User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2023, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Interesting, AND, I can see why. It's so beautiful and a bit like the sea rolling in and out. However, I did not know Stevie said that.

... to the sea...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
I would ask Buckingham to redo his first two lines for "Sleeping on the Corner" and fix the glitch in the shaker.

The intros for "Red Sun" and "Lay Down For Free" are too similar (and very compressed), so I would tone down the compression and have Buckingham's guitar and John McVie's bass come in immediately with the drums on "Lay Down For Free" before the vocals come in. Maybe add some castanet flourishes a la "Trouble". Buckingham's saccharine wall of backing vocals on "Game of Pretend" would also be removed to make the chorus more subdued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I wish WISYA and WTTRS were entirely different songs.

Seriously, on Tango, I wish the vocal mix for Midnight resembled what the band did for the ensuing live shows. Less processing on Christine’s lead vocal and the presence of Stevie.

I wish Game of Pretend from BuckVie was just Christine and her piano. Drop the creepy, breathy backing vocals.

John's bass line walking up to Mick's cymbal crash mimicking a crashing wave, and how that cycle repeats all through the end, is perfect mimicking of the sea. I'm guessing the whole sea theme is what attracted John to the song so much that he wanted it on the album.

Agree the Elmer Fudd vocal on Sleeping Around the Corner is cringey.

The creepy vocals ruin Game of Pretend for me.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-02-2023 at 01:27 AM..
Old 09-02-2023, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Remove the ridiculous intro to In the Back of My Mind. It’s a good song but that intro completely ruins the flow of the album. Open with that song as it is by all means…..but don’t shove it in as the third track; just as you’re getting into it, the record stalls.
It reminds me of the even longer intro on Breaking into Heaven by the Stone Roses on their comeback album, The Second Coming. In fact, it’s very similar in style. It worked on that album as people waited a long time for the album to come out and the long intro to the first song served as an in-joke…..you’ve waited a long time and now you need to wait just a bit longer.
Who wants to sit and listen to all that silly sh!t at the start of ITBOMM? Stoopid!

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-02-2023, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Remove the ridiculous intro to In the Back of My Mind. It’s a good song but that intro completely ruins the flow of the album. !
By the way, whose voice is it at the intro (what you really like... I know...) ? Doesn't sound like Billy. I always thought it's Mick
Old 09-03-2023, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’d have thought it was mick. That said, it sounds like the same voice that did the additional ‘family man’ on TITN. I always assumed that was mick, but didn’t that turn out to just be Lindsey’s processed voice????
So on ITBOMM….who knows, could be either mick or billy with a bit of processing.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-03-2023, 04:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
By the way, whose voice is it at the intro (what you really like... I know...) ? Doesn't sound like Billy. I always thought it's Mick
This is what I found on Billy's Q & A with The Penguin.

I've read everything to date (3/28) and not one person has asked what the hell Mick is saying at the beginning of "Back of My Mind." Do you realize how maddening that is for a fan not to know something about one of their all time favorite songs? Can you remember what he's saying? (Tim Bucci, Springfield, Illinois, USA)

Billy: Mick is asking each band member beginning with me "What's it like, Billy?" and so on.

So Mick Fleetwood is the man behind the curtain. The man behind the mask.

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/inde...104&Itemid=121
Old 09-03-2023, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
This is what I found on Billy's Q & A with The Penguin.

I've read everything to date (3/28) and not one person has asked what the hell Mick is saying at the beginning of "Back of My Mind." Do you realize how maddening that is for a fan not to know something about one of their all time favorite songs? Can you remember what he's saying? (Tim Bucci, Springfield, Illinois, USA)

Billy: Mick is asking each band member beginning with me "What's it like, Billy?" and so on.

So Mick Fleetwood is the man behind the curtain. The man behind the mask.

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/inde...104&Itemid=121
Thanks for posting that. Billy states that Chris never used outside musicians for Time and that another guitarist was only brought in as "experimental." Granted this was from 2000 but has that consensus not changed over the years?
Old 09-03-2023, 05:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for posting that. Billy states that Chris never used outside musicians for Time and that another guitarist was only brought in as "experimental." Granted this was from 2000 but has that consensus not changed over the years?
In the Q&A, Billy stated that "Michael's [Michael Thompson's] work was just added to our parts." Granted, Billy only joined the Time sessions later on, but this quote seems to be the best information we have at the moment. Billy never mentioned anything about Thompson in his 2022 interview with Rolling Stone. I know that Billy came out with a book in the 2010s, so it's possible that he goes into greater detail about the Time album there, but I have yet to purchase it.
Old 09-04-2023, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Remove the ridiculous intro to In the Back of My Mind. It’s a good song but that intro completely ruins the flow of the album.
The intro doesn't bother me. What I really hate is the official video made with scenes of different past videos, shows, trying to make us believe they are playing (and singing!!!) the title song.

But I must ask if the girl at the beginning is Mick's daughter. I don't know why I think she is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUGdS1HCe7s
Old 09-04-2023, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The intro doesn't bother me. What I really hate is the official video made with scenes of different past videos, shows, trying to make us believe they are playing (and singing!!!) the title song.

But I must ask if the girl at the beginning is Mick's daughter. I don't know why I think she is.

Yes, I think that's Amy.

--Lis
Old 09-04-2023, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I know almost everyone hates that video, but I have a soft spot for it. It’s really kitch, but it’s quite, sort of……fun. Kinda.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-05-2023, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Like many here I absolutely love Red Rover, from the second I first heard the original GOS bootleg.

But as far as being a track on Say You Will, or sung live by the band, I wonder if it would have had more legs if Stevie had come in on the second verse to share vocals/harmonies.

S: One of the quiet ones
L: One of the few
S/L: Now fall down onto your knees
L: Show us all what you can do

L: We came around here
L/S: To see if you were well
S: And there’s nothing for you to fear
L: In Heaven or in Hell

Or something like that.
Old 09-05-2023, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know almost everyone hates that video, but I have a soft spot for it. It’s really kitch, but it’s quite, sort of……fun. Kinda.
I hate the way they use scenes from other videos and make a failed attempt to lipsync and cheat. It makes me recall a local tv channel that has a video clips daily program and sometimes did that. I remember a fake video of Christopher Cross' Arthur (probably because the original video had not yet reached the Peru TV channels (it was pre MTV era). I hated when they did that, so ridiculous.
Old 09-05-2023, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've read everything to date (3/28) and not one person has asked what the hell Mick is saying at the beginning of "Back of My Mind."
I always thought Mick was saying “I know what it sounds like,” as per Stevie’s lead-out on “Edge of Seventeen” on her tours at the time. (Remember that Mick appeared on stage with Stevie in Southern CA in 1986.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com