The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2023, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I’ve always wondered has Rhino/Reprise ever tried to get them to release it!? Mock up the whole package, remaster the whole thing. Do the liner notes etc. Send it to their agents with a contract/angree and see what happens.

Even if they don’t have access to the tapes, they could mock up a package and dangle the carrot in front of them. I have a hard time believing nobody has tried that yet. They would be foolish not to. $$$ to be made.
Old 08-03-2023, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I almost put this in a separate thread, but since we're all talking about this now...how did this fly under the radar? Apparently there was a Buckingham Nicks book proposed for the 33 1/3 book series about 5+ years ago that never came to fruition. The writer made a blog post about it:

https://carriecourogen.tumblr.com/po...44-years-later
Old 08-03-2023, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I almost put this in a separate thread, but since we're all talking about this now...how did this fly under the radar? Apparently there was a Buckingham Nicks book proposed for the 33 1/3 book series about 5+ years ago that never came to fruition. The writer made a blog post about it:

https://carriecourogen.tumblr.com/po...44-years-later
Wow! what a great article. She nails it for me. I was lucky enough to find a BN record in a Heck's store back in 1982. I couldn't believe it. I think I paid 5 or 10 dollars for it. Heck's was like a Wal-mart. LOL. It is my most beloved collectable. I loved that Lori was questioned about it also. Her answer is spot on.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-03-2023, 06:48 PM

This was a fantastic interview. I love how honest and direct it was.
Old 08-04-2023, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think that was probably why they both thought a separate Buckingham Nicks tour would have been more appropriate- because like you said, some of the audience would not have reacted well to the songs they didn’t know. It was really unfortunate a tour like that never happened- hardcore fans familiar with that material would have been in Heaven. Especially in a more intimate venue. I think many of us would have paid big money to hear them perform that album.

Which reminds me… something else from the interview that really caught my eye was Lindsey’s reaction to Stevie’s idea that some of the other original band join them on that tour, including Waddy. Lindsey’s reaction was perfectly fine if perhaps surprised, but I wonder how he really would have felt with a guitarist like Waddy also on stage? I know there’s always an extra guitarist with FM when they tour, but usually in the background. Waddy is not one to stay in the background, though. It would be similar to if one of the background singers got to stand between Stevie and Lindsey- no way Stevie would like or agree to that. Likewise, I think it would understandably be hard on Lindsey to share a stage with Waddy. Not because Waddy would outshine Lindsey (because he couldn’t) but just having another guitarist roaming around the stage would be uncomfortable.
I think in part he was also thinking of the cost-- Waddy ain't gonna donate his time, and he doesn't come cheap. Also, it diminishes the whole point of a BN tour, and why people would want to see it....
Old 08-04-2023, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I think in part he was also thinking of the cost-- Waddy ain't gonna donate his time, and he doesn't come cheap. Also, it diminishes the whole point of a BN tour, and why people would want to see it....
I remember these interviews like yesterday. Stevie, God love her, speaks conjecture, and she talked about getting BN together for a tour.

Lindsey, even though he might not make money on his solo tours, understood the business of touring when he start digesting Stevie's thoughts out loud. He was saying when would we rehearse? We couldn't do a BN tour in between FM tour legs because it wouldn't be enough touring to break even.

It was on The Ledge someone said Lindsey cut back some of the moving stage pieces on the 2013 Tour after a few shows to shave costs. They heard him say it in catering...maybe it was to John.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 08-04-2023 at 06:05 PM..
Old 08-07-2023, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Listening to that made me even more glad I skipped the Fakewood Mac tour of 2018-2019.I still remember Mick saying this is a new band a new chapter. Sure Mick and where's the new music? You did one mostly hits tour and that's it.

They are one of the worst run bands out there. They have re released many of their most popular albums over and over but ignored things real fans are dying for like The Tusk Documentary on DVD, The complete 82 and 87 Concerts on DVD to name a few.

I question though how he can say Mick is a good businessman. If he's such a good businessman why does it seem every recent FM Tour was get out of bankruptcy tour for Mick.

Reading that Yahoo interview was hilarious. Stevie is such a hypocrite, Virtually anything she has said bad about someone else in the band, she herself is guilty of. She's became a nostalgia lounge act ignoring great songs from her back catalog in favor of stale songs she's way overplayed.

Lindsey is making a new album and she's doing her standard hits tour.

I'd like to say FM is over but Irving just might get the 4 back together for a final tour marked as a tribute to Christine.
Old 08-07-2023, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post

I'd like to say FM is over but Irving just might get the 4 back together for a final tour marked as a tribute to Christine.
If Stevie brings the spirit catcher, I'm in!
Old 08-08-2023, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
If Stevie brings the spirit catcher, I'm in!
I need the singing fish on the board. OR I'M OUT!

god she's stupid...
Old 08-08-2023, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I need the singing fish on the board. OR I'M OUT!

god she's stupid...
She can use her spirit catcher and then they can put Christine on screen and go into Don't Stop.
Old 08-08-2023, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She can use her spirit catcher and then they can put Christine on screen and go into Don't Stop.
The next tour will be all pre-75 songs and Stevie will actually stay on stage for every pre-75 song as opposed to 2018.
Old 08-08-2023, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
The next tour will be all pre-75 songs and Stevie will actually stay on stage for every pre-75 song as opposed to 2018.
Just her and a harp.
Old 08-08-2023, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just her and a harp.
But Stevie on a blues harp!

You loved the Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ahs on Black Magic Woman. I’m like “is she trying to arouse us?”
Old 08-08-2023, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
That can work only if the lyrics scroll on the big screen behind her. A big ball can bounce on top of each word so she knows when to come in.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-08-2023 at 01:15 PM..
Old 08-08-2023, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
That can work only if the lyrics scroll on the big screen behind her. A big ball can bounce on top of each word so she knows when to come in.
After hearing Stand Back in Columbus, I think she needs exactly that. She was just belting words out at a crowd not paying attention. And perhaps work in some auto tune.

She needs to do some small theaters and polish things up.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-08-2023 at 02:25 PM..