User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
if by 'new album' you mean new FM album, then I have to respectfully disagree with you.

I think she will put off the Mac and do something solo and then maybe return to do another FM album… at which point, IMHO, the momentum of Chris's return will have been lost.

I think she's wrestling with the winding down of time… maybe regretting time not spent doing more solo stuff, who knows.. but I think she's underestimating the time window for closing out the FM chapter. I think she still thinks she can jump back and forth between the solo career and FM one more time, and I'm not sure that's so true. I think at this point in time there are too many variables outside of their control (foremost among them being mortality, followed by health).
I was just thinking about this. She does talk a lot about jumping back and forth between these 2 careers, but it's coming to the point where she IS going to have to choose. It's going to be unavoidable, if it isn't already. Which, I would agree gives her the right to be undecided. That's a lot of pressure. But when a lot of your fans are frustrated as well as your own band, maybe it's time to look at the bigger picture and revisit priorities.

Last edited by pauls90; 02-20-2015 at 12:21 PM..
Old 02-20-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
I was just thinking about this. She does talk a lot about jumping back and forth between these 2 careers, but it's coming to the point where she IS going to have to choose. It's going to be unavoidable, if it isn't already. Which, I would agree gives her the right to be undecided. That's a lot of pressure. But when a lot of your fans are frustrated as well as your own band, maybe it's time to look at the bigger picture and revisit priorities.
This tour has really made her step her game up. She looks and sounds energized. I thought she was going to have a seizure during GDW. Maybe she'll give it a chance.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-20-2015 at 01:10 PM..
Old 03-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will get a load of this news.Sorry if this a dup posting.

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/...uple-of-years/

Mick Fleetwood Hoping Fleetwood Mac Will Release New Album "Within the Next Couple of Years"

9 March 2015

[Courtesy Credit: Danny Clinch] Will Fleetwood Mac release a new album with longtime singer/keyboardist Christine McVie? That’s a question on the minds of a lot of the band’s fans. It’s no secret that the group has started amassing some material for a possible new record, but founding drummer Mick Fleetwood admits it may be a “couple of years” before he and his band mates will have the chance to complete the project since they’re currently focused on touring and will be for some time.

“This whole touring stuff is getting sort of totally, in a good way, out of control,” Fleetwood tells ABC Radio. “We’re going all over the world now, so we don’t quite know how we’re gonna finish this [album] out.”

Fleetwood Mac is in the middle of its second North American tour leg since Christine McVie officially rejoined the band last year. The current trek is scheduled to run through an April 14 concert in the Los Angeles area, and that will be followed by a European outing that runs from late May until the middle of July. The group also is expected to visit other parts of the world before wrapping up the tour.

As for the new music Fleetwood Mac has been preparing, Mick tells ABC Radio, “We’re building up this whole sort of dossier of material, a glut of stuff.” He explains that singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham “has a great chunk of wonderful songs, [most of which are] pretty flushed out and finished,” adding that the band also has “been in the studio with Christine in months gone by [and that] worked out amazingly well.”

Fleetwood says the only element that really is missing from the project is some new original songs from Stevie Nicks. For her part, Nicks told ABC Radio late last year that she was unsure whether, after the band wrapped up its tour, she would be willing to keep her solo career on hold and “sign up for another year of making a record.”

And what are Mick’s feelings about the chances for a new Fleetwood Mac album? “I hope it happens,” he says. “My inclination is, the music will not be wasted. It will come out one way or another. And I truly hope, and I quietly believe it will be Fleetwood Mac, and Stevie will do some lovely stuff and within the next couple of years we will get that done.”

Here are the remaining dates on Fleetwood Mac’s current North American tour:

3/11 — North Little Rock, AR, Verizon Arena
3/12 — Oklahoma City, OK, Chesapeake Energy Arena
3/15 — Charlottesville, VA, John Paul Jones Arena
3/17 — Greensboro, NC, Greensboro Coliseum Complex
3/18 — Nashville, TN, Bridgestone Arena
3/21 — Miami, FL, American Airlines Arena
3/23 — Orlando, FL, Amway Center
3/25 — Atlanta, GA, Philips Arena
3/27 — St. Louis, MO, Scottrade Center
3/28 — Kansas City, MO, Sprint Center
3/31 — Wichita, KS, INTRUST Bank Arena
4/1 — Denver, CO, Pepsi Center
4/4 — Vancouver, BC, Canada, Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena
4/6 — Bakersfield, CA, Rabobank Arena
4/7 — Oakland, CA, Oracle Arena
4/10 — Inglewood, CA, The Forum
4/11 — Las Vegas, NV, MGM Grand Garden Arena
4/14 — Inglewood, CA, The Forum

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Powered by WPeMatico

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-09-2015, 09:20 PM

Artistically speaking, that's just crazy to record something in 2014 and release it in 2017... Unless, you're Stevie and re-doing old songs.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

so Mick is now saying in interviews what he's been saying at m&gs for the last 6 months... except timeline is getting longer and longer.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-09-2015, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Its starting to look like new tunes and a 40th anniversary Rumours tour in 2017.

We got to bring Ruby's to to the show in 2017 to Stevie and Chris on stage.Oops thats for wedding anniversaries . LOL......................

Will we've been married to the band since they started.Why not. LOL......

Old 03-09-2015, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Artistically speaking, that's just crazy to record something in 2014 and release it in 2017... Unless, you're Stevie and re-doing old songs.
Well, luckily songs don't have "use by" date. Is 2017 now the estimate date for album? I assumed it could be done and out in 2016.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Well, luckily songs don't have "use by" date. Is 2017 now the estimate date for album? I assumed it could be done and out in 2016.
I disagree. Music can spoil if you don't release it in the time it is supposed to be released. The artist may not even be inspired by it, anymore.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Exactly! Songs don't expire. Stevie says she's always writing. To insinuate that her recent release proves she's "dried out" creatively is hogwash. Anyone who read any of the articles about 24K knows she used mostly demos for that release due to time constraints (among other reasons). And there was nothing wrong with that.

My belief is that she just isn't comfortable working in the studio with Lindsey, no matter how it's done these days (Skype, email, what-not), and no matter if Christine is there or not. I think the stage is one thing for Stevie, the studio is another.

but I could be totally wrong.

Jamie
Old 03-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did not know new written songs can go stale like a bag of chips or a bottle of milk.

Songs about the current events can be dated but some can be a tribute to the issue or the person the songs written about.

Stevie already proved she can revive tunes from her vault and refresh them up for 24K.I cant wait for the second 24K album.

At this point .I dont care if her tunes for the new FM album are fresh or 30 plus years old.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
My belief is that she just isn't comfortable working in the studio with Lindsey, no matter how it's done these days (Skype, email, what-not), and no matter if Christine is there or not. I think the stage is one thing for Stevie, the studio is another.

but I could be totally wrong.
so you think her reasons are not of creative or professional nature but more personal non-comfort for whatever reason?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's criminal. Lindsey and Christine would just sit there for 2 years rather than finding some other way to release their music. And while Lindsey may do something solo once the band is off the road, I want to hear Christine's songs too. They aren't going to find any way to get their music out before 2017??

Seriously, Mick used to be the most easy-going member of the band and even he had his limits. Lindsey, Christine and John didn't have tolerant personalities at all, but now they're just ... ugh.

Michele
Old 03-09-2015, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think he's using this as a time frame buffer and hope it will be sooner.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2 years?????? They don't have two years. They are getting much older, if they didn't notice. This tour is all about the money. They can't possibly want to tour for a year to restate their body of work. They said that during The Dance and then no album.