasan Minhaj, Jo Koy, Patti Harrison, John Mulaney, Lindsey Buckingham, Rory Scovel, plus a special appearance by SmartLess with Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes and Will Arnett. Mike McCready (Pearl Jam) has assembled an all-star musical lineup featuring Stefan Lessard (Dave Matthews Band), Beck, St. Vincent, Cindy Blackman Santana, Dogstar featuring Bret Domrose, Robert Mailhouse & Keanu Reeves, along with Jack Black and Fred Armisen who will perform as the one-time supergroup ‘Mike McCready and The Casual Acquaintances’, with additional performances by DJ White Shadow and Princess featuring Maya Rudolph and more specials guests on the way.

"Immediately upon completing our last show in 2018, I set out on a search of the cosmos,” said Will Ferrell. “The mission was to find the most incredible lineup of talent this world has ever seen. I think we can comfortably say mission accomplished. For those of you saying, ‘but Will, we've seen you a lot over the last five years in successful films, on popular streaming platforms and wildly funny TV appearances’, I'm here to tell you that cloning is real. Shoutout to Bill Ferrell, you did a hell of a job in my absence. My clones and I are super proud to be supporting the charity, Cancer for College. I think we can all get on board with hating cancer and the terrible things that can come with it. For 30 years, this organization has been providing need-based college scholarships, educational experiences and medical debt relief to cancer survivors. All the proceeds from the show will benefit the cause.”

This won’t be the first time that Ferrell and McCready take the stage together. The do-gooders have performed as part of one-off supergroups at a number of Cancer for College benefits over the years, including ‘Chad Smith’s Super Mega Funktastic Jam Rock All Stars’ alongside Chris Martin, Duff McKagan, Stefan Lessard, Josh Klinghoffer and Brad Paisley (2018), ‘Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret’ featuring Chad Smith, Brandi Carlile, Josh Klinghoffer and Stefan Lessard (2018), and ‘I Pissed My Pants’ with Chad Smith and Brandi Carlile (2014).

“I can't wait to rock out at Will Ferrell's Best Night of Your Life 2!” said Mike McCready, Pearl Jam. “The first one in 2018 was an incredible experience. I'm stoked and honored to be putting together an amazing All-Star band for this event! You don't want to miss it!”

Tickets: presale tickets will be available beginning this Wednesday, August 9 at 10am PDT via the Greek Theatre and Ticketmaster, with tickets going on sale to the general public this Friday, August 11 at 10am PDT.
A limited number of BFD VVVIP Ticket Packages will be available, which include:

VIP entrance
BFD dedicated lanyard
Tickets within the first 12 rows
Access to the VVVIP Lounge
Food & beverages
1 t-shirt
1 signed poster

The event celebrates the 30th anniversary of Cancer for College, a non-profit which provides need-based college scholarships and educational experiences to cancer survivors. Cancer for College was founded in 1993 by three-time cancer survivor and double amputee Craig Pollard, Ferrell’s fraternity brother at the University of Southern California. “We are so thankful to our friend Will Ferrell and his talented group of friends for supporting our cause,” said Pollard. “The results of this event will provide several hundred cancer survivors an opportunity to attend college and lower their medical debt.”

Will Ferrell’s Best Night of Your Life 2 is executive produced and created by Cocolittle Media. “Producing once in a lifetime music & comedy events in support of Will Ferrell’s charity, Cancer for College, couldn’t be any more rewarding,” said Laura Glass, Executive Producer and Founder at Cocolittle Media. “Playing a small role which furthers the lives of young cancer survivors is just about as good as it gets.”

About Will Ferrell:
Actor/Writer/Producer Will Ferrell has created some of film’s most iconic characters in films such as ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND OF RON BURGUNDY, ELF, STEP BROTHER’S, and STRANGER THAN FICTION to name a few. Along with producing partner Jessica Elbaum, Ferrell is a co-founder of Gloria Sanchez Productions. In 2020, the company announced a multi-year first-look deal with Netflix, which came on the heels of the incredible overnight success of “Dead to Me,” which has been nominated for an Emmy Award at the 75th Primetime Emmy Awards in 2023. Additionally, 2021 saw the production shingle set a multi-year first-look deal with 20th Century Studios. The three-year pact focuses on developing feature-length films for consideration on both theatrical and streaming platforms. The production company is also credited with HUSTLERS, BOOKSMART and BARB & STAR GO TO VISTA DEL MAR, all of which garnered critical acclaim and award nominations. The latest in this series of critically acclaimed productions include 2023 Sundance Film Festival selected THEATRE CAMP, directed by Molly Gordon and Nick Lieberman, and MAY DECEMBER, directed by Todd Haynes and starring Natalie Portman, Julianne Moore & Charles Melton. The latter introspective romantic drama premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2023 and will open the New York Film Festival in September 2023.

