The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Which songs do you like the most?
Christine's songs 14 56.00%
Lindsey's songs 2 8.00%
Stevie's songs 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2023, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac 1975: Your favorite songs, grouped by singer

Let's see what happens with the 1975 "white" album. If you had to choose one group of songs that you like the most, which will you choose? Lindsey’s songs? Stevie’s songs? Christine's songs?
Old 08-13-2023, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I went with Stevie here. I mean, Landslide, Rhiannon, and Crystal are hands down some of my all time favorite FM songs ever, and they’re all on this album.

Warm Ways and Blue Letter are also two of my all time favorite FM songs. Over My Head, Monday Morning, and I’m So Afraid are fantastic as well. But I don’t care for Say You Love Me and I really dislike Sugar Daddy and World Turning. So that’s why I gave the win for this album to Stevie.
Old 08-13-2023, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is very close between Chris and Stevie. Its a Sophie's choice. I will vote for Chris simply because there are more of her songs. I love all their songs. Flame me all you want but I love Warm Ways too.

Bwboy is under a one week ban for not liking Say You Love Me and Sugar Daddy. I dont know about you but I remember those rules when I signed up.
Rules are rules.
Old 08-13-2023, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess it's Christine by a nose? My favorite three songs are Sugar Daddy, World Turning, and Rhiannon.
Old 08-13-2023, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is very close between Chris and Stevie. Its a Sophie's choice. I will vote for Chris simply because there are more of her songs. I love all their songs. Flame me all you want but I love Warm Ways too.

Bwboy is under a one week ban for not liking Say You Love Me and Sugar Daddy. I dont know about you but I remember those rules when I signed up.
Rules are rules.
I'm with you re SYLM and SD. Not a huge fan of Warm Ways, it's mostly ok but that "you made me a woman tonight" line is just
Over My Head is great. World Turning isn't my favorite but it's a nice part of the flow of the album.

Landslide and Rhiannon are stellar. Crystal I love for personal reasons, and for the ending with John's bass and Chris's intertwining keyboards. So it's a Stevie song but I love it in large part for Chris's contribution. This is where picking favorite songs by songWRITER is tricky, because with this band everyone plays such an integral role in making anyone's songs rise to an even higher level than they would on their own.

I'd kind of peg Lindsey's songs as my least favorites on this album. I do skip over them a lot. To me it's a Stevie and Chris album, with the strong foundation going to Chris, with Stevie adding in more of the highlights.
Old 08-13-2023, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm with you re SYLM and SD. Not a huge fan of Warm Ways, it's mostly ok but that "you made me a woman tonight" line is just

This is where picking favorite songs by songWRITER is tricky, because with this band everyone plays such an integral role in making anyone's songs rise to an even higher level than they would on their own.

I'd kind of peg Lindsey's songs as my least favorites on this album. I do skip over them a lot. To me it's a Stevie and Chris album, with the strong foundation going to Chris, with Stevie adding in more of the highlights.
I guess I just really relate to Warm Ways because that song was playing in the background all five times I lost my virginity, while at the same time, I hate Sugar Daddy because I’ve never had or been one . Seriously, that line about becoming a woman is pretty cringy, but the song is just so beautiful, I’m able to overlook it.

Your point about the songwriting is valid, too. I love Crystal and always thought it was written by Lindsey until I bothered to look at the credits. I love the song just as much for his vocals as I do the words, but ultimately, since Stevie wrote it, I put it under her name. But boy is his voice beautiful on it. I also love how you describe the album, with Christine being the foundation. Maybe I’d add Lindsey is the frame, and Stevie is the paint or wallpaper.
Old 08-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I guess I just really relate to Warm Ways because that song was playing in the background all five times I lost my virginity, while at the same time, I hate Sugar Daddy because I’ve never had or been one . Seriously, that line about becoming a woman is pretty cringy, but the song is just so beautiful, I’m able to overlook it.

