User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2023, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Lol the band just starting the song while she was about to restart rambling is priceless. Like the music playing at the Academy Awards during a long speech ��
Her band intro from that night was surprisingly coherent.

Toward the end of the evening, she let loose with my favorite “How Still My Love” I can ever remember hearing, with Waddy adding jagged guitar and getting it cooked.

Sorry again about the far-from-great audio, but here’s a little factoid about the person holding the recording device — it was Toni Graphia, who became the executive producer of Outlander on cable. She is a huge Stevie Nicks fan. I told her to CHECK THE BATTERIES before the concert started, and she did not — so the batteries were actually dying while we were recording. After the concert, Hollywood partied with the rock and roll elite at the underground Supper Club at the Forum. In those days, Stan Lynch and Mike Campbell and Benmont Tench partied plenty with the Nicks circus, so don’t let them pretend otherwise.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 09-01-2023 at 01:37 PM..
Old 09-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Her band intro from that night was surprisingly coherent.

Toward the end of the evening, she let loose with my favorite “How Still My Love” I can ever remember hearing, with Waddy adding jagged guitar and getting it cooked.

Sorry again about the far-from-great audio, but here’s a little factoid about the person holding the recording device — it was Toni Graphia, who became the executive producer of Outlander on cable. She is a huge Stevie Nicks fan. I told her to CHECK THE BATTERIES before the concert started, and she did not — so the batteries were actually dying while we were recording. After the concert, Hollywood partied with the rock and roll elite at the underground Supper Club at the Forum. In those days, Stan Lynch and Mike Campbell and Benmont Tench partied plenty with the Nicks circus, so don’t let them pretend otherwise.
Those are great quality David. She stayed at the mic the entire How Still My Love cackling like a wounded lamb. Usually on the tour she was so high she preferred to dance the last minutes of How Still My Love. She had the craziest dances. In Pittsburgh she made the ok sign with each hand and put them reverse over her eyes. But this night she wailed and cackled to the end.

My favorite Wild Heart clip. Cleveland OH, July 1983. Her dance at the end of How Still My Love is so awesome clapping off beat and high as a kite. Running in place at the mic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if0lkSZM8Ag

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-01-2023 at 06:41 PM..
Old 09-01-2023, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I'm sure it wasn't like this every night, but there must have been nights where Chris and John were sitting on that amp together and one of them mutters to the other "oh jfc, here we go again"

We'll never know, but lordy there must have been some funny exchanges between those two on that amp.
ooohh to have been a fly on that amp at all those shows and overhear those conversations....

C: here she goes again, Johnny...
J: Aren't you glad you came back, love?

--Lis
Old 09-02-2023, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Black Magic Woman
Rhiannon
Hypnotized
Woman of 1000 years
Brown Eyes
Man of the World
Save me a place
Sara
Spare me a little of your love
The Chain
Why
Say Goodbye

original album versions/original single for BMW.

I think I could just about cope being stuck on a desert island with those.
Old 09-02-2023, 04:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Those are great quality David. She stayed at the mic the entire How Still My Love cackling like a wounded lamb. Usually on the tour she was so high she preferred to dance the last minutes of How Still My Love. She had the craziest dances. In Pittsburgh she made the ok sign with each hand and put them reverse over her eyes. But this night she wailed and cackled to the end.

My favorite Wild Heart clip. Cleveland OH, July 1983. Her dance at the end of How Still My Love is so awesome clapping off beat and high as a kite. Running in place at the mic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if0lkSZM8Ag
I miss the days of fun Stevie!
Old 09-03-2023, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post
Then you'd better invent a time machine, because that ship sailed so many decades ago!
Old 09-03-2023, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post
They were definitely fun and wild days back then. There used to be an old thread of all the crazy stuff she did or said on the Wild Heart tour. I noticed that Stevie would introduce her band at different times in the set over the Wild Heart tour. I once read that it was fairly common for her to miss a bandmember during introductions. I would love to talk to a former bandmate about how unexpected she would be. For example I was listening to the Pittsburgh show the other night and when she goes to introduce her bass player Wizard, he's not on stage. She has to bypass him and finally introduces him at the end. I suppose Wizard needed a bump or took an unexpected bathroom break However nothing beats her selling Sharon at the US Festival. "She can be yours for $25,000." WTF?

In 1983 my local paper had a write up review of the Wild Heart show. Its said that Stevie relied too much on her sex appeal to carry the show and that her band seemed as confused as she was and the concert was like a "What ever happened to Stevie game show" since she was backstage so much. I thought that review was harsh. But looking back it makes sense. Stevie had incredible talent and she was beautiful so she could get away with that strange behavior on stage. Imagine a 300 pound woman acting the same way. She would be laughed off the stage with speaking in tongues because she is trying to convey 4 thoughts at once. But the magical fairy tale world Stevie created allowed her to escape that harsh criticism. It was all part of the fairy tale persona she created. She was beautiful and hot so it was her being her. She still could sing. By the time her next solo tour rolled along 3 years later the wheels started coming off. Her voice was gone, she gained weight and was losing control completely.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-03-2023 at 11:45 AM..
Old 09-05-2023, 02:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Then you'd better invent a time machine, because that ship sailed so many decades ago!
Trust me, I came to that unhappy realization several years ago.