Most recently, Ferrell can be seen playing Mattel’s CEO in Warner Bros. summer blockbuster BARBIE, directed by Greta Gerwig and written by Gerwig and Noah Baumbach. The film released on July 21, 2023, and launched with $356.3M at the global box office in its opening weekend. It stars Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling alongside Ferrell, and follows BARBIE’s journey as she suffers a crisis that leads her to question her world and her existence.

Up next, Ferrell is set to portray an abandoned dog who seeks revenge on his owner in Universal’s newest comedy STRAYS, which will release in theatres on August 18, 2023. The live-action adult comedy will also feature Jamie Foxx and Will Forte with BARB & STAR GO TO VISTA DEL MAR’s Josh Greenbaum as director. Ferrell is also set to produce and star as the game show host in 20th Century Studios upcoming comedy QUIZ LADY, directed by Jessica Yu and written by Jen D’Angelo. The adult comedy will follow the story of a gameshow-obsessed woman and her estranged sister work together to help cover their mother's gambling debts and will also star Awkwafina and Sandra Oh.

In 2022, Ferrell was seen starring alongside Ryan Reynolds and Octavia Spencer in the Gloria Sanchez produced Christmas-themed musical film SPIRITED, written, and directed by Sean Anders and John Morris. Ferrell was also seen in the 2021 Apple TV+ and Gloria Sanchez TV series “The Shrink Next Door,” directed by Michael Showalter and written by Georgia Pritchett. The eight-episode limited series aired in November 2021 and starred Ferrell, Paul Rudd, and Kathryn Hahn.
2020 saw Ferrell starring alongside Rachel McAdams in the Gloria Sanchez produced EUROVISION SONG CONTEST: THE STORY OF FIRE SAGA, which was nominated this year for an Academy Award for “Husavik” within the “Best Original Song” Category. The film was directed by David Dobkin and written by Will Ferrell and Andrew Steele.

Ferrell is a graduate of the University of Southern California who became interested in performing while a student at University High School in Irvine, where he made his school's daily morning announcements over the public address system in disguised voices. He started as a member of the Los Angeles comedy/improvisation group The Groundlings, where fellow cast members Ana Gasteyer, Maya Rudolph and former “Saturday Night Live” repertory players Laraine Newman, Jon Lovitz and Phil Hartman began their careers. Prior to his time on “Saturday Night Live,” he appeared on several television programs, including “Strangers with Candy,” “Grace Under Fire,” and “Living Single” while still a member of The Groundlings. It was there he met Chris Kattan and the two became good friends before joining “Saturday Night Live” in 1995.

During his first season, Ferrell was declared quite possibly the worst cast member ever. However, his talented impersonations and wide range of characters soon made him arguably the greatest “Saturday Night Live” cast member ever. Over his seven-year run, Ferrell played George W. Bush and became one of the few cast members to be nominated for an Emmy for a “Saturday Night Live” performance. In 2002, he left “Saturday Night Live” and was the only cast member to ever receive a farewell from all the current cast members at the end of a season finale show.

Ferrell is widely considered a comedic genius with enormous box office power, starring in hits including OLD SCHOOL, WEDDING CRASHERS, ZOOLANDER, TALLADEGA NIGHTS, DADDY’S HOME and many more.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-22-2023, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I watched a video of Never Going Back Again. If he did other songs, I’d bet they were Big Love and maybe Trouble since he was alone. I didn’t think his voice was great but I think he looks the best he has in recent years.
Old 10-22-2023, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I watched a video of Never Going Back Again. If he did other songs, I’d bet they were Big Love and maybe Trouble since he was alone.
here is NGBA video. apparently he also did Big Love.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-22-2023, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He seemed a bit sad or down. Yes, his vocals are a bit ragged.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-22-2023, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

here is Big Love excerpt and then a random pic of Linds performing

https://www.instagram.com/p/CysYbXJu...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Old 10-22-2023, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really prefer more of the original version of this song. I don’t really like this drawn out slower version he has been doing for years.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
here is Big Love excerpt and then a random pic of Linds performing
To this day I lost hope of watching the original version live.
Old 10-23-2023, 04:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
To this day I lost hope of watching the original version live.
He could even mix it up by performing a solo flamenco rendition of "Family Man". Or a tom-tom rendition of "Caroline". Or a lap harp rendition of "Tango in the Night".
Old 10-24-2023, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

IMG_7417.jpg
IMG_7418.jpg
These were taken from Lindsey's manager's Instagram stories.

Last edited by justcrazylove; 10-24-2023 at 01:55 AM..
Old 10-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I really prefer more of the original version of this song. I don’t really like this drawn out slower version he has been doing for years.
I honestly think they sound droll... detracting from the songs rather than enhancing them.
Old 10-24-2023, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Attachment 13402
Attachment 13403
These were taken from Lindsey's manager's Instagram stories.
Lindsey has some head of hair for 74! Still thin too. I think this is the best he's looked since 2018.

Who is Lindsey's manager?