User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
I'd love to hear some more of Lindsey's Tusk stuff in these shows, but the one to cut for me is GDW. Especially with the extended "dancing" now at the end. It's a good song, but you can have too much of a good thing after all. Something about Sara keeps me hooked. Maybe I'm just a softy. I'd love to see it here though. You won't offend me. Promise.
ok, i'll upload it next, just for you.

oh i love GDW, but agree with you it drags for way too long at the end. they could cut 2-3 mins there easily, but still keep the song. or cut more and make it lean and mean, like NTF was remade for this tour.

meanwhile, here is Say Goodbye and final bows:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
I'd love to see it here though. You won't offend me. Promise.
ok, it's even shorter than i remembered, just a bit over 1-minute snippet.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-16-2013, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

Another amusing intro.

We've created a monster. She is now hooked on YouTube and watches every night to see how long the intro is. Note: explaining that it is now longer than it was in the beginning of the tour and why actually makes it even longer...

Personally, I love that it has now become a tag team intro - and that LB just wishes all the time that he could start the song.

I think Stevie is playing this up intentionally so that people will get back to their seats and hear the song! Smart move, Mama. Drag that puppy out. You will hear Buckingham Nicks and you will like it!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;1096287]ok, it's even shorter than i remembered, just a bit over 1-minute snippet.

That's ok. Thanks! Nice to hear her voice that clear. I guess I'll have to hope there's another US leg in them for the fall/winter.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
although even while filming i got so bored with the song going on and on that i couldn't hold camera up anymore so it's not the whole song ...
C'mon now. When you know good and well that the hug is the best part of the show.

Michele
Old 06-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
C'mon now. When you know good and well that the hug is the best part of the show.

Michele
Old 06-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are 16 photos.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-...en-loans-arena
Old 06-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"I love my girlfriend and she's very talented and so you've got to take her too."

Michele
Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"I love my girlfriend and she's very talented and so you've got to take her too."

Michele
It's called "loyalty."
Old 06-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The most curious part of the show may have been the second of two two-song encores. Who would choose to end a Fleetwood Mac show with Fleetwood and McVie offstage, leaving Buckingham and Nicks alone to do “Silver Springs’’ and “Say Goodbye?’’
Who? Probably the same people (read: the band) who used to chose to end the show with Christine McVie and her piano singing Songbird for the better part of 20 years (and yes, I know Lindsey used to strum along in the old days, but still..).

Second, I'll admit I don't follow the tour every show (after the one I attended anyway), but since when do Stevie and Lindsey do "Silver Springs" without the rest of the band??

Edit - that's a quote from the review...just wanted to clarify because I took off the review header when I quoted it for my post!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Second, I'll admit I don't follow the tour every show (after the one I attended anyway), but since when do Stevie and Lindsey do "Silver Springs" without the rest of the band??
This reviewer must not have been listening if he thought Silver Springs was acoustic It's full band as always.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
This reviewer must not have been listening if he thought Silver Springs was acoustic It's full band as always.
LOL...I didn't think so...1) I don't think that would sound good, and 2) This band would NEVER do such a drastic change to the arrangement of a song mid-tour!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Who? Probably the same people (read: the band) who used to chose to end the show with Christine McVie and her piano singing Songbird for the better part of 20 years (and yes, I know Lindsey used to strum along in the old days, but still..).
And Lindsey likes to close his solo shows acoustic too.

Obviously, Stevie closes with a band, but she closes quiet ballad as well. It's something they've all adopted. They think it's some kind of signature.

I don't know how Mick closes his shows, though. Michele
Old 06-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

This was my 4th time seeing FM and my 6th time seeing Stevie. My god what an amazing show it was, topped any times I have ever seen them before. Still on a high from the show. Didn't think I was going to make it, and morning of, found $50. Went to the box office and they gave a a $150 ticket for $50. Was forst row club level right next to the stage. They were AMAZING. They coildve recorded this show for a live album. I was mesmerized.
GDW was purely entrancing, So Afraid was so emotional and enthrallIng, amazing solo. She took Sisters exactl where she wanted too, and she sounded fantastic, she hit the higher notes and the ended and didn't sound strained at all. Sara was the best it's been in years and they really captured that ethereal quality the original recording has. Ashley was at the show, and Stevie dedicated landslide to her, and teared up at the beginning. Lindsey extended the intro and bridge to Big Love and it was awesome. She gave a hilarious intro to Without You and the song sounded fantastic, along with Sad Angel. EOTW was VERY fun, even more so than in '03. Never been a fan of NTF but it KICKED ASS live. Loved tusk and it's newer intro, and the crowd went nuts for it. Silver springs was a powerful, raunchy vocal and she dragged the end of it out to perfection. Say goodbye was purely beautiful. Lindsey was very funny when he spoke, and is just such a smart man. And what an incredible musician and person. Stevie was in the best vocal form I ever have heard her since 97, and, IMO, stole the show with GDW. Mick held his beat soooo well, and John riffed beautifully. Very diverse crowd age wise and racially, and this crowd SANG. Everyone sang most songs, but Gypsy was a BIG sing along, surprisingly almost as much as Landslide. Once again she didn't even sound strained on Gypsy. World Turning pumped me up so much, and EVERYONE sang on GYOW. what an AMAZING show and night so great gum that this band is still just as captivating as ever. And as a side but big note, I couldn't BELIEVE how energetic Stevie was with FM. Just a little ball of energy, Nd sang her hear out. Thank you Fleetwood Mac. One of the greatest nights of my life.

~She wonders how many more hours her heart will feel broken~
Old 06-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow what an incredible show. Like night bird this was my 4th fleetwood Mac show since 2003 8th time seeing Stevie and 6th Lindsey. This was easily the best fleetwood Mac show. I'll still say Stevie individually will probably never impress me as much overall as she did 1 year ago solo on her IYD tour but this was a close second. And it was by far the most engaged I've seen her in a fleetwood Mac show.

Hands down the absolute peak of the show is gold dust woman and I'm so afraid. They've been back to back at all 4 Mac shows I've seen but never had the insane impact they both held last night. Betsy one two punch I've ever experienced at any concert period. Stevie's vocal on gold dust woman mixed with her possessed dancing and what gets neglected to be mentioned but is just as impressive is the instrumentation on GDW is probably better then any other part of the show. Mick drums his ass off here. Micks drumming is also my favorite part of so afraid. And back to gold dust woman, to those who say cut it 3 minutes and add another song, they did 23 songs when it was 7 minutes long and they do 23 when its 10. The song extending is not taking from the rest of the show.

I could extend the one two punch to three with eyes of the world before it, the third best song of the night. I already new I loved it live and it was a highlight of the say you will tour but it was even better last night.

I still have to ask myself what the f**k are the band thinking with sisters. Not one decision they made with how to do that song makes sense. Stevie yelling over Lindsey's guitar solo in such awkward phrasing and random sisters being spoken. Despite all that I loved it and Stevie sings he ass off. 4th best song of the night.

Without you intro may have to be considered its own song at this point. Because that intro is such a highlight but that song was a real lowlight for me. I know it should be really emotional and all but I just find it boring. Not nearly as boring as never going back again which got one of the greatest crowd reactions of the night to my dismay. My pr tour opinion that it's not a must do is unfortunately dead wrong.

He Will Burn You Down