The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Her whole axe to grind about Tango really tells you what a warped sense of reality she had at the time due to the drugs, but I start to wonder if even sober her recollection of the past doesn't quite line up with reality.

Being the only person in the band who didn't play an instrument must have really given her the biggest case of imposter syndrome known to man, despite the fact that she never needed to feel that way.
Old 08-01-2023, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
but I start to wonder if even sober her recollection of the past doesn't quite line up with reality.
That's completely possible. David Bowie told about remembering nothing about the recording sessions of an album while he was pretty in coke during those days.
Old 08-01-2023, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The comments that Christine made in the past couple of years about the band really made me pause. I've said it before, I wonder how much was exaggerated as each passing year occurred, especially in the minds of Stevie and Lindsey. And now we're finding out band members were told how they should react to Mick's book...

I don’t think I thought about it that much. I enjoyed the storm.… Even though I am quite a peaceful person, I did enjoy that storm. Although it’s said that we fought a lot, we actually did spend a lot of our time laughing. So, that must have been forgotten. Great sense of humor.

There weren’t that many fights. When you think about it, we really did not fight that much. There were moments when it got a bit beefy, but all in all we got on really quite well.

Yes, time makes the heart grow fonder, but Christine has never been one to sugar coat anything.

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-01-2023 at 11:55 AM..
Old 08-01-2023, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did anyone ever ask Lindsey in one of the meet and greets if Stevie's infamous 3 hour rant/phone call before the 2013 tour was actually a 3 hour recount of every beef she's had from 1975? I'd love to know the actual truth of what that phone call was.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Did anyone ever ask Lindsey in one of the meet and greets if Stevie's infamous 3 hour rant/phone call before the 2013 tour was actually a 3 hour recount of every beef she's had from 1975? I'd love to know the actual truth of what that phone call was.
Was it 3 hrs? I remember reading about it. She probably was drawing lines in the sand for the upcoming $$$$$ she was gonna make.
Old 08-01-2023, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I thought it interesting but not surprising that Dennis admitted Stevie loved Micks book but it was better drama if she said she didn't.
That confused me because it didn’t jibe with my experience. I remember one interview where she said that, no, she hadn’t read it because why should she? she lived it. Other than that, I don’t recall her being particularly negative about it, just a little dismissive — claims of not having read it and having no intention of reading it. Big deal.

But she also stood at the mic every night on the 1990 tour and introduced Mick as the hardest-working man in show biz (poking fun at James Brown or Springsteen) and a New York Times bestselling author. Mick later told Graham Nash on TV that Stevie helped him sell his book, so she couldn’t hate it that much.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-01-2023, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Going back to 2013 interviews is fascinating with the knowledge of what would eventually happen. I had forgotten all about this one:

https://fleetwoodmac-uk.com/wp/the-m...icks-dec-2013/

Lindsey also told MOJO: “There are still parts of mine and Stevie’s relationship that are unresolved and it will be interesting to visit that on this next tour…”

Stevie: He’s probably referring to what I call ‘The Talk.’ About a year and a half ago I told him everything I had wanted to say to him since 1968. I said, “Do you remember how cute we were? How we could walk into the room together and people would be mesmerized because we were so funny and smart?” I said, “Lindsey, if we can’t go back to being those people, I’m going to quit. I have other people I can work with that treat me with warmth and utter respect, and in my world there’s never a harsh word spoken.”

And his reaction?
Stevie: He was very quiet. I said, “The ball’s in your park, Lindsey 2013 better be great.

So has it been great? When the pair of you hold hands on-stage now what’s going on there exactly? The hand-holding on the 2009 tour seemed a bit hammy..

