The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Which songs do you like the most?
Christine's songs 14 56.00%
Lindsey's songs 2 8.00%
Stevie's songs 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2023, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
He lost it at the night of 1000 Stevie's.
Chiffon was all over the floor. It was dark but someone was yelling.. Bwboy, are you in there? He soon emerged with a tambourine around his neck and exclained "They were poets yet they were priests of nothing. His Sister Honey was stretched to the limit that night.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-14-2023 at 11:11 AM..
Old 08-14-2023, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Chiffon was all over the floor. It was dark but someone was yelling.. Bwboy, are you in there? He soon emerged with a tambourine around his neck and exclained "They were poets yet they were priests of nothing. His Sister Honey was stretched to the limit that night.
Don't forget he emerged from the stairs, and everyone stared.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I guess I just really relate to Warm Ways because that song was playing in the background all five times I lost my virginity, .
I am calculating towards how many body parts a virginity can be lost. I only find 3.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
I went with Stevie's songs, although it would've been great at the time to have had at least one more (Sorcerer anyone?) given that Lindsey sang Crystal. That said, Stevie's harmony/background vocal makes the song just as great as Lindsey's lead. What sets her songs apart is that these two became live staples for decades and are signature tunes. Both Christine and Lindsey had their signatures come on Rumours, not to say that Dreams and Gold Dust Woman aren't, but Rhiannon and Landslide are the tunes. It comes down to the vocals though- captured on record is a tone that was never to be repeated, that's what makes them standouts in her career.
Actually, THE big song from the white album that really broke the band with radio was Over My Head. That's the song that got tremendous radio play and drove people to the album. Rhiannon came after that... and was big on radio but even bigger live which helped cement Stevie as a performer. Over My Head live was never, ever going to do that for Chris. She followed by giving them Say You Love Me as another smash single. So Chris really has to get major credit for breaking the band and the success of that album especially on radio.

Landslide was always a concert staple and was never a big radio song. It was like those movies that don't make a ton of money when first released but end up becoming massive classics over time. So, our feelings about Landslide based on what we know now, sure, big important song. Not really at the time though. And, frankly, when Stevie first sang it with FM live it was NOT good. She eventually found her footing. Listen to some of those early shows before the white album even came out, and even after. Ray Lindsey talked about that in that documentary/interview he did with a group of other roadies for other bands. Those early shows for some reason she was just NOT good and had a really hard time dealing with it.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-14-2023 at 11:35 AM..
Old 08-14-2023, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Don't forget he emerged from the stairs, and everyone stared.
I think this was the night it happened. Do you even understand the word pleasure?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRRYkGAd0as
Old 08-14-2023, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I am calculating towards how many body parts a virginity can be lost. I only find 3.
To quote my favorite Stevie song- Show Them the Way. Or Not Make Believe.
Old 08-14-2023, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
In fairness, there are numerous ways losing one’s virginity can be applied. Not just with regards to acts you perform with your own body (or are performed upon you) but WHOM you perform them with.
Old 08-14-2023, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
In fairness, there are numerous ways losing one’s virginity can be applied. Not just with regards to acts you perform with your own body (or are performed upon you) but WHOM you perform them with.
Don't you I'm only human? ahhhh ahhhhhh
Old 08-14-2023, 07:04 PM
FuzzyPlum
This message has been deleted by FuzzyPlum.
Old 08-14-2023, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He lost it at the night of 1000 Stevie's.
Only 995 virginities left to go then

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-14-2023, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Only 995 virginities left to go then
Now that's funny!
Old 08-15-2023, 12:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

This is the first time I voted for Stevie Nicks, although I could have easily gone with Christine McVie. "Crystal", "Rhiannon", and "Landslide" are all great, although the latter two might be victims of overexposure. I wasn't sure whether to count "World Turning" as a Lindsey song or a Christine song, but I should have just counted it as both when I made my decision. I also decided to only rate the album versions of the songs as opposed to the single mixes. Had the single mixes been factored in, I would have likely given it to Christine McVie instead. There aren't any songs from her that I dislike, although the album version of "Over My Head" is quite underwhelming compared to the single remix. Even album cuts like "Warm Ways" and "Sugar Daddy" have grown on me slightly. As s the case with several of these votes, I am feeling compelled to switch my vote to Christine McVie, but my first instinct was to vote for Stevie.

Lindsey has hardly gotten a mention here, but his songs are fine as well, but he was only given two with sole- songwriting credits, so it didn't feel right giving him the edge over the other two songwriters. The studio version of "I'm So Afraid" often gets cast aside, but I find the understated and restrained playing to be appealing. "Monday Morning" was a fine album opener and could have worked well as a single, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Last edited by WalkAThinLine.; 08-15-2023 at 01:01 PM..
Old 08-15-2023, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie wins this one. She was what was new and unique with this album. Also, Christine created the commercial hit and Lindsey worked hard in the background.
Old 08-15-2023, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Stevie wins this one. She was what was new and unique with this album. Also, Christine created the commercial hit and Lindsey worked hard in the background.
Lindsey crafted the arrangements of the Stevie material (which to be overly technical wasn't new at all... though I take your point that it was new to FM). Her songs sparkled the way they did in significant part because Lindsey had worked on them already ... certainly at least as part of the second BN album which they were working on. Now, John and Chris and Mick added magic to those songs, but what was handed to them to work on was a much more polished and beefed up product than whatever they were like in Stevie's songwriting demos. So his contribution includes her songs for sure.
Old 08-15-2023, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
So his contribution includes her songs for sure.
I made this comment about Soldier's Angel once and was called a misogynist
Old 08-22-2023, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I made this comment about Soldier's Angel once and was called a misogynist
Yes, you Soldier'ed on!