Your point about the songwriting is valid, too. I love Crystal and always thought it was written by Lindsey until I bothered to look at the credits. I love the song just as much for his vocals as I do the words, but ultimately, since Stevie wrote it, I put it under her name. But boy is his voice beautiful on it. I also love how you describe the album, with Christine being the foundation. Maybe I’d add Lindsey is the frame, and Stevie is the paint or wallpaper.
You lost your virginity FIVE TIMES?
Old 08-13-2023, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I chose Christine (surprise, surprise!) because of the one-two punch of Say You Love Me and Sugar Daddy. Man, both of those songs are great! Of course, Over My Head and Warm Ways are good, too. Close call with Stevie though. Rhiannon is Rhiannon. Landslide is Landslide. Crystal has a jaw-dropping organ outro.

I doubt many would chose Lindsey here. Monday is fun. So Afraid has a great backing track with a weak vocal. But his best song is the collaboration with Christine.

I’ve said it before: Say You Love Me is as iconic, in a different way, than Rhiannon.
Old 08-13-2023, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I couldn't give a flying f*ck about the WORDS to Sugar Daddy. BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST MUSIC EVER(after Think About Me).
Old 08-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Let me stick up for Chris for a minute. When a man says, you made me a man people dont think its sexual. Its about a man learning something about himself about being a man. While its easy to think sexual in a mushy song like Warm Ways but she could be singing about something her lover did to her that she learned. Its easy to think sex but it may not be such a literal meaning.
Every boy must learn to be a man. Maybe I can help you yes I can.
Was Stevie singing that she was going to screw him to make him a man?
Even though she did not write those lyrics I doubt her or the writer meant that in a sexual way. There are other ways to become a man just like there are other ways to become a woman.

Lastly I would like to leave all of you with something warm.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-13-2023 at 02:15 PM..
Old 08-13-2023, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Has Stevie ever spoken publicly with disappointment about Lindsey singing Crystal?

I vote Stevie because Crystal is one of her top five best lyrics. I love Blue Letter and I'm So Afraid. Never tire of those songs.
Old 08-13-2023, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Has Stevie ever spoken publicly with disappointment about Lindsey singing Crystal?

I vote Stevie because Crystal is one of her top five best lyrics. I love Blue Letter and I'm So Afraid. Never tire of those songs.
Lindsey’s tenor vocal on Blue Letter is so pleasing. A great performance. He didn’t write the song, but he made it his own.
Old 08-13-2023, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I couldn't give a flying f*ck about the WORDS to Sugar Daddy. BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST MUSIC EVER(after Think About Me).
I actually DO care about the words to Sugar Daddy because they are fun and smart and very clever. They were written with a bit of tongue-in-cheek spirit. Those who are offended by them are missing the point entirely. And they lack a sense of humor.
Old 08-13-2023, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Let me stick up for Chris for a minute. When a man says, you made me a man people dont think its sexual. Its about a man learning something about himself about being a man. While its easy to think sexual in a mushy song like Warm Ways but she could be singing about something her lover did to her that she learned. Its easy to think sex but it may not be such a literal meaning.
Every boy must learn to be a man. Maybe I can help you yes I can.
Was Stevie singing that she was going to screw him to make him a man?
Even though she did not write those lyrics I doubt her or the writer meant that in a sexual way. There are other ways to become a man just like there are other ways to become a woman.

Lastly I would like to leave all of you with something warm.
Umm....it's literally a song about the man in bed next to her.... who has had his warm way with her and has rolled over and gone to sleep....

Sleep easy by my side
Into gentle slumber you can hide
I am waiting for the sun to come up
I can't sleep, with your warm ways
Forever, forever love
Together, together love

You made me a woman tonight
Dream until the morning light
I am waiting for the sun to come up
I can't sleep, with your warm ways
Forever, forever love
Together, together love
Old 08-13-2023, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Forever, forever love
Together, together love
That part of the song sounds like a bad 70s/80s sitcom theme.