Stevie: That’s interesting. My cousin John has known Lindsey and I since 1968. He told me, “When I saw you and Lindsey play with Fleetwood Mac in 2009, there was nothing between you. It was as if you were thinking, ‘What shall I get from room service tonight? Grilled cheese? Tomato soup?” Hammy wasn’t the word for Lindsey and I in 2009 – it was totally fake. But what you see on-stage now is not fake. It is loving, and it is as close to those two people who met as teenagers as you could hope for. Every night I tell the story of Without You, the poem that I wrote in 1972 before we made the BuckinghamNicks album. The story has become longer than the song, and I told Lindsey, “I’m sorry, I’m trying to shorten it.” He goes, “Don’t worry, Stevie – it’s charming.” Three years ago he would have been like, “Are you kidding? We could do The Green Manalishi in that time…”

---------------

So you want your ex to treat you as if you're still a couple (40 years after the fact!) and that's how you're going to judge if you're being respected on tour?

It was totally fake in 2009, but it's somehow not fake in 2013 despite threatening to quit if he didn't pretend to be your boyfriend? It's no wonder Lindsey suggested that Stevie was still in love with him during the 2021 press feud.

I've got nothing...

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-01-2023 at 02:33 PM..
Old 08-01-2023, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That confused me because it didn’t jibe with my experience. I remember one interview where she said that, no, she hadn’t read it because why should she? she lived it. Other than that, I don’t recall her being particularly negative about it, just a little dismissive — claims of not having read it and having no intention of reading it. Big deal.

But she also stood at the mic every night on the 1990 tour and introduced Mick as the hardest-working man in show biz (poking fun at James Brown or Springsteen) and a New York Times bestselling author. Mick later told Graham Nash on TV that Stevie helped him sell his book, so she couldn’t hate it that much.
Funny. The show that I saw in 1990 it was Billy saying all of that at the mic.
Old 08-01-2023, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How we could walk into the room together and people would be mesmerized because we were so funny and smart?”
Can you imagine being this full of yourself? My god her ridiculousness was on point during that interview.
Old 08-01-2023, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Can you imagine being this full of yourself? My god her ridiculousness was on point during that interview.
I really do think she's certifiably NUTS. What an egomaniac!
Old 08-01-2023, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I really do think she's certifiably NUTS. What an egomaniac!
A Christine song comes on - “that’s me!” 🥴
Old 08-01-2023, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
A Christine song comes on - “that’s me!” 🥴
She taught Christine and Lindsey their proficiency on their respective instruments. HOW DARE they take any credit for FM's success. The nerve!!!!

She probably brags about the odor of her own flatulence.
Old 08-01-2023, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She taught Christine and Lindsey their proficiency on their respective instruments. HOW DARE they take any credit for FM's success. The nerve!!!!

She probably brags about the odor of her own flatulence.
Remember how she acted when Bill asked to use Christine's Don't Stop?
I was screaming at the tv at her because her language was always insinuating it was she that was asked.
Old 08-01-2023, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it was supposed to be from 1968 on. However, nothing was resolved because apparently now she won't work with him because of things he did to her when he was 19 in 1968, per her quote in RollingStone September 2021.

Lindsey was fired because Stevie and Lindsey had an argument. She said it to Zane Lowe, it wasn't about a tour delay.
Old 08-01-2023, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think she knows deep down inside that he and Christine both had something to offer, even in their final years of working together. BuckVie was widely well received by music fans, the press etc. Those two were still able to be working artists. Stevie is now a legacy act based upon her work from 20-30+ years ago and now she’s stuck with that legacy act schtick.

She’s apparently so embarrassed by her 80s solo work that she won’t even acknowledge her latest career spanning album box set. I guess it makes sense since she uses all her Fleetwood Mac songs to sell solo tickets.
most of her classic FM stuff that she does is early stuff and ALL of it arranged by Buckingham far, far better than she or anyone else could ever have done it (Landslide, Rhiannon, Dreams, Gold Dust Woman, Gypsy). As he said in an interview, any number of her hits could well and should have been listed as co-writes. And then things like how she wrote "where is the reason, don't blame it on me, blame it on my wild heart" to his track and chord progression and he should have been credited (who knows how many others). It's no different to how she wrote She Loves Him Still and had to list Mark Knopfler as co-writer. Prince should have been co-writer on Stand Back but her charm worked....

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-01-2023 at 08:50 PM..