The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-10-2017, 12:25 AM
Junior Ledgie

I love how Lindsey is embracing the new dynamic with Christine.

I actually think Christine started it: at the Seattle show, when he was going on and on about Christine's absence and her brave journey, she interrupted him and said, "tell me!". It was almost like she was indicating that she was capable of more on-stage banter: transforming from her reluctance to be the spotlight to being a full on-stage player. Now, Lindsey plays repeatedly off of her, let's her into his spiel. It's so terrific, gets him out of his own head.

Also, this is such a crass comment, but I used to think - with all the relationship drama of the 1970s - that surely Lindsey had his way with Christine at some time. But, now, I don't think so! They seem to be getting to know one another.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchagirl View Post

I actually think Christine started it: at the Seattle show, when he was going on and on about Christine's absence and her brave journey, she interrupted him and said, "tell me!". It was almost like she was indicating that she was capable of more on-stage banter: transforming from her reluctance to be the spotlight to being a full on-stage player. Now, Lindsey plays repeatedly off of her, let's her into his spiel. It's so terrific, gets him out of his own head.

Also, this is such a crass comment, but I used to think - with all the relationship drama of the 1970s - that surely Lindsey had his way with Christine at some time. But, now, I don't think so! They seem to be getting to know one another.

I think this kind of new relationship will change the dynamics on stage when they tour with Fleetwood Mac....
Old 08-10-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I think this kind of new relationship will change the dynamics on stage when they tour with Fleetwood Mac....
Absolutely. And, I think we've seen it already in the Classic Concerts.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchagirl View Post

It's a truly amazing thing to watch. You can see where a lot of FM's magic comes from.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
tell me more, tell me more!!!!
Haha there are some pics a friend took during the show posted in our Real Savage Like Facebook group- one of LB talking to me and another one of him walking up to me with a ready to fight pose. Lol. It was just the usual - I was giving him my list of the songs he owes me - like Rodeo, Walk a thin line and of course What makes you think you're the one.

Now when they added another leg they should really spice up a setlist and add at least some of those songs!

(and I'm sure they won't- but we need to try! He actually seemed genuinely interested to hear what all I have on my gripe list - which is not usually the case, so maybe if we push enough... trouble and SUD can go and we can get some deeper cuts from LB next leg)

Old 08-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at the show, and will post a better review later (I had to put a second down in less than a month yesterday, so it's been chaotic around here).

I was right up front within an arm's length of Christine during the encore, and I heard Lindsey say something about them hopefully doing this again in a couple of years, and also said that he hoped he didn't just let the cat out of the bag.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

YES! I heard the same thing. Thank you so much for confirming. Not sure what you meant by putting a second one down-if it's a pet please accept my condolences.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

I think she is so beautiful. This video does not do justice to how pretty her hair is in person. It's luminous! And she has eyes like a cat.

Any doubts I had about Christine's vocals were put to rest that night. It was such a thrill to hear her sing.

Thanks for posting Elle!
Old 08-11-2017, 09:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I heard Lindsey say something about "doing this again". I hope someone else heard it too or has it recorded. A second album would be incredible! Then if they tour we'd get songs from BOTH albums. Can you imagine?!
He did! He said "...We are working so well together that we'll be doing this again in another couple of years!"

Assuming to make 2018 a FM year...
Old 08-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Trying to post a picture of Christine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03998.JPG (85.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 08-12-2017, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey close up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04035.JPG (53.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris & Lindsey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04050.JPG (71.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the end of the show
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04073.JPG (60.9 KB, 12 views)