User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2023, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
When has Stevie ever said anything in this paragraph you wrote? I ask because I have seen interviews with both Stevie and Lindsey (separately of course) where each one laments the fact that the BN album hasn’t been officially rereleased. I remember specifically one interview where Stevie said she had tried to speak to Lindsey about the album and he didn’t return her calls. I remember an interview with Lindsey where he said he wanted it rereleased but the rights were up in the air. Then not too long ago someone posted here Keith Olson was the holdup.

I don’t understand how Stevie was able to release Long Distance Winner on her Enchanted boxset if the album can’t be rereleased, but at least she got one of the songs remastered and out to the public. For that reason alone, no way do I believe Stevie OR Lindsey are holding up the rerelease.
If you’ve followed Stevie and listened to her interviews for decades, you’ll know what I mean. Stevie considers her being told to pose topless by Lindsey as abuse. Remember her statement in Lindsey’s 2021 interview where she had a litany of reasons she will not work with him starting back in 1968; the cover is one of them. Lindsey told her Don’t be a child, it’s art.

It doesn’t matter that in the past they lamented it wasn’t released; their relationship is over now. Stevie could care less about a release because it won’t make any money. And she can play her tracks from the album in her live shows. She also probably wouldn’t want to have any connection to a BN release because it would be highlighting her history with Lindsey.
Old 06-28-2023, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Yes, I think once again….this ship has sailed. The most recent cd release I bought is really good. However, a box set release as a 50 years anniversary could still have some legs.
I think it sailed too. They should have done this in 1998 for the 25th anniversary when Christine refused to extend The Dance tour.
Old 06-28-2023, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I think it sailed too. They should have done this in 1998 for the 25th anniversary when Christine refused to extend The Dance tour.
Yes! Or, re-release it and sell it as merchandise on the SYW tour.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember specifically one interview where Stevie said she had tried to speak to Lindsey about the album and he didn’t return her calls. I remember an interview with Lindsey where he said he wanted it rereleased but the rights were up in the air. Then not too long ago someone posted here Keith Olson was the holdup.
You refuse to understand that Stevie is a DELUSIONAL LIAR. And that she wouldn't know or admit the truth if you bludgeoned her to death with it.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Ask Homer if Mick might find a way to re-release it?
I'd wager that 69-74 is the last we'll ever see of mtm. We should be thankful for that. I am.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
With Christine gone, it all feels so pointless. I’m still so so so sad.
It's dead now, especially without Christine.

I wish/ hope they'd have the class to let it die. But I'm sure old Dick has something up his sleeve. He's not close enough to death/ financial solvency to let it go. He's such a joke...
Old 06-29-2023, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's dead now, especially without Christine.
I’m ok with FM not releasing any new music without Christine, but I still really want rereleases. Buckingham Nicks, Behind the Mask, Christine’s album from 1984, all these would be great rereleases.

In the case of BN, maybe the best option would be for Lindsey and Stevie to release their own songs from that album on new solo albums. I’d prefer the original album be intact, but if they’re unable to do that for whatever reason, the next best thing would be individual solo albums that include the songs from BN.
Old 06-29-2023, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I’m ok with FM not releasing any new music without Christine, but I still really want rereleases. Buckingham Nicks, Behind the Mask, Christine’s album from 1984, all these would be great rereleases.

In the case of BN, maybe the best option would be for Lindsey and Stevie to release their own songs from that album on new solo albums. I’d prefer the original album be intact, but if they’re unable to do that for whatever reason, the next best thing would be individual solo albums that include the songs from BN.
A re-release of the 1984 solo album would be juicy!
Old 06-29-2023, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You refuse to understand that Stevie is a DELUSIONAL LIAR. And that she wouldn't know or admit the truth if you bludgeoned her to death with it.
She does have the worst memory of Fleetwood Mac members likely from drug abuse and klonopin. The other night she said Gypsy was on Tusk and I Sing for the Things was on The Wild Heart. No excuses. Christine always got the albums right when introducing the songs.
Old 06-29-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She does have the worst memory of Fleetwood Mac members likely from drug abuse and klonopin. The other night she said Gypsy was on Tusk and I Sing for the Things was on The Wild Heart. No excuses. Christine always got the albums right when introducing the songs.
To be fair, Christine said she left after Tango and forgot about the Dance.
Also, she didn't really remember recording anything on Mirage.
Old 06-29-2023, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
To be fair, Christine said she left after Tango and forgot about the Dance.
Also, she didn't really remember recording anything on Mirage.
When I saw FM on the 2018 Tour, she said Mirage before she played Hold Me. And before Isn’t It Midnight, she said this is from Tango In the Night. Did she ever say Wish You Were Here was from Mirage in 2017?

Stevie says Buckingham Nicks never went on a tour.

So who has the best memory? Mick changes stories a bit too.
Old 06-29-2023, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When I saw FM on the 2018 Tour, she said Mirage before she played Hold Me. And before Isn’t It Midnight, she said this is from Tango In the Night.
It's easy to check the albums to confirm what song belongs to what album. I think she (and the other members) may lost memories of recording sessions. Bowie has said he forgot the recording sessions of albums where he was deeply in cocaine.

With drugs or not, we all miss some episodes of our lives, it happens to me a lot. On the other hand I remember vividly some facts my friends doesn't remember at all. Often I hear "how can you recall that!"

But the issue I think is that an artist can't confuse the album where his/her song belongs. If they are unsure just check it before starting the show. Otherwise it could be a neglect as serious as confusing the country where you are singing.
Old 06-29-2023, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
It's easy to check the albums to confirm what song belongs to what album. I think she (and the other members) may lost memories of recording sessions. Bowie has said he forgot the recording sessions of albums where he was deeply in cocaine.

With drugs or not, we all miss some episodes of our lives, it happens to me a lot. On the other hand I remember vividly some facts my friends doesn't remember at all. Often I hear "how can you recall that!"

But the issue I think is that an artist can't confuse the album where his/her song belongs. If they are unsure just check it before starting the show. Otherwise it could be a neglect as serious as confusing the country where you are singing.
Gypsy was on Tusk, right?
Old 06-29-2023, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Gypsy was on Tusk, right?
I would seriously love to know her IQ.
Old 06-29-2023, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I would seriously love to know her IQ.
She keeps her visions to herself.